Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Are you getting The Wall Immersion Edition?

Yes
30%
No
39%
Maybe
29%
Don't Know
2%

Total votes: 56

Meandthem
Blade
Blade

Re: Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

Post by Meandthem »

Keith Jordan wrote:How many of you own Is There Anybody Out There though? Perhaps sales of it were not that good so they figured most people don't own it so putting it in the Immersion Boxset would be a good idea perhaps. I don't know.
Got the double cd - not the BIG fat one, with the book, though.
Did it ever get released on vinyl?
sherer
Axe
Axe

Post by sherer »

bought the big version with the book the day it came out.

Brilliant album but they must have other shows where they were on good form they could release
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Keith Jordan wrote:How many of you own Is There Anybody Out There though? Perhaps sales of it were not that good so they figured most people don't own it so putting it in the Immersion Boxset would be a good idea perhaps. I don't know.
I've got the version with the book.
The Immersion boxes are for the real fans. Chance is big that they already have ITAOT.

For an album that was intended to be more than 2 LPs, I think this Immersion box is disappointing. The fact that they have no 5.1 mix but still stick to EMI's schedule, gives me the impression that the boxes are more for the money than for the completion.
walter5
Blade
Blade
Location: 13th Floor Elevator, Enron Hubbard Bldg. Houston Texxas

Post by walter5 »

snifferdog wrote:That's a good question :) I own a copy but more because it was going cheap in a sale in HMV... I do like it though
I admit I bought mine used from a 2nd Market Seller. I didn't buy it when it was released because I wasn't impressed with any of the 1980 "The Wall" performances (7 or 8 ) of which I had previously heard/owned through bootlegs or trades, they all sounded pretty identical to me. But one day I unexecptedly heard a cut from this LP play on the radio, and I was quite impressed with the depth of sound and the stereo separation, something lacking in most all of the audience recordings of that day. So I got a copy that I've played maybe 3 or 4 times. I like it better than "The Wall: Live In Berlin" but not as much as the "Live In Chicago" ROIO DVD of Rog's 2010 performance in that city-- holy shit, that ROCKED! Can't wait for the Official Tour DVD!
NUMBER61
Axe
Axe

Post by NUMBER61 »

as roger said, "you've gotta keep the people buying all of this shit".
Lurking Fear
Axe
Axe

Post by Lurking Fear »

I have ITAOT, and really enjoy it when I feel like listening to The Wall. Truthfully not one of my favorite PF albums (Animals and WYWH), but it's quite nice to have a good quality live recording of it. Will I buy the immersion box? not likely. I didn't get the DSOtM and WYWH box ones either. That said, I did get the two-disk versions with the live disks for both, and enjoy those also (have both RoIO's they sourced the live material from too). Really hoping against reason that they'll be a live Animals issue someday. Gotta be Crazy and Raving and Drooling are nice, but still just works in progress compared to the final versions...
rovers95
Embryo
Embryo

Post by rovers95 »

Was just checking that my order via amazon.de for this immersion set is still live, and found a screenshot of contents.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wall-DVD-Includ ... 314&sr=8-1
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

In this case, the marbles are apt because it is after all an album about a bloke who has lost his (I'll get me coat)

Looks nice but really there's too much here that most of us already have.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

snifferdog wrote:In this case, the marbles are apt because it is after all an album about a bloke who has lost his (I'll get me coat)
Wasn't Dark side about all of us losing our marbles and WYWH being about PF themselves losing their marlbles?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Link to the playlist from amazon.de by my friend Werner from P&S containing some of the new Wall demos.
Duckboy
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Duckboy »

Got a Job! So i changed vote to maybe, though I still probably won't get it.
siderealxxx
Axe
Axe

Post by siderealxxx »

The main reason I was hoping to get this was for the DVD footage of the 80-81 show... but here it is in its entirety:

80-81: The Happiest Days Of Our Live, Pink Floyd The Wall - Earls Court, 1980

One song. Thats it. If they're holding some of it back for something better then fair enough, but if ever there was an opportunity...

The demos aren't enough in themselves to warrant this much money... I think I just lost my reason to buy :-(
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

siderealxxx wrote:The main reason I was hoping to get this was for the DVD footage of the 80-81 show... but here it is in its entirety:

80-81: The Happiest Days Of Our Live, Pink Floyd The Wall - Earls Court, 1980

One song. Thats it. If they're holding some of it back for something better then fair enough, but if ever there was an opportunity...

The demos aren't enough in themselves to warrant this much money... I think I just lost my reason to buy :-(
I was watching some of the Earls Court show on Youtube the other week after having a tooth out. (Dont know what thats got to do with it but still)! Now, Im no expert and the stuff I found on there was obviously a copy of the original because it looked just like a copy of "Star Wars" I had seen in a seedy back room somewhere during the 70's! So, bearing that in mind, although it is dark I dont think it would be too bad at all if worked on. I can see why they didn't put it out originally but surely the one and only way of ever releasing this is within this box set.
How times have changed. The digitally copied pro-shot stuff from the O2 last year is of course perfect quality!
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:I was watching some of the Earls Court show on Youtube the other week after having a tooth out.
Most, if not all, of the clips of The Wall live on YouTube, as well as the videos in collector's circles, were sourced from video footage which couldn't handle the lighting back in the day. Roger recently uncovered the 35mm footage that Alan Parker shot originally for the movie which looks 100x better than the video footage and I'm assuming that this is what is being assembled for the live Wall DVD/Blu-ray which we will be getting a sneak peak of in The Wall Immersion box.