Why Pink Floyd - EMI Release Schedule Back catalogue Release

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Why Pink Floyd - EMI Release Schedule Back catalogue Rel

Post by Flying pig437 »

kahlil wrote:Includes unreleased tracks such as Raving and Drooling/Gotta Be Crazy live, a track from Household Objects, quad mixes, the Wembley 74 concert, etc. etc.
http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8& ... 1305002756

and
http://www.amazon.com/s?_encoding=UTF8& ... sedaterank

AOSFMASDFOIAJSDFKLAFMASFKLAMSFLAKFMAJKASDFJK!!!!!!!
<ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii> <ii>

Holy f***** sh****!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! OMG. The Wall has 7 discs!!!!!! AAAA!!!!

Why not release all of Household objects while their at it?
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Re: ENTIRE CATALOG AND DELUXE EDITIONS COMING OUT! Unrelease

Post by Flying pig437 »

Sordel wrote:I'd be very surprised if there weren't more than just the three Immersion sets. My guess is that they will do another three in a year, the same way that the Nick Cave remasters are coming out three per year: it spreads the investment risk very nicely. I would have thought that Animals and Meddle would be pretty obvious albums to get the deluxe treatment. .
We're well beyond the realms of deluxe treament now! :D
Jack Wolf
Axe
Axe

Re: ENTIRE CATALOG AND DELUXE EDITIONS COMING OUT! Unrelease

Post by Jack Wolf »

Flying pig437 wrote:
Sordel wrote:I'd be very surprised if there weren't more than just the three Immersion sets. My guess is that they will do another three in a year, the same way that the Nick Cave remasters are coming out three per year: it spreads the investment risk very nicely. I would have thought that Animals and Meddle would be pretty obvious albums to get the deluxe treatment. .
We're well beyond the realms of deluxe treament now! :D
The deluxe treatment for me would be every album in SACD, Quad, 5.1, or some other high quality audio format.
I'm hoping in the near future we will have flash media players that will be able to handle high quality audio in a format similar to the kind on SACD. I'm not even sure if that's possible, can any techies chime in on this?

Recently i've been listening to some live recordings from the 1967-1975 years. It would be nice to have a box set of the highest quality live recordings from those years, remastered to improve audio quality of course. Some of their live recordings sound far more energetic and unique than what they ended up putting on their studio albums. It's a bit annoying having to plow through dozens of bootlegs before you find a few gems that are worthy (audio quality wise).
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

If they release a deluxe version of Meddle, one disk should be dedicated to a rip of my 1971 cassette copy of the album. It is a lesson in lofi garbage! The disk should be called "this is what your parents put up with" or something.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Jack Wolf wrote:I'm really interested in hearing what the new remaster of ASOS sounds like.
I bought the "Oh By The Way" box set a few years ago and I was mostly satisfied with the sound quality except on the ASOS album. Not sure why, but some of the songs sounded like they were being played on an old FM radio. I hope this new remaster cleans the album up really good because out of all of PF's albums, this one needed the most polish.
I think the 'Shine On' version of ASOS is the only one that sounds good. I think the original CD release and the regular remaster both sound muffled.
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

Wolfpack wrote:I think the 'Shine On' version of ASOS is the only one that sounds good. I think the original CD release and the regular remaster both sound muffled.
I thought the 'Shine On' version of ASoS was the same as the '92 remaster. Meh.

Anyway, I hope we get a physical look at the packaging for these sets soon (esp. Discovery set/individual releases), because I don't want to plop $200+ for cheaply made digipaks (aka ones without plastic tray). Remember "Introduction to Syd Barrett" or the cardboard sleeves of the 5-disc "Live in Gdansk"? #-o
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

EMI seem to like those horrible cardboard sleeves. I bought a CD by a different artist on EMI and it was the same. They don't sit too well in CD racks either.
Jack Wolf
Axe
Axe

Post by Jack Wolf »

TheFloydian1 wrote: Anyway, I hope we get a physical look at the packaging for these sets soon (esp. Discovery set/individual releases), because I don't want to plop $200+ for cheaply made digipaks (aka ones without plastic tray). Remember "Introduction to Syd Barrett" or the cardboard sleeves of the 5-disc "Live in Gdansk"? #-o
Most record companies are doing away with plastic CD cases because of "environmental concerns".
Going by this picture, it seems you'll be getting just cardboard sleeves:
http://www.albumartexchange.us/images/d ... -floyd.jpg

