Revive this forum time!

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Revive this forum time!

Post by snifferdog »

Let him do his thing. There's room for us and him. We just have better hairstyles here :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

The silly thing is that all music fan forums degenerate into silly arguments and there is always a know-it-all or two...interestingly, NPF really hasn't had one of these in quite some time.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

nosaj wrote:The silly thing is that all music fan forums degenerate into silly arguments and there is always a know-it-all or two...interestingly, NPF really hasn't had one of these in quite some time.

that's because we only have one Know It All and his name is mosespa,and he does :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

flashback wrote:

that's because we only have one Know It All and his name is mosespa,and he does :lol:
Not quite. A couple of years ago a new poster (who turned out to be a problem, but where it started, who knows) mentioned a suggestion about Syd being gay and Mossy was all over him, because Mossy had not come across it before, when in fact it was in a book and Roger Waters talks about it on a dvd...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think we have a generally very liberal and very welcoming forum as far as most people are concerned. It is not for everyone though. <.8.>
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

nosaj wrote:
flashback wrote:

Not quite. A couple of years ago a new poster (who turned out to be a problem, but where it started, who knows) mentioned a suggestion about Syd being gay and Mossy was all over him, because Mossy had not come across it before, when in fact it was in a book and Roger Waters talks about it on a dvd...
I don't really remember that.

But...I've been aware since the publication of the Schaffner book that there was allegedly a period of time in Syd's life in which he dressed in drag and believed that he had homosexual tendencies.

Without going back through the forum and spending hours, days, weeks, whatever, searching for this argument, I will say that I presently believe that that's where my position emanated from...and that my dismissal of it was down to people quoted in the Schaffner book declaring it "bollocks."

Let's also not forget that Syd had a string of lovely women, so if he was doing men, too...well, that would make him BI-sexual...not gay.

So, I'm STILL right. :)

Carry on, lol.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Ha ha ha...I disagree that you are right, but don't really care (being fairly good at bringing up old threads, it wouldn't take me long).

All I know is fan forums of pop music often have really silly arguments and surprisingly NPF really isn't that bad at all. Hell, I have never really particularly felt welcome here...so what.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

nosaj wrote:Ha ha ha...I disagree that you are right, but don't really care (being fairly good at bringing up old threads, it wouldn't take me long).

All I know is fan forums of pop music often have really silly arguments and surprisingly NPF really isn't that bad at all. Hell, I have never really particularly felt welcome here...so what.

Hell I don't know why you would feel that way,your as welcome here as any1
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

nosaj wrote:1. Ha ha ha...I disagree that you are right, but don't really care (being fairly good at bringing up old threads, it wouldn't take me long).

2. All I know is fan forums of pop music often have really silly arguments and surprisingly NPF really isn't that bad at all. Hell, I have never really particularly felt welcome here...so what.
1. Go for it, man. :D I'd love the opportunity to see if I still stand behind anything I said then, since nothing really concrete has come up to suggest that Syd was gay...and since he's been dead several years now, there's no chance of him coming out of the closet to confirm.

It'd also be interesting to see if the guy who brought it up in the first place cited any reputable sources.

2. Anytime two or more people discuss any subject, the odds of a silly argument breaking out increase exponentially. I think that even at it's "worst," this forum never got too crazy with it.

Every so often, someone would get butt-hurt at the fact that their inability to control their emotional responses to anything I might say means little of nothing to me; but it wasn't like that was a forum-wide problem. They'd bitch and scream for my head...then fail to get it and either shut up, man up and continue to contribute or they'd go away. *shrug*

I think that people should know, though, that the more I am attributed as being the cause for people leaving the forum and the more that I am derided on other forums (I know for a fact that this happens...seen it for myself,) for my refusal to kiss anyone's ass...the more powerful I feel and the more my ego runs rampant and unchecked.

Anyone who hasn't figured this out yet should go look into a mirror so that they can know exactly what an idiot looks like.

This forum is the best Pink Floyd forum in the world for my money.

Has been since it was first brought to my attention and continues to be.

I've managed to fly under other webmasters' radars before...some forums, I didn't have to do that at, "mosespa" was welcomed there. Know what all of those other forums all have in common?

They're full of boring, ass-kissing people who have nothing of any consequence to offer.

In my opinion, of course.

Those forums are dull. Some of them insist that ONLY Pink Floyd be discussed and no other topics. Still others appear to be populated by Collectivist Morons who think anyone who isn't a Progressive Liberal willing to sign their freedom away to the government in return for Entitlements is evil and not to be taken seriously.

There's a reason why NPF remains the only Pink Floyd forum at which I appear with any sort of regularity.

It's the only one that doesn't bore me to tears.

And I mean that as a compliment.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Well, nice to see a longish post from mosespa. :D The "Collectivist Morons" tag always gives me a smile for some reason.

Yeah, as far as Pink Floyd goes, I do have a preference for NPF...since 2003. <.8.>

I only really like one other music forum - a Jimi Hendrix forum.
Idisaffect
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Idisaffect »

How many pink floyd forums does one need?

Fleeting Glimpse is like Jonestown.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

nosaj wrote:Well, nice to see a longish post from mosespa. :D
As opposed to a short one from him?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

nosaj wrote:Well, nice to see a longish post from mosespa. :D The "Collectivist Morons" tag always gives me a smile for some reason.
That was longish?

I was going for "succinct." \:D/ \:D/
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Oh, your posts have been one or two lines lately, so yeah, longish.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Ah...I wish this forum had a "like" button, lol.