Syd's Mental State

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

How has this soul helped him accomplish what seems to be a great desire to live away from the prying eyes of obsessive fans.
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Bong wrote:How has this soul helped him accomplish what seems to be a great desire to live away from the prying eyes of obsessive fans.
Apparently, he has not accomplished that. People still hound him to this day (stalker footage, etc).

Having been slightly "off" at times myself, I know that the last thing i want is the prying eyes of the public on me.

Syd was a genius. What happened to him was unfortunate. We can speculate all we want buy I can tell you one thing from experience: mass consumption of psycheldelics for any period of time can open up things or places in your mind that make it hard to closee them or shut them off. That is why Syd spent alot of time in front of the tv, i believe. The need for the constant stimulation that the drugs give.

In any event, a very sad story.
Ernst
Embryo
Embryo

ok

Post by Ernst »

I think that there must be some people that would like to be with him not looking for an autograph, but for human compasion, the ability of humans to help other people in need. I would do it for nothing, justo for the mere pleasure of helping him. Not for his genius, because of his human condition.
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

I'd have some beers wit him but the endless watching of the tv spewing out its nonstop stream of sewage just makes me want t5o puke. That is wy i only watchmovies so i can cuntrol whats coming out of the box in my pl.ace. but hey man to each there own i hate tv except for red green and the drew carey show. those are ha ha funny. so if syd iss crazy just leave the guy alone no running up to him and hey were you in pink flyod? thats probally why the poor guy is nut in the first place besides alll the drugs. I know psychodelic drugs can screw with you man. But you notice syd never complains about geting royaltys. So it probally dont bothetr him to much!!!
bong
Hammer
Hammer

Post by bong »

madcap69 wrote:I'd have some beers wit him but the endless watching of the tv spewing out its nonstop stream of sewage just makes me want t5o puke. That is wy i only watchmovies so i can cuntrol whats coming out of the box in my pl.ace. but hey man to each there own i hate tv except for red green and the drew carey show. those are ha ha funny. so if syd iss crazy just leave the guy alone no running up to him and hey were you in pink flyod? thats probally why the poor guy is nut in the first place besides alll the drugs. I know psychodelic drugs can screw with you man. But you notice syd never complains about geting royaltys. So it probally dont bothetr him to much!!!
what the hell did you just say??x
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

guess i dont got to tell you now since i saw were bannned. you meanie Bong.