There will be a new album

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Re: There will be a new album

Post by mastaflatch »

:lol: :roll:
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

I love Pigs, I'd love to hear Roger do it live.

It's when he does tunes like WYWH and Time I struggle.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

raisemyrent wrote:Haha I find it cheesy and childish. Betcha it wasn't Wright who came up with it. I find animals lacking overall. Forced. So many arrangements; you can feel they used all their tricks and a few more but the content just wasn't there for such long songs. Forgettable. Animals is Pink Floyd's Tales from Topographic Oceans.

So no significant change from he last shows really? Everything looked the same in the videos.

Are you sure you like Pink Floyd?

Even snobby Pitchfork gave it a 10/10. It's currently ranked #26 All Time at RateYourMusic.com.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

And I'm supposed to care?

I don't like animals. It doesn't stand up to wish you were here. Things started going downhill. It's angry and it's trying too hard. I find it drags and the songs are long because damn it they're long. Yawn. Great guitar work, though.
Pigs? Seriously? With the cowbell and the poor chorus? The charade you are part is BAD, and then The aaahhh ahh and the piano roll... yuck! Embarrassing!

Anyhow it was reported that Roger debuted a song on this preview/rehearsal show. Any links?
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Wolfpack, do you recognize the melody Roger is singing during The Last Refugee line that goes "catch the sweet hover of lips just barely apart... AND WONDER!!!"?? It's from a Syd Barrett song! Minus the wonder part of course :D

I do wonder if he did it unconsciously or as a tribute...

Anyway, really cool connection.

PS/ Holy fuck! "Picture That" is AWEEEEEESSOOOOOOOOOOME!!!!!! I't like a modern One Of These Days!!
mastaflatch
Knife
Knife

Post by mastaflatch »

I like Picture That as well even if it borrows the soundscapes of Sheep (to my ears) and a bit of the middle part of Pigs 3DO (the rythm guitar part). It fucking rocks, Roger at his most venomous since TFC. I really think I'm gonna like that album.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Hello, I know you personally like "Animals" but I don't think it's great either.
New song uploaded? Yikes! First I heard of it in the posts above!
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

raisemyrent wrote:It's angry and it's trying too hard. I find it drags and the songs are long because damn it they're long. Yawn. Great guitar work, though.
Pigs? Seriously? With the cowbell and the poor chorus? The charade you are part is BAD, and then The aaahhh ahh and the piano roll... yuck! Embarrassing!

Anyhow it was reported that Roger debuted a song on this preview/rehearsal show. Any links?
The great thing about Pink Floyd was on every record, they changed. Animals was the angry, venomous response to punk, and contains Gilmour's best guitar work by far, and great lyrics. WYWH (#4 All Time at RYM) was a sorrowful lament to a departed co-founder.

Best song yet from the album, IMHO:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEVuuBX3wyw

Roger actually picks up an electric guitar and jams out into a "Careful With that Axe" style outro.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Far too much plagiarising of the Floyd catalogue. It's bordering on ridiculous actually
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

Very "in the style". I hear animals, one of these days, run like hell. Some singing and swearing, some out of tune backup singing (seriously how hard is their role?), some restrained instrumental bits, and the trademark Roger waters emptiness at times (just the drums and all the instruments lost in the mix everyone just playing their parts without real direction). Should fit right in.
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

kjek1 wrote:Far too much plagiarising of the Floyd catalogue. It's bordering on ridiculous actually
He's given up. Tried for 10 years to do the next big thing and it all sounded like the wall. So he tried for 20 years and ended up just doing the wall because why not. So now he's embraced it and is doing rehashes like there is no tomorrow. Irony is that it's probably going to work and sell.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Agreed, see my Déjà Vu thread -

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=24699
](*,)
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Still buying the album, but I'm glad I'm not seeing him live as he looked like someone I know from a poetry group ranging off in front of a band with stage visuals. Found it too funny, but at least audio is great. The album version would make it better.
Flathead
Knife
Knife

Post by Flathead »

kjek1 wrote:Far too much plagiarising of the Floyd catalogue. It's bordering on ridiculous actually

How can the chief songwriter of Pink Floyd plagiarize himself? It's like saying John Lennon or Paul MCartney sound like the Beatles.
kjek1
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kjek1 »

Flathead wrote:

How can the chief songwriter of Pink Floyd plagiarize himself? It's like saying John Lennon or Paul MCartney sound like the Beatles.
Give it up already

And even if he were to only plagiarise songs he wrote, he's still plagiarising, self plagiarism is a thing. No offence but you look like a joke with all the hypocrisies you've shown with Rogers new album.

Diluted Floyd tunes, Floyd tunes without the essence of what made the Floyd great. But you know he's got a producer you like so you're desperately trying to polish a turd here.