50 coolest people who've ever lived. Who's on your list?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: 50 coolest people who've ever lived. Who's on your list?

Post by Damn!t »

Terry Doren. It's his bday soon.
He was cool.

rip
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Stephen wrote:I agree with some on these lists but I was asked this once before and I answered with Keith Richards. I think 'cool' is perhaps more about attitude rather than what you've achieved in life.
I thought about Keef but I'm not really a big fan and It's a bit of a cliche to say he's cool...well it is to me a/w
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

my breakfast. wrote:Hendrix was hardly an amazing songwriter, his lyrics are of the Moon/June/Spoon variety and vaguely describe acid trips. Hey Joe is not his lyrics, Killing Floor is not his and Watchtower was not his....
I wasn't really meaning in terms of lyrics as much as the actual songs themselves. Stuff like have you ever been experienced, castles made of sand, angel and 1983, i think, are classics (not that all of his songs approach that standard). Though point taken on the lyrics.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

David Smith wrote:
my breakfast. wrote:Hendrix was hardly an amazing songwriter, his lyrics are of the Moon/June/Spoon variety and vaguely describe acid trips. Hey Joe is not his lyrics, Killing Floor is not his and Watchtower was not his....
I wasn't really meaning in terms of lyrics as much as the actual songs themselves. Stuff like have you ever been experienced, castles made of sand, angel and 1983, i think, are classics (not that all of his songs approach that standard). Though po.int taken on the lyrics.
I love Hendrix's lyrics. Theyre very apt n pscyhdelic.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Eddie Kramer has to be on the list of 50 coolest people just because he helped Hendrix achieve his sonic 'dreamscapes' in the studio. Little Wing, for example, is given a totally different set of wings just because the guitar intro is half recorded through a leslie speaker adding just enough 'air' to make the guitar shine.

Margaret Thatcher has to come off that list. Sorry, but somebody who tries out disgraceful taxations on the Scottish before unleashing it on England is a shitbag. Oh and she also ruined heavy industry in Scotland without offering any alternative forms of employment for the thousands she put out of work.

Flying pig437, you seem to have some sort of beef with left-wing political ideologies. This is strange given that you want to hang out with alcoholics and women who work as prostitutes. Seems like a mighty double standard.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Comparing lists would be kind of pointless, because everyone has a different definition of what cool is.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Carl von Linde - apparently he invented refridgeration.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

my breakfast. wrote:
Margaret Thatcher has to come off that list. Sorry, but somebody who tries out disgraceful taxations on the Scottish before unleashing it on England is a shitbag. Oh and she also ruined heavy industry in Scotland without offering any alternative forms of employment for the thousands she put out of work.

Flying pig437, you seem to have some sort of beef with left-wing political ideologies. This is strange given that you want to hang out with alcoholics and women who work as prostitutes. Seems like a mighty double standard.
WEll it might have not been very nice to use the scots as guinea pigs like that but that's life I guess. I don't think it's very nice for healthy working class people to spend, collectively, a fortune of billions of pounds every year on alchol and drugs and cigarettes while there's children dying of extreme poverty but that's life I guess. As for ruining heavy industry well as with all employed people who lose their jobs they can't complain because while they did have jobs they probably squandered most of their spare cash down the pub or on fags or holiday or xmas presnets for their kids or even prozzies! ha ha ha. That's why I hate having sympathy for people who've lost their jobs or who are on low wages. I despise their lifestyles and think, in their own way, their just as greedy and self-indulgent as rich people. Also with the nationalised industries that were unprofitable they were just being a drain on the nations resources. If only all those people, Scottis, English and Welsh who llost their jobs in the 80's hadn't squandered the precious recourses of time and money they had when they were beneficiaries of the nations charity they might have been able to find ways and means to provide for themselves and their familes better when the subsidies were cut off. Also of course they were the people who gave the unions their power which the unions then disgustingly abused to the detriment of the whole country.

And as for hanving out with alcholics... I couldnt'' anyway because if I went to a meeting I'd just puke up at the pathetic snivelling sob stories they'd come out with or tell them straight I've not got the slightest little bit of sympathy for them and think there pathetic wastes of space.
As for haning out with prozzies. Well there's just tonnes and tonnes of women that I love and am beguiled by, in fact I'm obssesed with women in general, not all of them obviously, and the fact they're doing something as intriguing as a walking the streets just trying to get guys to pay them for sexual things is just something I'm fascinated by on a personal level. I can't remember what I've said on this forum about it but the one I've spoken to a bit is my new #1 infatuation in life. I don't know what my interest and my hanging out with prozzies has got to do with politics though. I think it's probably imoral to sleep with a hooker for lots of reasons but primarily because they're, in a lot of cases, junkies and need to get off the gear so they don't have to go through the indignity of letting guys use them just to get money for the next fix but then seeing the arse on that one last night and then hearing her come-on to me by saying 'hello love' as I walked passed her...
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Massed Gadgets wrote:Comparing lists would be kind of pointless, because everyone has a different definition of what cool is.
Would it? I'd just be interested a/w.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

Anyone who wastes oxygen drawing up a list of 50 'cool' people isn't cool. So you can delete yourself from the bottom of that list, Flying pig437. As for the rest, who gives a Flying fuck437!
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

PooF wrote:Anyone who wastes oxygen drawing up a list of 50 'cool' people isn't cool. So you can delete yourself from the bottom of that list, Flying pig437. As for the rest, who gives a Flying fuck437!
Are you on your period or something? ha ha ha
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

moom wrote:There's lots of cool people, BUT on my PERSONAL top list of known musicians there are a few:

Roger Waters - "I'm an artist, I can't tell lies". That's Artist.

John Lennon - see Waters.

the Gallagher brothers - sod off, one wrote some top tunes and the other one sang them. In personal life? No gimmicks.
ditto.
thefinalcut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thefinalcut »

moom wrote:There's lots of cool people, BUT on my PERSONAL top list of known musicians there are a few:

Roger Waters - "I'm an artist, I can't tell lies". That's Artist.

John Lennon - see Waters.

the Gallagher brothers - sod off, one wrote some top tunes and the other one sang them. In personal life? No gimmicks.
ditto.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

I wouldn't know. You think I've ever been cool? :lol:
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

My List of 15 coolest people.

In no particular order:

1) John Lennon
2) Roger Federer
3) Jim Morrison
4) Syd Barrett
5) Michael Jordan
6) Brian Wilson
7) Sachin Tendulkar
8 ) Albert Einstein
9) Jimi Hendrix
10) Napoleon Bonaparte
11) Mahatma Gandhi
12) Buddha
13) Me
14) You
15) Everyone else I not mentioned in this list.