Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

General discussion about Pink Floyd.

Are you getting The Wall Immersion Edition?

Yes
30%
No
39%
Maybe
29%
Don't Know
2%

Total votes: 56

danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd The Wall Immersion Edition 2012

Post by danielcaux »

For those who can wait you can hear different clips here, but of the same tracks though. Just to get a bigger picture:

http://www.djshop.de/Download-Pink-Floy ... tails.html
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

'Teacher, Teacher' and 'Sexual Revolution' are just snippets of a minute each.
And no 'What Shall We Do Now'.
wilfsdad
Embryo
Embryo

Post by wilfsdad »

sadly after the first two immersion editions which were not without their problems, this is a wash for me.
do they really expect me to pay $120 for basically 2 discs of demos???
no hi res audio, no surround sound (the wall is perfect for this), no high quality video footage, no blu ray.
i don't get it, who out of hardcore fans is going to buy it? you'll already have 'the wall' and itaot, that's 4 of the seven discs taken care of right there.
some people must have money to burn.
Isntthiswherewe
Blade
Blade

Post by Isntthiswherewe »

wilfsdad wrote:sadly after the first two immersion editions which were not without their problems, this is a wash for me.
do they really expect me to pay $120 for basically 2 discs of demos???no hi res audio, no surround sound (the wall is perfect for this), no high quality video footage, no blu ray.
i don't get it, who out of hardcore fans is going to buy it? you'll already have 'the wall' and itaot, that's 4 of the seven discs taken care of right there.
some people must have money to burn.
Yes, They do ](*,)
I've recently bought the SACD of WYWH. Its excellent, but mainly because of the improved quality of the disc plus splitting the sound over five channels really allows you to hear every detail. Its good what Guthrie has done but I think someone else could have done just as well!
Instead of whiping Guthrie harder as Nick Mason has said, they could have paid him to do it on time or got Alan Parsons to do the 5.1 mix instead or even me :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

New trailer for Immersion/Discovery/Experience/Vinyl:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J5ON1JTd78

EDIT # ???: I am sooo dumb, I can't seem to embed it here. ](*,) ](*,)

EDITED BY ADMIN - The end of the URL should only say watch?v=xxxxxxxxxxxxxx you need to remove the &feature=player_embedded and any other nonsense for it to work.
Scott M2
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Scott M2 »

I bought the previous 2 Immersion Boxes for the dueling surround mixes and greatly enjoyed finally hearing WYWH in quad and 5.1.
I won't be buying the Wall box just for the demos and the junk. I will buy a surround SACD or Blueray of the Wall if it's released and not crazily priced.
Djgilmour
Blade
Blade

Post by Djgilmour »

Isntthiswherewe wrote:
Wolfpack wrote: but remember they sent them along as a surrogate band.
Why? Wasn't Pink well?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

nosaj wrote:New trailer for Immersion/Discovery/Experience/Vinyl:
A booklet with all the lyrics!!!!! Wow, that's some seriously lackluster boxset! Basically anyone that's buying that is just paying a hundred+ bucks for the 2 cds of demos, a 1 minute video of Earl's Court and a 17 minute interview with Gerald Scarfe. Oh yeah and a bunch of pretty useless junk. All the rest can be foud separately and much cheaper in previous releases, even the photo booklet is pretty much the same that can be found on Is There Anybody Out There!

http://www.amazon.com/There-Anybody-198 ... 876&sr=8-2

And bad news for us Animals fans, they included photos of the '77 In The Flesh tour on this Wall boxset booklet, which probably means that there are no plans or interest at all in releasing an Animals Immersion boxset, or live set, in the future... :(
RonBaker2003
Axe
Axe

Post by RonBaker2003 »

I don't have money to burn. Some of the box sets are a bit much...but I understand that there must be a DVD and a Blu Ray disc. I have both the sets released so far and I will buy the Wall set. I really want an Atom Heart Mother set and hopefully it will include the Man & the Journey as a bonus and maybe the video shot by PBS in San Francisco
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

danielcaux wrote:And bad news for us Animals fans, they included photos of the '77 In The Flesh tour on this Wall boxset booklet, which probably means that there are no plans or interest at all in releasing an Animals Immersion boxset, or live set, in the future... :(
That's quite an extreme leap in logic that I wouldn't personally care to subscribe to.
The only Immersions EVER planned were the 3 current ones. If anything is going to happen in the future it's still up for discussion and I can't imagine things going like this...
"What albums should we choose for the next wave of Immersions?"
"Well we have some great soundboard recordings from the Animals tour, there's the quad mix of the album, and the studio recordings of Raving & Drooling & Gotta be Crazy. But I guess we can't release this one since there were photos from the Animals tour used in The Wall Immersion book."
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

No, I'm not saying the inclusion of the photos will prevent a possible release of some sort of special Animals edition in the future, just that the inclusion of those pics in the Wall boxset further reinforce the notion that at the moment there are absolutely no plans for that kind of release in the near future (either officially or behind the scenes), otherwise they would have saved them for that I think.

On another note, IS THERE a quad mix of Animals!!!!!??????? =P~ I always thought that just the normal stereo LP and 8 track had been released!
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

There are a shit tonne of photos from the '77 tour, so I could see them including a bunch from the studio and then some more live '77 photos if they did an Animals Immersion set.

Hell, I'd be happy with an Animals Experience release, as long as it had live material from '77!
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Anyone recording this?
UK-based Planet Rock Radio are broadcasting a one-hour special, 'Building The Wall', at 7pm GMT this Saturday, February 25th. Based on exclusive interviews with Planet Rock DJs from the last six months, it covers the whole of 'The Wall' from conception, to recording the original album and staging the shows, right up to Roger Waters' current tour. It includes interviews with Roger Waters, Nick Mason, Snowy White and Gerald Scarfe.

Planet Rock Radio is available on DAB in the UK or globally via planetrock.com
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I wish I had some means to record it. I don't know how though these days. It used to be easy when you recorded something off the radio onto a casette tape! :D