Your Memories of David Gilmour Concerts Your Have Attended

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.

Have you seen David Gilmour Live?

Yes
48%
No
52%
Don't know
No votes

Total votes: 23

Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Your Memories of David Gilmour Concerts Your Have Attend

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Saw him at the London Royal Festival Hall 2002..the night Kate Bush came on

Amsterdam Heineken Music Hall 2006...1st Night

Glasgow SECC Armadillo 2006....1st time i had been to this venue, and i must say it's a fantastic venue
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer
Location: Frogs, Snails... Beurk-Yuck! Cheese, it depends on the smell

Post by kellylily »

Jack Dempsey wrote:Saw him at the London Royal Festival Hall 2002..the night Kate Bush came on

Glasgow SECC Armadillo 2006....1st time i had been to this venue, and i must say it's a fantastic venue
What's a venue? A coming? Even sometimes, dictionnary doesn't help :(
In love with David G
Blade
Blade

Post by In love with David G »

A venue is a place where you can experience a concert or something.
kellylily
Hammer
Hammer
Location: Frogs, Snails... Beurk-Yuck! Cheese, it depends on the smell

Post by kellylily »

In love with David G wrote:A venue is a place where you can experience a concert or something.
Thank you In love with David :)
floydcrimsonelp
Axe
Axe

Post by floydcrimsonelp »

Keith Jordan wrote:I had the pleasure of watching David Gilmour one time only at the beautiful Manchester Bridgewater Hall theatre on his On An Island 2006 tour. Excellent experience, Crosby and Nash were doing backing vocals and Echoes (my favourite Floyd song) sounded superb! I certainly wouldn't mind watching him again.

Have you seen him live? Care to share your memories?
Keith, I regret to say that I have not yet seen my hero in concert. I hope and pray everyday that he will release a new album soon. However, my dad had the pleasure of seeing Pink Floyd during their MLOR tour in the late 80's and said it was quite an amazing experience for him. There's something else I would like to say. I'm sorry about the topic I started about the secret David Gilmour/Roger Waters diaries. I wasn't meaning to mock either of them, especially Gilmour's weight. Like I said, David is my hero and I would never say or do anything to insult him in anyway. Same with Waters (seeing him in November :D). I
mihalis22
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mihalis22 »

First time I saw David Gilmour Live (on his own) was in 1984 in France, in Paris
Then the Meltdown and the 2002 tour ( Paris and London, and of course 2006, France and RAH, but for me one of the best one was in Vienne in July 2006. Will never forget this gig.
Of course I saw him with Pink Floyd before that.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

witnessing Echoes for the first time at the Royal Albert Hall 30th May 2006 show one epic moment same with entire 2nd set that night
But the best was being at the Mermaid Theatre gig 3rd row eye level pretty much with David Gilmour and hearing the amazing version of Shine On You Crazy Diamond and Comfortably Numb i had a few tears in my eyes during them songs. Too top that amazing everyone sung Happy Birthday too David which too him by suprise. Afterwards i was lucky enough too David Polly, Jon Carin, Dick Parry Guy Pratt after the show which was unexpected.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Jack Dempsey wrote:Saw him at the London Royal Festival Hall 2002..the night Kate Bush came on

YES!!!

How good was the sound in the Armadillo?

That was the greatest night of my life. First time seeing him live, so when the heart beat of Breathe begun and you saw Gilmours outline as he came out and sat at his pedal steel I can honestly say its as excited as i've ever been.

Saw him a few days later in his first Albert Hall show too (the one where Bowie appeared). Both gigs well worth the money, sensational live performances and unforgettable experiences.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Keith Jordan wrote:I'm happy for you! :cry: I think I had an exam the day after or something and wouldn't have made it back in time. Oh dear. Glad you had a good time though.
Keith did you buy Albert Hall tickets before they announced the Manchester date?

Me and my mate did this with Glasgow, bought Albert Hall tickets before he announced he was playing Glasgow. I'm Gilmour daft though so I just went to both shows :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

kjek1 wrote:
Keith Jordan wrote:I'm happy for you! :cry: I think I had an exam the day after or something and wouldn't have made it back in time. Oh dear. Glad you had a good time though.
Keith did you buy Albert Hall tickets before they announced the Manchester date?
I think so, yes. I think this was some time before the 2006 tour from memory. 2004?