Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Are you getting The Wall Immersion Edition?

Yes
30%
No
39%
Maybe
29%
Don't Know
2%

Total votes: 56

RonToon
Blade
Blade

Re: Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

Post by RonToon »

Lurking Fear wrote:It's probably this but cleaned up a bit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_NbRHkpsTM
Not even close...
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

goldurn!t wrote:I NEED TO SEE that damned happiest days of our lives from immersion.
CAN ANYONE help me with that?!?
supposedly this is it, save yourself $125-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-YJTThQxkA
thats rather different and much slicker than any Wall footage Ive seen before

speaking of megamixes, I know Mosespapa and a couple others have experimented with making an ultimate Wall mix, using elements from the film and other sources, a FrankenWall I think someone once referred to the project as
do you folks have any plans to incorporate Teacher Teacher or any of these other newly revealed alternate versions in your Ultimate FrankenWall?
Sexual Revolution and Its Never Too Late are also completely new songs, and theres several that are so different, eg Young Lust, that they could appear in two different versions and you could call it a reprise or leitmotif ... which of course is completely within the rules of The Wall, which has two different songs that reprise already
others might arguably be good enough to replace the final released track, eg The Thin Ice which has a intro/outro melody that gets reprised throughout the demos but never made the final album
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

J Ed wrote:Sexual Revolution and Its Never Too Late are also completely new songs
I think that title could be actually a mislabel. "Never Too Late" was the working title for "The Show Must Go On" (check out the new demo of that song, it even ends witht that lyric "it's neeever too laaaaate...") while this song seems to be just some kinda of coda for "Outside The Wall" repeating over and over part of the last line from that song: "oh, it's not easy...oh it's not easy..." ...banging your heart against some mad bugger's wall. It probably was decided to be left out from the album at the last minute for running time issues, just like "What Shall We Do Now".
J Ed wrote:speaking of megamixes, I know Mosespapa and a couple others have experimented with making an ultimate Wall mix, using elements from the film and other sources, a FrankenWall I think someone once referred to the project as
do you folks have any plans to incorporate Teacher Teacher or any of these other newly revealed alternate versions in your Ultimate FrankenWall?
It could be done I guess, but there's no need really, since you can find here an already complete alternative version of the album in demo form that includes those songs, excludes others and have a different running order that kinda changes a little the "plot" of the album so to speak, it's almost like a Twilight Zone version of The Wall... check out the history forum for more opinions on the subject :D

If you put this on a CD:

CD5 Programme 2
+
CD6 Programme 1

You pretty much have the first version of The Wall that was recorded in the studio, as conceived in early 1979.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

J Ed wrote:speaking of megamixes, I know Mosespapa and a couple others have experimented with making an ultimate Wall mix, using elements from the film and other sources, a FrankenWall I think someone once referred to the project as
Sexual Revolution and Its Never Too Late are also completely new songs, and theres several that are so different, eg Young Lust, that they could appear in two different versions and you could call it a reprise or leitmotif ... which of course is completely within the rules of The Wall, which has two different songs that reprise already
others might arguably be good enough to replace the final released track, eg The Thin Ice which has a intro/outro melody that gets reprised throughout the demos but never made the final album
Well, I have a "megamix" of the Wall, Is There Anybody Out There, The Final Cut and the Pros and Cons of Hitchhiking...don't know where it is right now though.

However, concerning the Wall demos from this Immersion stuff, I am working on a slight variation, where I am looking at the most different tunes (including the ones you mentioned) AND the "rarities" from the other two Immersion sets to come up with more of a rarities album for the period.

So far I have cut the Wall demos down (down, down, down :D ) to about 73 minutes, with more editing to go, with the thought of including the Travel Sequence (studio), the two Household Objects tunes, Raving and Drooling (live), You Gotta Be Crazy (live), Have a Cigar (demo) and Wish You Were Here (demo)...it will take time, BUT, I am finding something KOOL can come of this...
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

digging the alternate lyrics, the first full version of Another Brick in the Wall we hear is a fairly literal history of the band
ie the real band that had just finished touring to a loudmouthed unappreciative audience, not the fictitious pseudometal surrogate band noone expected to see

"we dont need your adulation
we dont need your starry gaze
how the years have come between us
you shoulda seen them in the early days
they dont need your reminiscing
they dont need your memories
they dont want to hear who's missing
you shoulda seen them when the boys were young"

who's missing?
Syd of course
I see two meanings to this
1. they must have heard a lot of kvetching from the original fanbase about the lack of their frontman, thus they the band didnt want to hear "who's missing"
2. their 1975 album was a 45 minute concept piece about the very topic of absence, and the audience didnt get it and spent most of the show shouting out "we want Money!!!!!"
the show in question being the last tour because there was no Wish You Were Here tour proper, for the 1977 tour Wish You Were Here (the album about "who's missing") was the second set
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by J Ed »

further to my above point, I realise Teacher Teacher is also broken into two halves, the 1st from the teachers point of view the 2nd from the students
I will have to listen closely to see how many other songs in these demos are structured like that
two opposing points of view that do not acknowledge the other side, sort of like there was something between them, some almost architectural device, if only I could put a word to this metaphorical obstruction...

in the final album, I think the only times we hear anothers voice are the groupie and the psychiatrist ... the teacher, the mother and the wife (and of course the judge) are Pink's own warped inner representations of these other people trying to talk to him, not the genuine people themselves