New Roger Waters album?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Re: New Roger Waters album?

Post by thefinalcut »

I don´t like Gilmour and post Waters Pink Floyd so I don´t post / spam in their sections... 8)
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

thefinalcut wrote:If you hate Roger so much and bash any Waters related topic or comment, then why you post? :roll:
Are you drunk?
qjamesfloyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by qjamesfloyd »

I'm glad Roger himself has now answered my question that started my thread. And It's great that he has so many songs written, I wonder if he has demo'd them all? or just written them down?
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

I'm actually excited about the idea of a new Roger Waters album. He's changed a lot since he recorded Amused to Death, so what we're going to get is a totally new side of Roger aside from what he's been doing with The Wall as of late. I can't wait! <ii>
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

kjek1 wrote:He should at least emphasise that hes talking about lyrical content and the other members contributed equally too much of the most famous music.
Waters didn't just write the lyrics...
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Yes, but the others werent only session musicians.

It pisses me off every time he is saying they are/were playing my songs.
That's not entirely true, is it Rog?
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

Not at all. While Roger may have led Floyd during the "classic" years, there is a reason they're called a "band". Just my opinion 8-[
Frankymole
Axe
Axe

Post by Frankymole »

kjek1 wrote:
In a way you could say it was a great tipping of the hat because they were going all around the world playing my songs — and some of their songs
Thats the kind of comment I hate seeing from Roger.

It gives off the impression he actually did write all the songs while the others just showed up to record and tour.

He should at least emphasise that hes talking about lyrical content and the other members contributed equally too much of the most famous music.
I prefer the immediately preceding bit:

Q. Have you forgiven Mr. Gilmour and the other members for continuing to write and perform under the Pink Floyd name after you left?

A. Of course, yeah. He was right, I was wrong. It was really simple. I thought it should be retired but I was wrong. And I’m perfectly content with what they did. I had problems at the time. I don’t have any problems now.

After 25 years of putting up with the Roger/Dave wars, which some fans perpetuate long after the gentlemen concerned have moved on, I'm grateful for any and every sign of reconciliation or at least forbearance.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Rog really seems like a cool guy now, no doubt. I just had a look at the bonus features on the WYWH dvd and its great to see him speaking the way he does.

But theres definitely still a bit of egomania there when hes talking about 'his' songs that aren't actually his songs. He didnt just write the lyrics, but he didnt write all the music either is what I'm saying.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

i think that Roger was thinking about the legacy that PF would leave when he said that. Gilmour was legally right to carry on but i still suspect that Rog thinks that they were artistically wrong. what's cooling everything down is the fact that AMLOR and TDB will be only cited as sub-par, post-Waters releases. Roger can live with those footnotes.
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

mastaflatch wrote:Roger can live with those footnotes.
Especially when his current tour is bigger than anything Pink Floyd has ever done.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

RonToon wrote:Especially when his current tour is bigger than anything Pink Floyd has ever done.
Did my eyes just skip two blinks? Am I reading the Wright (sorry couldn't resist :D ) thing?
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

RonToon wrote:
mastaflatch wrote:Roger can live with those footnotes.
Especially when his current tour is bigger than anything Pink Floyd has ever done.
You sure about that?
RonToon
Blade
Blade

Post by RonToon »

You sure about that?
I've seen Floyd's biggest tours which would be from Animals through the Division Bell. Nothing matches the scale and spectacle of Roger's current tour. Floyd never sold out 9 shows at River Plate either. Roger is finally getting the stadium audiences that the Floyd used to get and he's putting on a better show.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

suppose its a matter of opinion.

I dont remember Floyd attempting to play in places like River Plate right enough.