Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.

Would you go and watch Roger doing The Wall live in 2010?

Yes Definiately!
77%
Possibly
12%
Indifferent
3%
Probably not
4%
Absolutely not!
3%

Total votes: 121

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Roger Waters The Wall Concerts in 2010 and 2011

Post by Keith Jordan »

Was any evidence provided to support the claims?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
Last edited by nosaj on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Auditions? What auditions?
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

moom wrote:Auditions? What auditions?
he needs somebody to fill Andy Fairweather Lows shoes:

“Dennis has been doing these solo shows for a long time; I only started in 2006 with Sweet Soulful Music album after most probably at least 26 years, 28 years, of not being a front man.

“Twenty four of those years were with Roger Waters. In fact they’ve asked me if I can go out with him at the end of the year but I don’t think I can do it because of this arrangement with Dennis. How long will it be running? Let’s try a year and a half.”

In Waters’ band, Andy would play bass and acoustic guitar with very little singing or lead guitar work required of him. “So I’m enjoying playing guitar at my shows, whereas with Roger there were two other guitarists, and I’d only play lead on Leaving Beirut,” he says.

“Roger is a real good friend but on the Dark Side Of The Moon tour, I’d sit out the back for four numbers, in the damp and dark out in Mexico, thinking ‘What am I doing here when I could be at home seeing my grandson?’.”

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/leisure/musi ... burary_28/
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

moom wrote:Thanks :D I guess it's an opportunity to me.
Hahahahahahahah...
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

moom wrote:I guess it's an opportunity to me.
Nope. But this is:

On topic. Bloke from Pulse and spirit site has some info that Rogers management started to ask questions about some venues in Vienna. Thats couple of hours drive, so it seems I'll finally have an opportunity to see the man live yay.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Very nice! Vienna is not that far away from me too. If he plays Vienna or Budapest I'll be there for sure!
Charles
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Charles »

Seeing another roger waters concert would be so meaningful to me. I hope he could at least play a couple of the dark side of the moon songs as well(time, any color you like) or all of them : ) The show must go on. It would be one of my best memories later in life. Pink Floyd has always been my favorite band! Please play in California Again Roger Waters. the 2007 concert in the indoor Oakland stadium was so amazing! i know many youngsters age 11-16 who love you're music and have never witnessed a concert. If you're up to it I'm sure many of you're dedicated fans would thoroughly appreciate the appearance!! I know it would mean a lot to me. Thanks
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

This was an email sent out to harvested members by Lord Ron:

Hi all,

I'm reaching out to some of you who aren't on the A Fleeting Glimpse forum. Colin Turner, who created and runs the AFG website (www.pinkfloydz. com) and forum is one of the nicest guys I've ever met and once again we are trying to raise money to flu him to the US to join us for a few Wall shows later this year. I'm taking donations via my PayPal account or through personal checks. We need more help this time and that's why I'm reaching out further than the forum. No amount is too small and all donations are greatly appreciated!

In the near future I will be offering, for a limited time, a special compilation DVD that will be offered to folks who make a minimum donation (tbd). All the clips on this DVD are high quality and all of the audio has been remastered as well. In cases where the band were lip synching the audio has been replaced with the original studio versions. More details to follow shortly.

Here's what I posted on AFG:

For Roger's Dark Side of the Moon Tour, AFG members pitched in generously to fly Colin from down under to the US to join us for Roger's Denver show in 2008 and we were all better for it. Not only does Col keep the AFG website running by paying for it all out of his own pocket, he keeps it obsessively updated and also created the best Pink Floyd forum/community on the internet. What could be a better way to say THANK YOU than to contribute a few dollars to help fly him back for another show or two, or three, or... well, you get the idea.

Donations can be made via PayPal or check (details to follow) but please keep track of this thread for rare items being offered for sale, auction and raffle! We will be setting up a new AFG shop shortly on Zazzle that will offer a variety of merchandise including exclusive tour t-shirts for all AFG members worldwide as well as a new AFG Forum Member Convocation t-shirt dedicated to a specific venue where many of us will be meeting up. The Denver meet-up was one of the best experiences of our lives and we're looking to top it this time around. Most merchandise will be available next month when tour dates are officially announced but don't let that stop you from donating early and often. This time our goal is set at $4,000 which will pay for air travel (international and domestic), miscellaneous transportation, food, lodging and concert tickets. I'll keep a running total posted as the money substantially increases.

Please send all PayPal donations to rontoon@aol. com. Please PM me for information on where to send any personal checks. All checks will be cashed only after we reach the $3,000 (75% of the total) mark or otherwise noted. Anonymous donations are welcome as well.

So come on people. Let's BRING THE COL BACK HOME!!!

Please pass this on to any Floyd fans that you think would want to help out. Thanks in advance for your kindness : )
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Yea, saw that over there. Nice gesture.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Damn!t wrote:Nice gesture.
True ... but what next , Keith would like to go to Orlando for a 2 week holiday cos the Hard Rock Cafe over there has the Divison Bell Heads on display ... c'mon , lets get Keith to Disney !! :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I tell you what then, you lot can pay for me to attend a concert in Italy perhaps and I wil write you a nice 3 paragraph report when I get back.

Who will set up the fundraising efforts?? :lol: Only joking. Col is a good chap but I cannot think why I would pay for him to go on holiday and watch a band. But he is a good chap!!

So... any more information from the rumour mill? Any venues booked? Any promoters printing their posters already?!?! :o <.8.> :D
pffan1990

Post by pffan1990 »

Perhaps there can be a fundraiser to fly me to Kelly's place in Texas for a hot date, dancing, and then a lovely make-out/leg-rubbing session(s) the rest of the night (the love-making is optional). :lol:

BOT: I'm still looking forward to hearing the official announcements of the upcoming tour this fall, if there is one.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

](*,) ](*,)
Last edited by nosaj on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.