No news on Charlie Gimour trial

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: No news on Charlie Gimour trial

Post by snifferdog »

I think you're right <.8.> :shock:
popelaura2003+-
Embryo
Embryo

Post by popelaura2003+- »

Do tell -- what is a super injunction?
I know that lawyers use the delay tactic to provide timely distance from alledged crimes.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I guess it is simply not newsworthy anymore. You, as the general public will have to go to the courts and make an access to information request I guess...

...oh, picking up on how this thread got side tracked...didn't the war heros of the 20th century fight for our freedoms, such as the freedom of expression? Whether we agree with what is expressed or not? Just sayin'.
siderealxxx
Axe
Axe

Post by siderealxxx »

Latest news: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-13309662

"Gilmour was warned he could face a jail term after admitting the offence but he was granted bail until July to give him time to complete Cambridge University exams."
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Indeed, I just heard on the radio.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I'm sure if he went down he would end up in some nice little open prison somewhere - thats if he does go down - which I doubt
popelaura2003+-
Embryo
Embryo

Whatever happens with Charlie Gilmour will be interesting to watch unfold.
I am rather amazed at all the anger, vitriol and quite negative comments in this forum, generally, across many topics.
Alledgedly, we're all fans of David Gilmour and his music, but the push back about his wealth and class with respect to Charlie's odds of staying out of jail and many of the neo-conservative (anti-youth) statements about the student protests seem at such odds with Pink Floyd and DG music/sentiments.
It might just be that those who participate in on-line chats and forums are educated people with well developed opinions, but all in all, the commentary tends to be judgemental and negative.
Even in the david gilmour blog, I've read some astounding, exteme stuff, mostly political.
There's such a ripple of rage, even in places where you'd expect to find the mostly sublime.
:(
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Where would rock and roll be without feedback?

From greasy "bread line and less" and a "paltry sort of man" Gilmour has fucking risen through the ranks eh?
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

drafsack wrote:I'm sure if he went down he would end up in some nice little open prison somewhere - thats if he does go down - which I doubt
Maybe an opportunity for dad to do a sort of 'Johnny Cash At San Quentin' style gig?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

popelaura2003+- wrote:It might just be that those who participate in on-line chats and forums are educated people with well developed opinions, but all in all, the commentary tends to be judgemental and negative.
Well let's not forget he was clambering all over the Cenotaph disrespecting our war dead, stealing, rampaging, lighting fires and then throwing a bin at our Royal Family. I do not understand how enjoying David Gilmour's music would take any of the negativity away from what David Gilmour's adopted son did? :shock:

He's a bad egg. :)
popelaura2003+-
Embryo
Embryo

Oh, I agree that Charlie Gilmour has got a real problem; that he deserves punishment. That all of this wreckless behavior might even be a means for him to get the attention of his mentally frail biological father, though Polly and David are probably fighting off ulcers in the glare of unflinching media scrutiny.
It's just that to me DG and his music are so special and within the rantings of this forum, I've read agitated tirades against the Royal Family; the students, the increased student fees, the English government in general, pot shots against David for perhaps/maybe trying to get his son out of this fix because he has the means for top legal representation.
I just think that David, like the rest of us, is human and like any parent will do all he can to help this misguided kid of his. There's very little empathy in the forums for the most part -- just hardline stances pro and against every subject. I guess I'm a bit surprised that the very demographic that grew up with PF now seems a bit conservative and trigger happy in their aim at the famous and wealthy parent. It's like the person and his music have been separated. I find that hard to do.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

popelaura2003+- wrote:within the rantings of this forum, I've read agitated tirades against the Royal Family; the students, the increased student fees, the English government in general,
popelaura2003+- wrote:I am rather amazed at all the anger, vitriol and quite negative comments in this forum
I suggest you take a look at the lyric sheets for the albums Wish You Were Here, Animals, The Wall and The Final Cut. You're amazed at anger, vitriol and negative rants on a floyd forum?? What were you expecting, discussions about gnomes and flowers?
popelaura2003+-
Embryo
Embryo

I'm saddened by the lightning quick nastiness in blogs. A tendency toward vicious remarks, snide sarcasm, rudeness, a nasty push back on others who aren't of the same mind. A lack of empathy. I've heard that the faceless digital age has engendered an increase in these darker aspects of our natures.
I brought up the topic in the first place of Charlie Gilmour's trial and two posts in, folks were ranting on all sorts of topics...guessing that David is rich and that his kid will get off. And the remarks about David just after Charlie's arrest on this blog were just plain mean. Charlie does deserve some heat on this, but man, you'd never guess David was the honored topic in this forum from many of the remarks about him. So very eager to slam him.
It is just because PF music was so of its time, so youth oriented, and yes angry...that's why I'm surprised at the speed at which most want to villify Charlie and how David is put in that same category. And once other class and culture topics come in, the wave of rage just pours out.
So, I'll not expect gnomes or garden teas...but it does seem that I'm not fit for the broad scale bashing in the world of blogs. Sayonara. [-D-]
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

Sayonora? Don't leave! Perhaps you're being too sensitive? Maybe taking it too seriously?
popelaura2003+- wrote: A tendency toward vicious remarks, snide sarcasm, rudeness, a nasty push back on others who aren't of the same mind.
That could be a description of pink floyd's best lyrics! It makes sense that a band like floyd should have these types of fans. Just take it all with a grain of salt. It's only words.

Personally, I don't lose any sleep because of Charlie Gilmour. He is a rich kid and will probably get special treatment. That's how the game works. And if I die in a war, or am blown up by terrorists, Charlie can jump all over my grave if he wants. He has my permission. Actually, I take that back. Monuments are not for the dead. They are for those who are left behind.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

popelaura2003+- wrote:I'm saddened by the lightning quick nastiness in blogs. A tendency toward vicious remarks, snide sarcasm, rudeness, a nasty push back on others who aren't of the same mind. A lack of empathy.
You sound like alternative liner notes for any Floyd album 1975-1981. :D

We are attracted here mainly to who Pink Floyd WERE, not who they became. We tollerate their Armani Suit modern day image. Hell some of us even like the Gilmour Floyd with the saxophone mullet dude. :lol: But except the Syd fans, who you can spot a mile away, we like the snide, cynical and very British Floyd who spat away at fans, rock journalists, mothers, teachers, religious people, record execs.....