Radiohead

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

a great band indeed.
Enish
Knife
Knife

Re: Radiohead

Post by Enish »

I just started listening to Radiohead via OK Computer and I was very impressed with what I'd heard. I never thought I'd find myself liking a popular modern music act this much, but given how they bear their influences from time to time and how experimental they can be, it was easy for me to find at least one thing to like about them. I have to say that, so far, I like the majority of their output from OK onward. I think Pablo Honey and The Bends sound a little too generic for my taste.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

I've got issues, as they say, with RH but by and large I like them. I've been getting into the lattest album more and more. Unfortunatley since getting rid of my Apple devices my O.K computer mp3 files don't play on my new phone. Might get the c.d outta the library and try and reinstall it. It's either that or pretend to like my brother just to get his. ha ha ha.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Radiohead are finally touring Australia again, grabbed a ticket to one of their shows this morning!
Enish
Knife
Knife

Post by Enish »

Right now, Radiohead is touring certain parts of the U.S., then heading off to the rest of the world. I hope they come back to my area.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re:

Post by moom »

moom wrote:a great band indeed.
Ok, editing my old post... an ALRIGHT band, indeed. When they're on top, they are. But when they're beneath, they're bad, unlistenable.
Flying pig437
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Flying pig437 »

Right bunch of plagiarist. I've recently read that exit music (for a film) is ripped off from a Chopin piece called Prelude No. 4 in E Minor
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

At best I find them to be yuck, and at worst they're worse than rancid butter.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Flying pig437 wrote:Right bunch of plagiarist. I've recently read that exit music (for a film) is ripped off from a Chopin piece called Prelude No. 4 in E Minor
Interesting, I just listened to both pieces, both do share a similar harmonic progression but I wouldn't call it plagiarism. It's not even near the Basket Case/Pachelbel rip-off scenario. Simlar harmony, but there's more to a musical piece than just that. And it would be a really really sad world if an harmonic progression could only be used once, in one song and never again by any other artist. Don't you think? Most modern songs wouldn't even exist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ef-4Bv5Ng0w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByvzmmEFiQ
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

So do you think the band are going to be prosecuted for that scaffold collapse? They did use their own rigging company apparently. It's not looking good.
Imagine the amount of times they'll have to perform "Creep" to pay off that cost!
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Currently, I think it is an alright band. About the Exit Music comment, I have to agree considering the first half of the song. I believe this song's second half shares even much more similarities with Pink Floyd's Celestial Voices due to the atmosphere created.
I do respect the band for reinventing themselves and having some quality material over the years, though.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

*bump* (Am I allowed to bump a zombie thread that's mainly zombified because Radiohead had vanished off the face of the earth for an age?). Anyhoo they're back. I love the video for this. The mixture of the cutesey stop motion animations we watched on TV as children and the rather sinister goings on in the village. I didn't really like the song when I first heard it but I do now. Hopefully the album will be listenable Radiohead rather than dirgey Radiohead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI2oS2hoL0k
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

"Daydreamer" is even better and the album is released THIS SUNDAY @7pm!
Released physically June 17.

That's a risky wait!
Bigmanpigman
Knife
Knife

Post by Bigmanpigman »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote:"Daydreamer" is even better and the album is released THIS SUNDAY @7pm!
Released physically June 17.

That's a risky wait!
I don't think they are bothered by risk, or even consider it these days. If I remember rightly they put their last album out there on the net and told everybody to just pay what they liked.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

snifferdog wrote:... Anyhoo they're back. I love the video for this. The mixture of the cutesey stop motion animations we watched on TV as children and the rather sinister goings on in the village ...
Agreed, the Wicker Man ending is rather good.

Well 'A Moon Shaped Pool' is out and it is worth a listen, but did not grab me. I'll give it another go in the car but first impressions are this is not a classic.