Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Are you getting The Wall Immersion Edition?

Yes
30%
No
39%
Maybe
29%
Don't Know
2%

Total votes: 56

Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

Post by Wolfpack »

I'm listening to a copy now. I think 'Sexual Revolution' is rather terrible. Waters sings ugly. He's making Barrett's 'If It's In You' and 'Wolfpack' sound like Mozart.
I can hardly hear a tune in the song. It's drums, bass and a whining voice going nowhere.

On the other hand, 'Teacher, Teacher' sounds great to me. No surprise that it was used on another Pink Floyd album.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Is it me or is the launch of The Wall Immersion boxset lacking any real vigour or promotional activity? What promotional stuff has happened? You see some new bands coming through who you expect will put a couple of decent singles out and have one album out then that is it, and they have more magazine/tv/display advertising on the internet. All seems a bit quiet to me?
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Keith Jordan wrote:Is it me or is the launch of The Wall Immersion boxset lacking any real vigour or promotional activity? What promotional stuff has happened? You see some new bands coming through who you expect will put a couple of decent singles out and have one album out then that is it, and they have more magazine/tv/display advertising on the internet. All seems a bit quiet to me?
Perhaps you're not looking where I'm looking. At least 2 or 3 new promos on YouTube and plenty of print ads from what I'm hearing. Then again, it IS the tail end of the campaign and the last release...
tucka
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tucka »

this is actually my favourite of the Immersion boxes (booklets etc) but it is my favourite Floyd album.

Only listened to the live album, sounds great, much better than the original release. Its a shame about the glitch in Another Brick in the Wall Part 3 though.

Just started demos, never listened to any bootlegs before so i'm looking forward to this.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

RonToon wrote:Perhaps you're not looking where I'm looking. At least 2 or 3 new promos on YouTube and plenty of print ads from what I'm hearing. Then again, it IS the tail end of the campaign and the last release...
True. I don't watch that much TV either so perhaps it has been flashing up on there at times. There did seem to be more viral videos for the other two releases but perhaps my perception is just wrong with me not being in full posession of the facts! :o :D I don't tend to buy magazines either (except The Economist) so haven't seen any printed ads. I must look around the net and see if I can find any.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Anybody having this jumping error on ANBITWp3 on the live disc?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

tucka wrote: Only listened to the live album, sounds great, much better than the original release.
What do you mean by that?
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Damn!t wrote:
tucka wrote: Only listened to the live album, sounds great, much better than the original release.
What do you mean by that?
He probably means that the new remaster of ITAOT? included in the box sounds better than the original release.
tucka
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tucka »

yeah thats what i meant. it could read a bit ambiguous sorry
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Does it really sound that better? Considering the fact that it's only a remaster...
I mean, if it's something significant, then I'll have to buy that...

What do you other folks who listened to both versions say?
The ITAOT is a pretty damn good live album, sound wise...
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Haven't heard this new version, but I don't think the improvement is that big enough to justify purchasing the $120 "upgrade", especially with that ugly glitch there anyway.

Soundwise I'm quite happy with my ITAOT 2CD deluxe edition, and with the beautiful booklet included in it, with the amazing pics, little essays from each band member and even a blueprint reproduction at the end. All of that at the modest price of $16!

Also, we must remember that there were TWO different mastering jobs done for ITAOT, the 2000 version was mastered by "Doug Sax and Gavin Lurssen", and the 2005 re-issue by "Guthrie, Plante and Richards". So which one are they comparing the new remaster to?
bighumph007
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bighumph007 »

In all honestly i'm really disappointed with this immersion set, the majority of the discs previously issued, no hi-res dvd-a or blu-ray, a bear bones dvd. this is definately not worth the 95quid their asking for it. Now i learn the sacd will be available sometime in the future outside the box, so if it's from the same company that done wywh then it's another 35quid. money making exercise me thinks.
This is one of my favourite floyd albums and it's really been let down badly.
BH
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

What's the glitch in ABITW P3? Been digging around but I can't find it.

(And was it really necessary to do a 3rd remaster of ITAOT, it only came out about 10 years ago lol)

Looks Like DSOTM is only about $75 on Amazon now, think I'll get that instead :)
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Freddie Mercury wrote: Looks Like DSOTM is only about $75 on Amazon now, think I'll get that instead :)
$62.99 actually. <ii>
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

Freddie Mercury wrote:What's the glitch in ABITW P3? Been digging around but I can't find it.

(And was it really necessary to do a 3rd remaster of ITAOT, it only came out about 10 years ago lol)

Looks Like DSOTM is only about $75 on Amazon now, think I'll get that instead :)
Still full price in the UK!
In addition there are five bad reviews about the Wall Immersion set on Amazon.co.uk followed by a large number of glowing reviews of the original cd, a completely different product, in order to get the star rating up to five. Naughty Naughty Amazon.