Charlie Gilmour > Anarchy in London

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
TickledPink
Embryo
Embryo

Re: DG Jnr in the Sh*t

Post by TickledPink »

BBC news today called him the son of pink floyd DRUMMER Dave Gilmour. Had to laugh at that.
gatherroundandhaggle
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gatherroundandhaggle »

Flying pig437 wrote:
Peter Harold wrote:Charlie Gilmour? :-o

As far I know, there is not any Gilmour-DNA in this boy. And if I recall correctly, this bloke is Charlie Samson, son of Polly Samson and her previous husband.

Shine on,
Peter Harold
you'll never make a tabloid journalist you won't! :D
You're right about the DNA, but he IS Charlie Gilmour - David adopted him
Cowards
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Cowards »

I bet when he rang up David from the police cell, he picked up the phone and said "Is that Charlie? Hello Charlie" . . . and then some police copper said "Great." and everyone chuckled.

Apart from Steve O'Rourke. Because he's humourless.

And dead.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Someone on boards.ie posted this

I reckon Charlie thought he was Learning to Fly when he was swinging out of that flag, but One Slip and it would have been Absolutely Curtains for him.

He probably considered it A Great Day for Freedom but I reckon his old man was Lost for Words when he heard about it. Anyone know how long he was On the Run before the Police caught up with him ? Either way, he has plenty of Money so something tells me he’ll have High Hopes of getting bail.

So much Young Lust, just shows that college can be The Happiest Days of Our Lives, especially when you see things like that In The Flesh. Apparently the Police shouted Hey You! when the saw him but he decided to Run Like Hell. Way to go Charlie, Shine on you Crazy Diamond... Have a Cigar !!

Can’t wait for The Trial
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It would also seem young Charlie attempted arson, did looting/theft and general anarchy! <.8.> He has since been arrested at home in Sussex as reported in the Crime section of the Telegraph! I think he would be very lucky to escape jail!
Mr Gilmour, a 21-year-old Cambridge student, was arrested on suspicion of violent disorder and criminal damage after climbing the Cenotaph and swinging from a Union flag at the protests on Thursday.

New pictures of Mr Gilmour show him lighting a pile of newspapers at the entrance to the Supreme Court. His attempt was foiled after fellow students alerted police about what he was doing.

He is also being questioned over an alleged theft on the day of the demonstrations, thought to relate to a boot he was seen carrying under his coat after the riots at Topshop on Oxford Street.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... Court.html

drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

he's a bit of a tosser
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Charlie Gilmour > Anarchy in London

Post by Flying pig437 »

He must have been able to reach up and grab it to pull himself up then swing on it. I'm surprised it didn't break away...or did it? He's quite a bit highter than the height of someone s head isn't he? I wish there was some footage of it. You'd think in this day and age there'd been a video camera nearby.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I'm not sure I condone his actions. To be honest, I probably won't follow his individual story, but are all of you implying that these tuition hikes are a good thing everybody should accept?

BTW, good to see oldhippy is back!

EDIT: You know what is odd, is how many of you seem to want Charlie to be punished by law, yet how many of you have broken the law with all those bootlegs you have? Just sayin'. 8-[
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

What has chuck got to protest about!! its not like he is being saddled with debt. I am in favour of these students paying more - there are too many students doing too many soft degree's - I would quite happily support students doing good degrees like maths, science and medicine but too many are doing things like media and other gay subjects.

Chuck is in a priveliged position as step dad happens to have about 60 mill in the bank but regardles of who he is swinging on the Cenotaph and trying to set fire to the Supreme Court - all pretty disrespectful things - means he should be taken outside and shot.

Oh and collecting roios dosn't cost the tax payers millions old pounds and is not against the law
desoc111
Embryo
Embryo

Post by desoc111 »

I find it curious how overwhelmingly conservative the posters in here seem to be. Considering how political Pink Floyd's music was - and radical left at that - I wonder why so many Tories love the Floyd.

The Cenotaph is a monument to England's fading imperialist past, erected after the capitalist world tried to destroy itself in the gory bloodfest known as WW1, and honoring the imperial soldiers who spanned the globe, dying in the service of the Crown and Imperialsm. It seems fitting that Kipling's words, "The glorious dead," caption the monument, considering he's the same bloke who authored "The White Man's Burden," Kipling's call to colonialism.

It's no wonder that the Cenotaph figures in a Waters lyric, detailing the government's hypocritical claims to honor those who've fallen in war, even while it's sending fresh meat to die in new imperialist battles like the Falklands (and Iraq): "Maggie what have you done?"

Bravo, Charlie Gilmour. I'm certain you're now on Waters' Christmas list.
cheapfilm
Axe
Axe

Post by cheapfilm »

Since Dave hasn't played any of Rogers shows in the states.. maybe he sent Charlie tonight to climb the Wall in Anaheim..

crossing my fingers.. if I have to hear another non gilmour comfortably numb guitar solo I'm gonna jump off a wall..

c
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

drafsack wrote:What has chuck got to protest about!!
It's a bit strange isn't it. It reminds me of something I read once in a book about the I.R.A. The members who had English bllood, usually from one parent, were the ones who hated the Brits the most.
popelaura2003+-
Embryo
Embryo

Post by popelaura2003+- »

Hey, when we were young, we were a bit wreckless, carefree and careless. Charlie got caught doing some naughty stuff that will add an asterisk to his name for the rest of his life.
His claim of joining in on the wildness all around and even seeing him hang from that flag didn't seem too awful, but his attempt to start a fire, well, that's appears to be quite intentionally criminal.
And these days, every kid has a telephone camera so every single improper act is captured for the public eye; there is no privacy. (Thank god we didn't have that technology back in the 70s).
Motification is a word I think best describes what Charlie and his parents must be feeling now. I hope David and Polly get Charlie into some counseling -- arson isn't a minor urge, and yes, he's a well to do college kid, which means he had every right to protest, but not go so nuts.
Again, asterisks by his name infinitum..... :-({|=
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

desoc111 wrote:1. I find it curious how overwhelmingly conservative the posters in here seem to be.

2. Considering how political Pink Floyd's music was - and radical left at that - I wonder why so many Tories love the Floyd.
1. Yes, I was surprised at one point in life about that. It isn't just on this Pink Floyd fan site.

2. I think a number would simply dismiss certain lyrics on Animals, the Wall and especially the Final Cut.

Another observation: there are a huge number of fans on another site who have complained about Roger's political views in recent years, tend to have political/world views opposed to his, yet would not allow me the slight room to criticize Roger's performing the Wall on tour right now. All I can think is that Roger was right to think he could perform the Wall with real bombs and bullets and the dying fans in the audience would love it. :lol:

Anyway, enough of that, I am just cranky because there are too many damn sheep in this world.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

nosaj wrote: All I can think is that Roger was right to think he could perform the Wall with real bombs and bullets and the dying fans in the audience would love it. :lol:
Rog did say he that during the original Wall shows he wanted the pig to shit on the crowed as it passed over