I'm hoping they at least include those mini LP sleeves (plastic sheaths or whatever they're called) to protect the discs from scratches. Sometimes removing the discs from those cardboard sleeves can be a pain in the ass.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Hmm. That doesn't look too promising. If you handle those cardboardy cases a lot, they do get damaged :( Why can't they just plant a load of trees and give us our plastic cases.
TheFloydian1
Blade
Blade

Post by TheFloydian1 »

Jack Wolf wrote:
TheFloydian1 wrote: Anyway, I hope we get a physical look at the packaging for these sets soon (esp. Discovery set/individual releases), because I don't want to plop $200+ for cheaply made digipaks (aka ones without plastic tray). Remember "Introduction to Syd Barrett" or the cardboard sleeves of the 5-disc "Live in Gdansk"? #-o
Most record companies are doing away with plastic CD cases because of "environmental concerns".
Going by this picture, it seems you'll be getting just cardboard sleeves:
http://www.albumartexchange.us/images/d ... -floyd.jpg
Yeah, I don't mind NOT having full "jewel cases", but at the very least, we should get these:

http://bestdvdsale.com/images/ifcshop/131_0.jpg

The Wall & Ummagumma would have two of the trays, while the others would just have one. People seem to be using the term "digipak" generically these days, whether there's a disc tray or not--even on EMI's description of the release.

Also, that stock photo you posted a link to, of the Discovery box--it really doesn't show or prove anything about the packaging of the individual albums. It doesn't give a complete inside and out 3D view of them--it just basically shows flat stock photos of the front covers.
Jack Wolf
Axe
Axe

Post by Jack Wolf »

TheFloydian1 wrote: Yeah, I don't mind NOT having full "jewel cases", but at the very least, we should get these:

http://bestdvdsale.com/images/ifcshop/131_0.jpg

The Wall & Ummagumma would have two of the trays, while the others would just have one. People seem to be using the term "digipak" generically these days, whether there's a disc tray or not--even on EMI's description of the release.

Also, that stock photo you posted a link to, of the Discovery box--it really doesn't show or prove anything about the packaging of the individual albums. It doesn't give a complete inside and out 3D view of them--it just basically shows flat stock photos of the front covers.
I agree, I would like to see that type of packaging, in fact I think it is aesthetically better than the full jewel cases.
As an owner of the "Oh By The Way" box set I definitely don't want to see a return of the cardboard sleeves. Once I carefully removed the CD's from the sleeves, I never attempted to stick them back in for fear of bending or possibly damaging the sleeves, since they seemed very stiff and some of the discs were difficult to remove, so I just store them in a standard CD case.
rovers95
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rovers95 »

There's a nice brand new video on the "Why Pink Floyd?" site showing the break down of the DSOTM Immersion set, and it looks mighty fine :D Can't wait to get a high quality CD of the Wembley '74 performance!!
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

I'm going to treat myself to the Dark side Immersion...but only if I'm not using the money to get married though. :D
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

Me to (not marrying!) and the 180gr. vinyl too...
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

how about this????!!!! <ii> <ii> <ii>

Info from SH Forums...

According to the Uncut article, the following tracks may be released on the Piper/Saucerful set:

Scream Thy Last Scream
Vegetable Man
In The Beechwoods
Untitled (aka Sunshine)
John Latham
She Was A Millionaire (aka Millionaire)
Early Morning Henry

1965 Demos:

Lucy Leave
I'm A King Bee
Double O-Bo
Walk With Me Sydney
Butterfly
Remember Me

According to Vernon Fitch in the article:

"The live concert recordings I've heard are rather muffled and badly mixed, with the vocals drowned out by the instruments. The best live recordings from the period are the BBC session recordings...although the BBC destroyed the original tapes, excellent quality air check (demonstration) recordings exist of both Sep & Dec 1967 sessions". The former includes the unreleased song Reaction In G.

Also mentioned, the 50 min live recording from the Gyllene Cirkeln, Stockholm, from Sep 10 1967. Recorded by a Swedish sound engineer on a Revox recorder, it is of "decent quality".