Ca Ira Video Download

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

You like the music?

Yes
70%
Its okay
21%
No
10%

Total votes: 146

simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Im not sure if it should but it makes me laugh. I love the intro, really nice piece up until about 2.40 when it does indeed go a bit spaghetti western altho I was more tempted to sing ''where did you get that hat, where did you get that hat''. And Spinoza, I can point out the difference between this and the Webber stuff, its something of a blindingly obvious one to be honest, they sound different. Not really a lot of rock crossover going on in Ca Ira which I think is something people might have been expecting due to Waters' past. I dont think theres enough to go on in that clip really and the sound quality is awful as well which doesnt help, Im going to hang on until I can hear the whole thing in good quality before I make my mind up, but so far the verdict is ''amusing'' :D .
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

All this opera stuff is still pretty new to me but I am still enjoying it and looking forward to the entire Ca Ira release.
innertide
Axe
Axe

Post by innertide »

im liking the music, not the singing
but is rog going to be singing on his album at all?

the african drum beat sequence is really cool so is the opening

i would like an instrumental version of this,
but i dont think roger would have it...

if i spent 15 years on something i wouldnt either

very nice thankyou:)

keep talking
nina
moreblues
Knife
Knife

Post by moreblues »

people, you need to have some appreciation for classical music in order to be able to judge this work, and i totally agree with those who said we need to wait till we listen to a better version of the music and the complete work before we can criticize it, but my first impression was positive.