If you were to buy only 1 of the Immersion sets...

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: If you were to buy only 1 of the Immersion sets...

Post by Hudini »

danielcaux wrote:But I agree with Jambo, there's a big difference between pirating (selling commercially available products without the artist involvement) and trading unreleased not commercially available recordings.
Legally, both pirating and bootleg trading are against applicable laws. So in that sense there's really not much difference.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

WYWH. I can't afford the biggest packs for all three anyway, so at least have this, probably, most fancy one.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Hudini wrote:Legally, both pirating and bootleg trading are against applicable laws. So in that sense there's really not much difference.
Yeah, but we all know who are the powerful ones that lobby for the creation of such laws. So I think is better for the majority of people that reason and logic prevail over such arbitrary "laws".
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

My logic says I should pirate official albums too. Artist make most of their money on tours and it's mostly the management and the publisher I'm stealing from.
Sordel
Axe
Axe

Post by Sordel »

Hudini wrote:My logic says I should pirate official albums too. Artist make most of their money on tours and it's mostly the management and the publisher I'm stealing from.
I actually see this sort of thinking a lot: "I go to the concerts, so I support the artists that way." The artists, though, are providing a service in return for your buying a ticket, and they are providing a service in recording and releasing a studio album. It's a bit like telling your builder that you paid him well enough for building the house so you're not going to pay him for building the patio. Any service that you take from an artist you should be willing to pay for, and if you're not willing to pay, don't take the service.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

jambo wrote:
Leaning against the book to the left of the coasters is a little card...could it be a download code for mp3's of the music like the last Gilmour box...or bonus exclusive material...or, what?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I was in HMV today (music shop) and saw the Dark Side of the Moon Immersion set sitting there on the shelf, albeit an empty box as it was for pre-release sales. It got me quite excited! I would definitely have that one! 8)
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Same with me i picked the empty box up, the DSOTM is the first boxset i will be getting. I cant wait, since Live8 it has been a awesome time too be a floyd fan alot has happened.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Sordel wrote:Any service that you take from an artist you should be willing to pay for, and if you're not willing to pay, don't take the service.
I find it highly unrewarding to buy an album out of curiosity, find it unlistenable and leave it on the shelf to pick dust. I do buy albums I know I will listen to more then ten times, but I don't find it necessary to buy some shit I'll never listen to again, or buy yet another rendition of an album I already own in 3 or 4 different formats (not including mp3) only because it features some other material I also already own and a scarfe I wouldn't ever wear.

As for the builder and the patio part... Well, I'm an architect and I can tell you for sure that when you get an implementation project for a house the design for patio (if you want it) is complimentary. Otherwise you've been ripped off, since only household area goes into calculations for price. But I see your point.
rorygentry
Axe
Axe

Post by rorygentry »

I pre-ordered the Immersion versions of DSOTM and WYWH yesterday. Can't really justify The Wall, since there isn't much new in it.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

actually the 2 cds full of demos look pretty interesting
Scott M2
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Scott M2 »

Both DSOTM and WYWH for me. I look forward to hearing Parsons' quad mix of DSOTM
and I've been waiting many years to experience WYWH in surround. The layers of Rick Wright's
keyboards have great immersive potential throughout Shine On. Soon...
spectrum one
Embryo
Embryo

Post by spectrum one »

Have pre-ordered DSOTM and after just hearing "Us and Them" From the 1974 live set, it can't come quick enough. Superb quality [-D-]
cafc1962
Embryo
Embryo

Post by cafc1962 »

WYWH. If only to get the nearest thing to Animals live with Raving and Drooling/Gotta Be Crazy included.
moonrock62
Axe
Axe

Post by moonrock62 »

That's such a hard question! OK if I could only have 1 if would be Dark Side. Fortunately there isn't a restriction and I've pre-ordered all three from Amazon- guess that means I should be receiving Dark Side next month... <ii>