Why Pink Floyd Vinyl Records

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Why Pink Floyd Vinyl Records

Post by Keith Jordan »

Here are some pictures of the Vinly records of Dark Side, Wish You Were Here and The Wall.

The Dark Side Of The Moon
2011 remastered version, 180 gram heavyweight Vinyl. Original packaging including stickers and posters plus free 320kbps download and exclusive new poster

Wish You Were Here
The 2011 remastered album pressed on 180 gram heavyweight vinyl & presented in original packaging including stickers and posters plus free 320kbps album download and exclusive new poster

The Wall
The Wall, 2011 remastered version. 180 gram heavyweight Vinyl. Original packaging includes a free 320kbps download of the studio album.

Kojima-naked
Blade
Blade

Re: Why Pink Floyd Vinyl Records

Post by Kojima-naked »

Do we know if Wywh is going to be like the original release with the black wrap and the giant sticker or are they just doing it as a new cover?

also one complaint I have is that these are very expensive. $30usd for the dsotm and wywh and $50usd for the wall. which is outlandish considering your could get some nice original uk copies for that. though if they make a division bell and a piper it would be waaaay worth it.

speaking of which any more word on the posibility of other titles getting the vinyl love?
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

I saw the Dark Side one in a store today
it has a new poster version of the prism image, done this time in a pointillist style

$30- is usually what new vinyl goes for these days
its typically twice as thick as the vinyl that was being produced when I was a teenager
the crazy thing is $30- vinyl sells, and $15- cds do not

I should probably check the condition of my teenage copies to see if they could use upgrading
but really, I would of course prefer vinyl releases of the bonus material
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

I was wondering if there were going to be vinyls of The Big 3 or not. I'd pass on Dark Side and The Wall since I'd prefer the convenience of listening to them on CD (the only working record player in my house is this bulky thing in my kitchen), but Wish You Were Here looks tempting.
Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Post by Meandthem »

Would have loved to get the vinyls, but the recession caught me up! But when things get steady, I'll probably buy them...
Only ordered Immersion DSoTM and will strive to buy WYWH. Might get killed for saying it, but have ambivalent feelings with the Wall - but if the extras are considerable, I would consider buying it anyway.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Actually, these things are not expensive at all. $30 for an LP album and $50 for a double album is about a regular price for a newly pressed vinyl record. I don't know if they'd be worth getting only for a pair of posters though. My old vinyl copies are still in good condition, plus if this is the artwork that's going to be used for "Wish You Were Here" and "The Wall", I don't like the looks of those.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

yes you can see they have not reproduced the original label designs for The Wall
(as seen here)
instead just repeating the logo from the cover
(which itself was originally printed on a clear sticker on the shrink wrap, the cover itself being nothing but the brick pattern)

seeing that I'd also like to know whats going on with that Wish You Were Here design, and I cant really make out whats up with its label from the sliver visible in the photo
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

I know this totally went over my head when I made that last comment, but as much as I like that logo, I'd prefer to see the burning man photo as the cover for the WYWH vinyl and maybe the four elements label tucked somewhere in a corner on the front. The photo is more iconic and striking IMO.
dynamictension
Embryo
Embryo

Post by dynamictension »

My current copies are all in a terrible condition, so I will be getting all 3 vinyl releases for sure!

Now, if we are to believe Amazon..............

Wish You Were Here will be a gatefold version
And they will be analog recordings!

Im crossing my fingers and hoping that this is true for all pressings.
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Good thing I just put up some ads on Craig's List. I don't know how I'd be able to afford all the stuff EMI is dishing out. :lol: