Gilmour and PinkFloyd.co.uk

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

It Gilmour being a little cheeky?

Yes!
36%
No!
59%
Other, please state.
5%

Total votes: 22

Post by Guest »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Oh no, don't huff and puff and blow my house away.

I'm still waiting for some examples from you...

again mr. evasive....pretty much everything you write. you speak loud and clear enough on your own. i don't have to help at all. i decided to check that other place you mentioned to see if you were the same way there and you are and you even post the exact same posts there as you do here word for word. a bit obsessive aren't you? i'm obviously not alone in drawing these conclusions either about you. maybe you like daves playing but you sure dont like dave. maybe its time you grew up.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

This conversation will stop now.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

:lol:
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Keith, I know you said this conversation will stop now, but I am not sure if you are being serious (The thread is not locked, after all). Nonetheless, I would like to address the last few messages in this thread. I have a strong desire to do so.
When a person accuses a "non-devotee" of being limited or stupid for not agreeing with him,

I have not called anyone stupid or limited in here for any reason. I do not think anyone has. That stuff is not welcome here at Neptune, but even if it were I, for one, certainly would not be displaying such infantile behavior.
it is because of that person's severely limited understanding or ignorance that music is a matter of personal tastes, a matter they are incapable of accepting due in fact to their own fanaticism.
It is not about the music, it is about the fact they went on calling themselves Pink Floyd when I feel they are NOT Pink Floyd. That is what bothers me.
'Hey man, The Division Bell sucks, dump those stinking records into the trash can and pick up Amused To Death instead'
I actually like a couple of tunes on The Division Bell (Marooned and Cluster One). It's not the music of The Division Bell that bothers me, although I do admit I do not like much of it, but so what? I don't enjoy a great deal of Ummagumma, AHM, SOS, and MFTB either. What displeases me is the fact the album says it's by Pink Floyd because I feel it is not "Pink Floyd."

I feel Pink Floyd was once a band made up of Roger Waters, David Gilmour, Nick Mason AND Richard Wright.

If it is fanatical to hold that belief, well, I guess I'm guilty of fanaticism.

If you think I'm a fanatic, you should take a look at some folks who claim simply David Gilmour or Roger Waters is/was Pink Floyd. If you think I'm fanatical for calling "Post-Waters Pink Floyd" Pink Fraud, you should take a look at the Syd Barrett "stalker" video on the net. If I'm an extremist, what does that make those who collect such sordid films as "Syd's first acid trip"?

If I'm a fanatic for thinking Pink Floyd are more than simply a POP BAND that made POP MUSIC, for thinking that the name should have been retired after The Wall Tour, for trying to get out why I feel that to the populace, for trying to drive the point home to everyone, for questioning comments David Gilmour or Nick Mason made in the past, for suggesting perhaps David Gilmour and Steve O'Rourke had the take-over of "Pink Floyd" well planned long before 1986, then I'm sorry for my fanaticism.

Maybe I'm missing something here?

As I said a long time ago in this thread:

"I don't really see anything nasty I've said about Gilmour. I've seen people call Roger Waters an egomaniac, a credit-hogger, every name in the book. But I haven't said too much about Gilmour. I've said I think he whored the name Pink Floyd, but that's pretty much it."

Apparently I am some sort of "Roger Waters fanatic" for believing and stating David Gilmour and Co. whored the name Pink Floyd, and for believing and stating that I feel Pink Floyd once was a band made up of David Gilmour, Richard Wright, Nick Mason, AND Roger Waters. Well, I'd love to know how one comes to that conclusion.

I do not download bootlegs on a consistent basis, nor do I "weed" out "ROIOs" (Or whatever they call bootlegs now) on Echoes, watch Syd Barrett "stalker" and "acid" videos, read subscriptions to REG, Gilwhore, or any Pink Floyd fan club.

I have been a bit too vocal lately on here with the whole Pink Fraud sham. Perhaps I have been a bit redundant too.

I have decided to cool it on the matter for a while. It appears nobody on here has a desire to seriously discuss my points on the matter at the present time anyway.
if you were the same way there and you are and you even post the exact same posts there as you do here word for word. a bit obsessive aren't you?
All of the posts on PinkFloyd.org were recently deleted by accident during a make-over of the site. I posted numerous posts on there from here to try to get the wheels rolling. Excuse me for actually trying to be a member of a Pink Floyd message board, GUEST.

On PinkFloyd.org, much like I have here, I have commented on the Syd Barrett "stalker video," posted some thoughts on Roger's DVD, started a thread asking if David Gilmour is using the name Pink Floyd by having his DVD advertised on the Floyd's official home page (Which Keith started on here. I feel this WAS a good thread until the end of the second page.), posted the piece "Syd's mental state," answered the question of "Does Roger sing enough when he tours?," commented on Rick Wright's solo albums, posted an analysis which debunks the myth that TFC is more of a solo album than MLOR, posted the PF vocals list (You will find the same sort of thing on numerous Pink Floyd fan sites now), discussed Vernon Fitch's latest book (Pink Floyd: The Press Reports), and wrote a post which poses the question "How will people look back on Pink Floyd many years from now?"

Obsessed with Pink Floyd? Well, you'd have to like the Floyd quite a bit to participate on a Pink Floyd message board, right?

Again, I'm sorry for trying to spark some interesting discussion. Apparently you, GuitarPlayer AKA Guest #12165677822323238, who won't even take the time to register a handle, bring so much more to this Pink Floyd message board and the one at PinkFloyd.org. You have done a great deal more than simply asserting, without examples to backup your claim, I bash Gilmour. Oh wait, that's all you've done on here. Instead of only berating me for attempting to spark some fascinating discussion and posting my thoughts, perhaps YOU should give it a go like I have done?

I hope this post is fine, Keith.
Guitarplayer

Post by Guitarplayer »

sorry man but the lengthy post you were dissecting was not mine but a different guest altogether. i forgot to put my name on the post i made after that one so they both read guest but that long one aint mine.

and as far as you and me of the webmaster says stop then it stops.

webmaster...to you only i apologize.
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

By the way, TDB is so much better than ATD, ATD is a peice of s*it and you can tell Waters just isn't putting up the effort.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Re: Gilmour and PinkFloyd.co.uk

Post by rollinder »

It's only a one page ad with a link to the promo clips player - there's one link to it in the main site (as far as I could find) and that's only visable if you click on the top squares between pink floyd & Echoes.
If Roger was with Capitol/EMI and not Sony they'd probebly be advertising his stuff here too. I subscribed to both the Syd and Floyd mailing lists last year - The Pink Floyd list plugged Syd's best of, the Syd list the echoes promoting Crazy Diamond contest.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

rollinder wrote:
If Roger was with Capitol/EMI and not Sony they'd probebly be advertising his stuff here too.
Roger's management could have easily bought PinkFloyd.com when it was put up for sale in September of 2001. The fact of the matter is David Gilmour's DVD is being advertised on Pink Floyd's official homepage. In contrast, Roger's DVD was advertised at his own trademark domain, http://www.roger-waters.com (http://Www.rogerwaters.com). I feel David should be advertising his DVD on his trademark domain, http://www.davidgilmour.com.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

Roger's website is owned by Sony the only part Roger seems to have had anything to do with is a message about possible themes for a new album.
rollinder
Blade
Blade

Post by rollinder »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:I feel David should be advertising his DVD on his trademark domain, http://www.davidgilmour.com.
The site wassn't origanally his; http://arbiter.wipo.int/domains/decisio ... -1459.html

"The Respondent registered the disputed domain name with the intention of using it as a means for fans of David Gilmour and Pink Floyd to communicate and share their memories and views of their experiences from these artists throughout their lives. At the time of registration, the respondent also intended making a formal request for a licence to provide any exclusive merchandise available from David Gilmour or Pink Floyd."
but the rest of the page suggests the domain name was only registered for selling on.

It looks like David Gilmour Music only owns this domain to stop it being abused.
bertblotto
Embryo
Embryo

David has every right to promote himself!

Post by bertblotto »

Look folks,
Like it or not, Pink FLoyd is still together, with David as its major creative force. That is a simple fact. So he's got a side project going on...why shouldn't he be able to promote it on the site?
If Mick Jagger's solo album was advertised on the Rolling Stones site, I wouldn't mind. Its the perfect place to advertise!
If and when Rick Wright comes out with another solo album, I hope it's advertised on the PF site as well!

So :P on all of you!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

What on earth is going on here? It's a Pink Floyd website! The Pink Floyd website, official-wise. I can't even figure out how to get back to where I once belonged. Cheeky definite. Genius, though.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Look folks,
Like it or not, Pink FLoyd is still together, with David as its major creative force. That is a simple fact.

Here are some other simple facts:

The year is 2003.
The Division Bell came out in 1994.

You can pretty much say they're all but together now...
So he's got a side project going on...why shouldn't he be able to promote it on the site?
Here's a better question: Why isn't he also promoting the DVD on HIS trademark domain (http://www.davidgilmour.com)? Why does he seemingly have to use the trademark domain for Pink Floyd to promote his own work?

What bothers me the most are the hypocrites who cried when Roger Waters' shows were advertised by some promoters with the line "The creative genius behind Pink Floyd." When David's DVD is advertised on the official Pink Floyd website by his own management, they don't say a word. Hypocrisy? Obviously.
If and when Rick Wright comes out with another solo album, I hope it's advertised on the PF site as well!
Rick's Broken China was advertised on his trademark domain.

Roger's ITF was advertised on his trademark domain.

Why won't David use his own trademark domain to promote his own work?
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Some individuals simply have this opinion of Roger Waters and his solo career, and his new band.. and they call him names like asshole, ego maniac, and they make all of these accusations when in reality they have no earthly idea what they are talking about.

Yet for those people it is okay for them to make negative, rude statements yet when you speak negative about somebody like poor Ricky Wright or especially David, you are sinning and they will not accept it. That is just absurd.

Roger and David are everday people like you and I, they have their bad moments. Roger hasn't probably always been polite in his younger days but these days he is for the most part. David not too long ago on a bootleg while performing Pink Floyd songs and his solo material was asked if a Pink Floyd reunion was coming.. Dave responds with "Who gives a fu*k?... That isn't very nice yet just because of that I don't declare from now til the end of time that David Gilmour is a smart ass and hates his fans and hates talkign about Pink Floyd...

Get real people, they are human beings. They all have bad days and make mistakes.. If I can't say a cross word about Dave or Nick or Rick yet can hear tons of bad mouthing about Roger... then what kinda board is this, what kinda fans are you?
softy
Embryo
Embryo

Post by softy »

mlor and tdb are the worst gilmour soolo-albums(maybe that's why the labeled it as pink floyd.