Bands or musicians you hate

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

punk. Sounds good to me. Well, why don't you start a band? I'm thinking of doing it, if only to make music I want to hear...maybe somebody else would like it. I thought Moncton had a cool music scene? Here in Toronto, the options are pretty good.
MikeWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by MikeWaters »

I'm in a band already actually! We opened for sloan at UNB about a month ago and we migh go on a "mini tour" with them throughout montreal and toronto!. But moncton doesn't have avery good music scene. Everyone calls it "punkton-moncton" Theres no other kind of music here..except for my band called "Undecided". you check us out at http://www.undecidedonline.tk we havent gotten too much stuff up yet but come see it anyways!
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

OK. Cool. Actually met one of the Sloan guys last summer/fall? He was going on a sort of date with a friend of a friend...weird girl, goes after musicians only, and always ends up sad...there are still groupies.
rockinroll_mister
Axe
Axe

Post by rockinroll_mister »

I hate alot of things....

Christmas music!!!!!!!!!!! I work in a store at a mall and all day I hear the god damned jingle bells and sleigh tunes. :twisted:

95% of the music made since 1980 :twisted:

My ex-drummer

The sound of my voice when I sing

People who are intollerant of other cultures.....

....and Dutch people.
decampos
Hammer
Hammer

Post by decampos »

rockinroll_mister wrote:
My ex-drummer
Yeah, he sucks
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

rockinroll_mister wrote:
....and Dutch people.
Yeah, they suck
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

I could choke 'em...

"I'm Dutch! Ishn't dat vierd!" :wink:
PinkClownie
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkClownie »

The Strokes S-U-C-K the big weiners in the sky!
Don't know about the Dutch music since I haven't heard any...
I don't listen to that crap on commercial radio. The only thing barely toerable is the "classics" station where they play PF and Beatles, etc., but they only play the same songs, over and over, with a multitude of ads to really get under your skin. I wish to take over those stations...
olzen
Judge!
Judge!

Post by olzen »

Actually, Eddie Van Halen is Dutch...
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

rockinroll_mister wrote:People who are intollerant of other cultures.....

....and Dutch people.
How many dutch people have you met?
PinkClownie wrote:Don't know about the Dutch music since I haven't heard any...
You should listen to Kane, Acda & de Munnik, they're not bad.
PinkClownie
Embryo
Embryo

Post by PinkClownie »

[quote]You should listen to Kane, Acda & de Munnik, they're not bad.

(Geez, learning how to do this... :oops: )
Thanks for the info
I'll request them on the college radio station that I like to listen to, WFMU.
What kind of music do they play? I love rock and phsychedia of all sorts (even phsych-salsa and samba)
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Benny Rietveld is Dutch and he's a damn good bass player (Santana - 1990s).

BTW why do the US radios have always 4-letter abbreviations with unlikely combinations of letters like KQED, WKMW, WFMU, WNEW...? What does that mean?
dogs_pigs_n_sheep
Knife
Knife

Post by dogs_pigs_n_sheep »

Flame-Sky Diver wrote:Benny Rietveld is Dutch and he's a damn good bass player (Santana - 1990s).

BTW why do the US radios have always 4-letter abbreviations with unlikely combinations of letters like KQED, WKMW, WFMU, WNEW...? What does that mean?
It use to be three letters, and now since there are so many stations, now there are four. Everything in the west part of the country starts with a K, and everything in the east starts with a W. Canada stations all start with a C. Also, they usually include the frequency when they mention the 4 letters. For example WRIF 101.9 FM is a Detroit station. I think no where else in the world but the US do we have so many commecially owned radio stations and that is why they need all the individual names. Sometimes the abrevations seem to mean something, but that is not always the case. I guess if you want a certain set of letters, and it is not taken, the FCC might let you have them. The FCC is the Federal Communication Commision. Hope that was clear.
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I can't remember what this thread was about, but I've noticed so many conglamorates, like somethingKISSFM and MIXsomething, the mighty Q's; they are the same in each state and provence, here in the mighty fortress North America...so, what's up with that? What's going on - he hears radio waves in his head? 8)

Oh, yeah!!! What bands do you hate. Well, with so many of these conglomerate stations, who play such small play lists, it's as though there are maybe a hundred songs to choose from, it gets boring, or irrealavant...so, albums are still ok, but better yet, go see some cheap live music...drink if you want, who knows, fall in love...just free your mind and your ass will follow...maybe down the street something else is happening...But beware of bad bands...throw beer! :twisted:
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

PinkClownie wrote:
Syd. wrote:You should listen to Kane, Acda & de Munnik, they're not bad.

(Geez, learning how to do this... :oops: )
Thanks for the info
I'll request them on the college radio station that I like to listen to, WFMU.
What kind of music do they play? I love rock and phsychedia of all sorts (even phsych-salsa and samba)
Kane is a rock-group, but I was joking about A&tM, they only sing in dutch, kinda soft songs.