Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Are you getting The Wall Immersion Edition?

Yes
30%
No
39%
Maybe
29%
Don't Know
2%

Total votes: 56

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

Post by Keith Jordan »

The demos sound 1,000,000 times better than The Wall Under Construction demo which sounds shit! Run Like Hell is a great little gem! 8)

I cant share any of the audio with you sorry as it is "watermarked" meaning it has a digital sound mark in it which is identifiable to me. So, you will have to buy the boxset! ;-)

The Doctor (Comfortably Numb) band demo sounds good. 8)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com wrote:I guess there will be some notes in the physical box which will offer explanations around the though process behind the way the tracks have been split up...
:lol: :smt044 :smt082 :smt043 so naive!

The tracklist for the Experience version is already out there. I'm not sure if CD 3 and 4 are the exact same as the demo ones in the boxset or rather edited versions of those.

http://www.amazon.com/Wall-Experience-V ... B004ZNANZA
Last edited by danielcaux on Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Looking forward to your review. Here's one posted by SDE...

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

So afterall Teacher Teacher was indeed The Hero's Return.

Nice to hear the Pink Floyd version of Sexual Revolution too.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Teacher Teacher is rather good. 8)
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

so is this the Experience edition including 2 cds of all the demos or 1 cd of selected demos?
that Amazon pg seems to be having it both ways
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I believe disc 5 is the one included in the experience edition. So Roger's demo clips and part 1 of the bands studio stuff and Roger and band demos.

There is a matrix table at the bottom of the page here...

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/index ... wall-demos
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

J Ed wrote:so is this the Experience edition including 2 cds of all the demos or 1 cd of selected demos?
that Amazon pg seems to be having it both ways
Yeah, the trakclist has 4 CDs, but the info and pics show only 3, so it's only 1 CD of selected demos.

Selected rather mindlessly may I say. Thanks to Keith's matrix you can detail more precisely that basically what they included was [Programme 2 from CD5] and [Programme 3 from CD6] + [The Doctor and Run Like Hell demos]. There's a lot of overlapping and also "empty spaces" there.

I'm not sure if the reference to this so called "programmes" is some sort of homage to 8 track tapes or if that was some sort of technical lingo that the Floyd used while working on the studio. It seems to me that some combinations of the programmes represent each a different generation of Wall demos, which is quite evident in the case of programme 3, divided on both CD 5 and 6, which consists entirely of band demos for disc 1 of The Wall (and common sense dictates that all of them should have been put in the same disc!).

Before those we have what is perhaps the preceding batch of Wall demos which are divided in Programme 2 (CD5) and Programm 1 (CD6) (WTF?), and that's what I think they should have used for the Experience disc IMO, since it has more or less the entire album in demo form:

Programme 2, Roger Waters Original Demo And Band Demos (CD5)
1. Prelude (Vera Lynn) - Roger Waters Original Demo
2. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 1 - Band Demo
3. The Thin Ice - Band Demo
4. Goodbye Blue Sky - Band Demo
5. Teacher, Teacher - Band Demo
6. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 2 - Band Demo
7. Empty Spaces - Band Demo
8. Young Lust - Band Demo
9. Mother - Band Demo
10. Don't Leave Me Now - Band Demo
11. Sexual Revolution - Band Demo
12. Another Brick In The Wall, Part 3 - Band Demo
13. Goodbye Cruel World - Band Demo

Programme 1, Roger Waters Original Demos And Band Demos (CD6)
1. Is There Anybody Out There? - Roger Waters Original Demo
2. Vera - Roger Waters Original Demo
3. Bring The Boys Back Home - Roger Waters Original Demo
4. Hey You - Band Demo
5. The Doctor (Comfortably Numb) - Band Demo
6. In The Flesh - Band Demo
7. Run Like Hell - Band Demo
8. Waiting For The Worms - Band Demo
9. The Trial - Band Demo
10. The Show Must Go On - Band Demo
11. Outside The Wall - Band Demo
12. The Thin Ice Reprise - Band Demo

And before those we had the Roger demo excerpts, which are clearly the earliest incarnation of the album, I believe. Too bad they didn't include it in complete form on the boxset. The other programmes are just stand alone Gilmour and band demos.

Now, I wonder what are the demos that we have already heard (known as The Wall Under Construction or Brick By Brick)? Perhaps the entire programme 3 + programme 2 of CD6? I'm listening to those on youtube and judging by the tracklist it seems like that's the case.

No, wait a minute, the songs on those do not concide either, and Young Lust is just an instrumental on those... :-k

Any opinions?

Keith, did they include all 3 parts of "Is There AnyBody Out There?" on the Immersion discs?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

danielcaux wrote:Keith, did they include all 3 parts of "Is There AnyBody Out There?" on the Immersion discs?
There is an unbarable one on CD5-Pro1 which is part of the "sound clips" set and not full songs. As Super Delux said in their article, this is probably for the best considering how bad they are. Most of that suite is truly awful sounding! Basically a howling man squealing down the mic thumping his guitar thrashing around like a mad man!

It was much more polished up on the Roger Waters and Band demos on CD6 Programme 1, Roger Waters Original Demos And Band Demos. There is no third version. I will look at the Wall book from Fitch/Mahon later and remind myself about a possible third version that may or may not be missing.

Here is the press release for the track listings for your information....
The Wall Tracklisting FINAL(3).doc
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

danielcaux wrote:Keith, did they include all 3 parts of "Is There AnyBody Out There?" on the Immersion discs?
I love this. Also after 3:00, where Waters sounds to me like Johnny Rotten (Lydon) of the Sex Pistols.
Keith Jordan wrote:There is an unbarable one on CD5-Pro1 which is part of the "sound clips" set and not full songs. As Super Delux said in their article, this is probably for the best considering how bad they are. Most of that suite is truly awful sounding! Basically a howling man squealing down the mic thumping his guitar thrashing around like a mad man!
Do you mean other recordings than the ones linked above, on Youtube? (I guess these are from the band demos?)
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Yep, appearently they are including excerpts of some of the never heard before Roger's solo demos. Although I'm not sure if these are the very early demos he gave the band for the first time or some later versions he did by himself while already working on the album.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Rogers demos from home that he did by himself are are the CD5 Programme 1, Excerpts from Roger Waters Original Demo. There are clips from the demos and not the full songs. That Youtube version sounds like the full one in three parts whereas the demo on the aforementioned is only 1 min 50 seconds and sounds like the last part so perhaps the first two parts are missing from it.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

I'm still confused. Are the 3 parts on YouTube recorded by the band? I seem to hear Gilmour on guitar.
NUMBER61
Axe
Axe

Post by NUMBER61 »

i was hoping to hear "death disco".