1980s Bands Making Comebacks

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

King Henrik wrote:Still waiting for the Hayzee Fantaizy comeback.
John Wayne is big leggy !!!!!!
LOL! That song was ace!

The guy that used to dance around like a loon, Jeremy Healy, is now a big name on the dance music scene!!!! :shock:
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Just accidentally posted again by mistake, oops. Might as well make some use of it.

Went to the Prince Charles Cinema last night for the re-screening of Depeche Mode's 101 film, it was amazing to finally see it on the big screen, got to speak to Andy Fletcher and had a bit of a chat to my hero Daniel Miller too.

Ive been enjoying the whole 80s comeback thing, of course most of the bands have never been away, theyve just been overshadowed by the fads that followed such as House, Britpop, Grunge, and now this nonsense where you can actually win a music career on a TV show, the prize does tend to expire after about a month tho :D .

Lets just hope Modern Romance dont make a come back :D
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

EDIT: Simpledumbpilot, how about you merge your three messages into one? Will save us some server space, don't you think? - Ridan

Please dont think Im argueing, this is just a curious question. Wouldnt it then be one long post consisting of the same amount of text therefore taking up the same amount of server space or does starting a new post take x amount of space plus the text inside it?

Also how do you do multiple quotes in one message, I dont see how??? Hence the 3 posts.

Aaargh! just messed that up too, meant to ask the question in a new post but hit edit instead of quote, its all going wrong.
Last edited by simpledumbpilot on Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

Just read the news today. Blondie will have a new album out soon. (Or were they more from the late 1970's?)
claypool
Embryo
Embryo

Post by claypool »

Meddler wrote:Yes I agree.
In Sweden we have the Sweden Rock Festival once a year that takes care of any comebacks possible
Anna-Roza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Anna-Roza »

I still wish Mark Hollis got better... :cry: I wonder what kind of music Talk Talk would record if they haven't split. Their music was getting more and more complicated and beautiful... And Hollis' solo album is brilliant, but soooooo sad....