"Yes" and "Pink Floyd"

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Speaking of Yes: Chris Squire(Bassist of Yes) & Alan White(Drummer of Yes) particiate in a cover of Comfortably Numb on An All Star Tribute To Pink Floyd.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Useful Idiot »

Gonzo wrote:Speaking of Yes: Chris Squire(Bassist of Yes) & Alan White(Drummer of Yes) particiate in a cover of Comfortably Numb on An All Star Tribute To Pink Floyd.
I have that album. Stay the living hell away from it. I got it as a birthday present and was amazed at how uninspired and boring it was as a whole. Just stick to the original songs.
SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Useful Idiot wrote:
Gonzo wrote:Speaking of Yes: Chris Squire(Bassist of Yes) & Alan White(Drummer of Yes) particiate in a cover of Comfortably Numb on An All Star Tribute To Pink Floyd.
I have that album. Stay the living hell away from it. I got it as a birthday present and was amazed at how uninspired and boring it was as a whole. Just stick to the original songs.
Words of wisdom.
Heikki
Blade
Blade

Post by Heikki »

Isn't that the cd with Glenn Hughes singing Young Lust? I've only heard that song.
Dr Mikey
Embryo
Embryo

Speaking as a Yes Head

Post by Dr Mikey »

Well folks, I am a Yes Head, as a matter of fact. Despite what any Yes Head says in public, they'd be lying if they didn't admit to the superiority of Pink Floyd through all it's changes; for they have stayed on task while Yes has wandered, often directionlessly.

I remember when Bruford (the drummer) left Yes for King Crimson and then a couple years later reading a review of the King Crimson Album "Red" in Rolling Stone. The writer said something to the effect that while Yes marvelled at the world King Crimson grabbed it by the balls. Ditto for Pink Floyd.

I think it is Pink Floyd's ability to grab balls that has always place them higher up the food chain in most people's opinions.

Many of my favorite songs are by Yes. I made most of the graphics for the Yes WebRing and even have a Yes web page that while nothing like Keith's setup "ain't bad" as we say in Tennessee. But there have been some real low points with Yes as well. If I ever hear "Circus of Heaven" again I'll stick my fingers down my throat and puke, I swear to God.

Yes sir - Take it from a Yes head: it's all about the testes. (Please no jokes about Jon Anderson's voice)

Mike Ward

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
Useful Idiot
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Speaking as a Yes Head

Post by Useful Idiot »

Dr Mikey wrote:I think it is Pink Floyd's ability to grab balls that has always place them higher up the food chain in most people's opinions.
Sorry, but I had to laugh at this.

Anyway, very good post.