Wish You Were Here Immersion Edition Discussion

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Wish You Were Here Immersion Edition Discussion

Post by danielcaux »

The good thing is that there are better formats than overpriced immersion boxsets for releasing archival stuff. I actually prefer the PATGOD 3-disc deluxe edition than any of these new boxsets for example, considering cost-benefits. I think that format would be ideal for a Saucerful special collectors release, with say one disc with the mono mix and the other two disc for outtakes and live recordings.

The bad news is that perhaps they will never consider any of these other options.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Wish You Were Here Immersion Edition Discussion

Post by rememberaday »

danielcaux wrote:The good thing is that there are better formats than overpriced immersion boxsets for releasing archival stuff. I actually prefer the PATGOD 3-disc deluxe edition than any of these new boxsets for example, considering cost-benefits. I think that format would be ideal for a Saucerful special collectors release, with say one disc with the mono mix and the other two disc for outtakes and live recordings.

The bad news is that perhaps they will never consider any of these other options.
Well at least then they can shut up and not leak out any news about unreleased Barrett songs, just to disappoint the fans later (oops, I got worked up).

I do agree that the PATGOD 3 disc deluxe edition is great. When I first heard of it, I though that we're gonna have more of that kind. Turns out that the said deluxe edition was specially since it was the band's debut or something like that. (Hope you guys could understand what i just said. I'm exhausted.)