Tidal Force (my new band)

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Tidal Force (my new band)

Post by olzen »

Thankyou very much, both of you. I really appreciate it :D

There's no genuine 8-bit programming in it, no. I have been using a preset called "Digitalizer" in Korg's MDE-X effects processor plug-in, though. That may be what you're referring to, as it kind of squashes whatever you put through it, making it sound like it's 8-bit. As far as I remember, I've used it during the final beat of Part 1 and on some of the drums in the third section of Part 2. So, yeah, the effect is intentional, but in achieving it, I'm afraid I cheated!

Again, very glad you like the music. By all means, pass it around and spread the word - I'd be very grateful for that :)
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

olzen wrote:I've made an album you might enjoy.
Well done, Olzen! I was listening to it while out driving tonight. I hear a very 'early 80's' TD vibe there. Good stuff!
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Thanks, Massed! Thoroughly appreciated, as always :D

Just wanted to pop in again and say that there's been a slight change to my page on tidalforce.dk. I've gotten my own subdomain, so the address is now http://frederik.tidalforce.dk. Again, you're free to share it and tell others to do the same - it's good publicity!
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

olzen wrote:There's no genuine 8-bit programming in it, no. I have been using a preset called "Digitalizer" in Korg's MDE-X effects processor plug-in, though. That may be what you're referring to, as it kind of squashes whatever you put through it, making it sound like it's 8-bit. As far as I remember, I've used it during the final beat of Part 1 and on some of the drums in the third section of Part 2. So, yeah, the effect is intentional, but in achieving it, I'm afraid I cheated!
Yes, I realized that the parts I though were 8-bit were actually not as soon as I took a listen through headphones. A lot of it did sound like 8-bit on my computer speakers though.

Anyhow, I must have heard the whole album through some 7 or 8 times only yesterday on my little trip to the faculty. Don't know about Berlin (never been there either), but most of the music works just fine with the old center of Belgrade too. Wonderful stuff - it made me see the city I was born in and I visit at least two times a week now through a completely different pair of eyes. :)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Thoroughly appreciated, Hudini. Really, I'm floored :D

I'm probably mainly fascinated about Berlin because it has always seemed to be a place with a very prominent art scene. The Weimar-republic, Bowie's Berlin trilogy, etc. And of course, there's a fascinating duality theme when it comes to the old East/West Berlin division. So I think it's very apt that you find it fits Belgrade that well, and again, I'm stoked by your response so far :)
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Well, I'm stoked by your music. :D I've been listening to it again today, and it really seems to be working very well even with all this repetition I've put it through. I usually repeat new albums I get endlessly until they start to bore me, but your album seems to be holding on very well. ;)

I guess that you could draw a couple of distant but clear similarities between Berlin and Belgrade. Both cities were stretched between east and west for a long time, and though it seems that Berlin has finally become all-west, Belgrade still remains "east to the west and west to the east", as they say it here. Some monumental buildings in Belgrade were designed under a direct influence by the ones erect by the Nazis in Berlin, particularly by appointments from regent prince Paul Karađorđević, who was sucking up to Hitler big time and wanted to show his affection that way. Finally, the art scene in Belgrade took much from German underground in late 1970s and early 1980s, though these artists remained completely unknown outside SFR Yugoslavia. So, the connections are there somewhere...
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I agree with Hudini. I've given it several listens and I'm still enjoying it a lot. There's plenty going on in there which helps it stand up to repeated listens 8)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Yesterday, we played a great gig at a small hippie-ish festival called "Fællestival". For the first time, I feel our music finally got the live sound it needs to work. Naturally, we recorded the whole thing - audio via the soundboard, and video via an on-stage camcorder.

We're still planning an album, but we've been delayed too many times to mention. Our current live set features the three cuts that'll be on the album, though: "Gaining Momentum" (an aggressive 7/4 piece), "Tidal Force" and the full 20-minute version of "Nebula". Hopefully, we can get our shit together and get some tracks down soon. The audience seemed to really like the pieces, so clean studio recordings of this stuff are certainly at the top of my priority list!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Good stuff. Keep us informed as to how you're doing :D
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Looking forward to it. :)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

I don't think I ever got to mention yet again, that I appreciate your comments :)

There are really no Tidal Force-related news. We're scattered all over the country and all have other priorities right now. It's still gonna happen at some point, though.

As for my own music, Jacob Pertou, who runs a blog about Tangerine Dream, has declared my album "Berlin" to be the best album of 2011. Since there are a lot of Tangerine Dream-fans who like reading his blog (myself among them), you can probably understand why I'm quite happy! And no, I didn't ask him to write that :lol:

I'll need to do some more stuff soon. Always a treat to know that some people really enjoy it :)
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

If you guys are still interested in my music, you can finally download "Nebula", the debut album of Tidal Force, in mp3-form.
Just click on the cover above to be taken to our download page. Enjoy! :)
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

Great music, olzen - as it was gaining momentum...
Love when you play that mean guitar!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Thanks for posting, I'm downloading now and I'll listen later.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Very nice Olzen. Very Tangerine Dreamy [-D-]