The Times Rich List

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

So david is not fat afterall - its just his money belt :twisted:
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

Keith Jordan wrote:I wrote a little news feature here...

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=04&id=0418

It seems his ex-wife got the 22 million from their divorce!
So my guess was right! Was it the lovely wife from In The Flesh documentary and Three Wishes video? Poor Rog. :(
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

yep that was her. Poor Roger.
At least he will always have me.
Jack Dempsey
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jack Dempsey »

Libbywaters74D wrote:yep that was her. Poor Roger.
At least he will always have me.
:roll: :lol: :roll: :lol: :roll: :lol:
floydbabe
Blade
Blade

Post by floydbabe »

You'll have to fight me for that man Libby :D
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

I can't belive I said that
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

You know i read these things and i just feel apalled at it all. Good luck to someone if they want to go out and make a name for themselves but these people do not need all this amount of money, it's obscene.
I read in the paper yesterday about possibly 14 million people could be at risk of starvation in eritrea and ethiopia, band aid country. and yet we have here an example of wealth gone mad. As i have said, it's just obscene when you think so many people struggle each and everyday to even feed themselves and people are dying because the healthcare in their country is so poor yet we have that smug little ruskie billionaire at Chelsea right at the top of the list with that obscene amount of money, instead of spending all those millions on greedy footballers, maybe he should think about donating a LARGE proportion of his wealth to actually do some good in this world......................it all makes me feel sick.
floydbabe
Blade
Blade

Post by floydbabe »

Agreed Moodyblues. Who is it who has all those cars? I can't remember. Anyway, how can buying cars etc. be more important than saving lives? Just an example of idiocy. In my humble opinion anyway. I mean, buy your flashy house, car etc. but sitting on all that money.. When people in third world countries have no food, die of malnutrition and starvation, diseases that can be easily cured and so on. Not to mention diseases like AIDS that are affecting more and more people. I would definitely not feel good knowing that the cost of all my cars alone could save hundreds, possibly thousands of lives. Hey P Diddy did ya know your bling could save starving children? Eh?

Whew, getting off soapbox now :shock:
ecisgodtwo
Axe
Axe

Post by ecisgodtwo »

I get angered by this every single day, because every day on the TV I'm reminded of it! That's why I try to stay away from the TV. The other day I saw a few minutes of what the cost was for Tiger Woods wedding and I literally got pains in my stomach from it! The excess that the wealthy people of this world have is sickening and I'm getting tired of constantly being reminded of the fact that they can have 20 cars, 5 houses and pay obscene amounts of money just on a pair of underwear, for f**k's sake, while I have to work at a horrible job for 8 hours everyday, drive a car that is falling apart and take a shower with a wall that is falling to pieces until I can save enough money to get it fixed! Uh oh, I better stop or I might break my computer and I can't afford to buy a new one! :lol:
phalmachine
Embryo
Embryo

Post by phalmachine »

Surely the reason that Rick Wright isn't on the list is because he doesn't live in the UK. He lives in the States (tax exile allegedly) doesn't he?

This is great forum site BTW, I should post here more often.
Powderfinger
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Powderfinger »

I think it's a little strange (that isn't the word I'm looking for) that you accuse those rich people for not giving large amounts of money to charity. Compared to those people you both mentioned, you are very rich, so I could say: why don't you give large amounts on money to those who need it more.
OK, you need more of your money then those people who have such much money, but I think it's the same thing, actually.