Top of the Pops video(s)?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
karmania
Axe
Axe

Re: Top of the Pops video(s)?

Post by karmania »

zag wrote:Thanks for the 3 separate TOTP session pics, Karmamania.
Zag You are most welcome - I chose pics that do NOT commonly circulate so glad they are appreciated.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

I wonder what Andrew King meant when he mentioned: "You can chart his decline through thouse three weeks. The first one he looks lovely, the last one he looks rough".
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

Wolfpack wrote: Can someone tell the guitar chord Syd is holding on the photo? (If any chord at all?)
Looks like A chord (Gigolo Aunt ?)
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

zag wrote:That b/w picture is from Olympia, June 6th ´70.
Maybe it really is? (I didn't believe it. But now I'm in doubt.)
The cover photo of the book 'Crazy Diamond' is mentioned as taken by Barry Plummer in 1971. In that photo session, Syd's haircut looks much like the Piper years. If that date is correct, it's possible that Syd also had such a haircut in 1970.
I always imagine the solo Syd looking like he does on the cover of 'Opel' (shoulder-long hair) or the cover of 'Madcap' (messy hair). I forgot the Plummer photo's. And maybe the 'Opel'- en 'Madcap'-photo's are from 1969. Maybe photo's of Syd in 1970 are rare?

Still, I'd like to have hard proof the above picture really is from Olympia, June 6th 1970. :) Does Retna Pictures have alternate pictures of that same day, or would a photographer come to a concert for just one picture?
zag wrote:I wonder what Andrew King meant when he mentioned: "You can chart his decline through thouse three weeks. The first one he looks lovely, the last one he looks rough".
Those colour photo's don't match the decline story. I guess they were taken at other shows than only ToTP.

Too bad that there has never really been an investigation which tv show photo's were taken at exactly what tv show. I guess it can't be too difficult, when comparing the backgrounds with photo's of other groups. (Or were there shows in 1967 in which each group had its own background?)

"Pink Floyd on Radio and TV", sounds to me like an interesting title for a book. Or maybe just a photo book with only the tv shows.
Have I found a hole in the market? :)
zag wrote:
Wolfpack wrote: Can someone tell the guitar chord Syd is holding on the photo? (If any chord at all?)
Looks like A chord (Gigolo Aunt ?)
Thanks.
oldperfume
Blade
Blade

Post by oldperfume »

this is in response to "Judge" who listed other Syd videos during his time with the Floyd. I'm sorry, but these were songs played to old footage! They were using "Astronomy" from the Hans Kellar show, made it a different color & used scream thy last scream over it!!> This is NOT footage. These are home made or record execs pilfering off Syd's name. "Scarecrow" is a great vid but the others are Syd's songs super imposed over archival footage & PLAIN BULLSHIT. Cool to look at, but when I mentioned videos, I was thinking more on the lines of "Astronomy" live. These vids are nice but they're recycled & I was looking for ORIGINAL stuff!! I know there's not alot of Syd out there on video, TV, etc so I appreciate even the recycled stuff, don't get me wrong!! Just figured he was a popular guy & that there would be more media on him.......Oh well.........
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

oldperfume wrote:Just figured he was a popular guy & that there would be more media on him.......Oh well.........
A lot of radio- en TV-material has been wiped.