Wish You Were Here Immersion Edition Discussion

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
crowman
Blade
Blade

Re: Wish You Were Here Immersion Edition Discussion

Post by crowman »

Picked up my Experience version today. I can echo the comment above, Gotta Be Crazy is amazing, as are Shine On and Raving and Drooling. Many of us will have heard the 74 shows in bootleg form, but these tracks are something very special indeed. Rick's "See Emily Play" lament at the end of Shine On has never sounded so beautiful.
bonjanee
Axe
Axe

Post by bonjanee »

Just listened to it now and it is really something - the band were operating on a different level during these years

Gotta Be Crazy is epic, other live songs sound amazing. And the sound clarity through-out is unreal

<ii>
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Gotta Be Crazy is one of my favourite Floyd songs and has been for a number of years since when I used to listen to bootleg recordings... 8)

I like the funky bits that didnt make it onto the studio recording. 8) 8)
GnollinZ
Embryo
Embryo

Post by GnollinZ »

My copy's waiting for me at home! Roll on 5pm...

:)
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

in regards to my other thread concerning the collector's cards. can some who already has this set tell me what cards come with it? i'm in the US so mine hasn't arrived yet.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

GnollinZ wrote:I'm annoyed the cover art on the box isn't the handshake picture. Why use the rear cover art?
Because it's more visually interesting perhaps? Who wants to see the handshake logo inserted in a huge black background when you can look at a huge invisible man or even the burning man instead? Good choice IMO.

Although I would have photoshoped there a copy of the Immersion boxset intead of the suitcase! :twisted:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

danielcaux wrote:Although I would have photoshoped there a copy of the Immersion boxset intead of the suitcase! :twisted:
:lol: [-D-] :twisted:
NUMBER61
Axe
Axe

Post by NUMBER61 »

why does it say, "ceci n'est pas une boite", on the box, when it clearly is.

can't wait for the marbles.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

NUMBER61 wrote:why does it say, "ceci n'est pas une boite", on the box, when it clearly is.
It's an obivous reference to this man:

And particulary to this painting:

But indeed Storm is missing completely the point of the original, since that one wasn't actually a pipe, but rather a painting of a pipe. This one is indeed a box.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Ah, I didn't know that :D
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

GnollinZ wrote:I'm annoyed the cover art on the box isn't the handshake picture. Why use the rear cover art?
And?
danielcaux wrote:
But indeed Storm is missing completely the point of the original, since that one wasn't actually a pipe, but rather a painting of a pipe. This one is indeed a box.
May we see some art of yours Mr "danielcaux"?
JackRegan
Knife
Knife

Post by JackRegan »

What makes me wonder, is that almost no one say anything good about this boxset. Dark Side Of The Moon immersion was highly praised. And now...hardly any good things. It seem that Roger Waters fans hate it because this was David Gilmours favourite record. It is basicly the same as DSOTM was. + we get few unreleased versions from sessions, and those never before good quality heard live versions of long awaited songs. I think this is way better box than DSOTM was, because that BBC "basic" live was out already. Oh by the way, Gilmour, Mason and Waters get all that money, so it's not only Gilmour who is trying to "ripp us off".
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

JackRegan wrote:What makes me wonder, is that almost no one say anything good about this boxset. Dark Side Of The Moon immersion was highly praised. And now...hardly any good things. It seem that Roger Waters fans hate it because this was David Gilmours favourite record. It is basicly the same as DSOTM was. + we get few unreleased versions from sessions, and those never before good quality heard live versions of long awaited songs. I think this is way better box than DSOTM was, because that BBC "basic" live was out already. Oh by the way, Gilmour, Mason and Waters get all that money, so it's not only Gilmour who is trying to "ripp us off".
Cant speak for anyone else but I think they are all a rip off! Im basing this on comparison with the Genesis box sets.
Each of these contained 5 albums in a proper case. Inside the case were 2 discs. One, a hybrid containing a new stereo version you can play on anything and an SACD multi channel version. Disc two was a dvd with a dts 5.1 version, interviews with band members on thier recolections of the making of that particular album and then some rare video content. Plus another 6th disc containg b-sides and 12 singles material all very rare.
The only reason I didnt comment on DSOTM was because I already have the SACD and a dvd of the making of and therefore have not bought it. I do intend to buy WYWH though so Im just having a small pre-purchase rant. I dont think I even blame any of the band members really. Think its the manager and record company
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

I just realised that I can take the 3 live tracks from the WYWH box set and play them before the live set of DSotM and have almost a complete official 1974 concert.

Just need the 74 Wembley version of Echoes, sax and all!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:
Cant speak for anyone else but I think they are all a rip off! Im basing this on comparison with the Genesis box sets.
Each of these contained 5 albums in a proper case. Inside the case were 2 discs. One, a hybrid containing a new stereo version you can play on anything and an SACD multi channel version. Disc two was a dvd with a dts 5.1 version, interviews with band members on thier recolections of the making of that particular album and then some rare video content. Plus another 6th disc containg b-sides and 12 singles material all very rare.
I agree and think they are overpriced for what we are getting. I bought the DSOTM one and would no doubt still buy Meddle and Ummagumma ones if they were ever released but I can't say they are value for money. A scarf, some marbles, coasters and cards might be nice novelty items but hardly essential and I think a more reasonable price would have been around the £60 mark.
Wish I'd got one of those Genesis ones.