Doctor Who

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Doctor Who

Post by Tenniru »

Sordel wrote:
oz1701 wrote:as long as they don't camp it up i don't really care anyway - a good story is a good story regardless of the sexual orientation of the characters.
Well, this is the bone of contention for me.
Heh. He said bone.

Sorry, I'm being American. But that doesn't stop me from seeing it before it airs on the Sci-Fi Channel... and The Stolen Earth was the craziest episode I've seen yet. I can't wait to see Journey's End.

Also, that Torchwood episode where everybody started making out with eachother was crap and the reason I didn't bother to follow the series. It felt like Doctor Who if someone took out the time travel and replaced it with edginess. Now, Sarah Jane Adventures, on the other hand, isn't half bad.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

i think most dr who fans would find an adventure with sarah jane not half bad.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

What do the few Whovians on this site think of Matt Smith, the Eleventh Doctor? People are making such a stupid issue out of his age, but he is only two or three years younger than Peter Davison was when he started filming his first episodes, and we all know how fantastic he was. It is not an issue at all! Agh. Fools. He seems to have the eccentricity demanded by the role, so I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do with it.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

I think he could be good. He seems to be a bit quirky like David Tennant. I think it's better too that they've gone for an obscure actor - he'll be more likely to stick around for a while. Christopher Eccleston only stayed for a season.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

I will struggle with the age thing...unjustly, I know. Also, he has a very hard act to follow, imo.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Eccleston was a hard act to follow, but I think Tennant did a pretty damn good job of it.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Does that mean you preferred Eccleston to Tennant?
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

I think the fact that his hair looks like he's been travelling in the Tardis with his head stuck out of the door bodes well for his eccentricity.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

The hair....I was a bit tempted to attack it with a scissors myself. Mind you, most people I know recoil when they see me with a scissors
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

ddebil wrote:Does that mean you preferred Eccleston to Tennant?
I did. I might have preferred Tennant if he had acted with his natural accent instead of a grating mock-Estuary accent.
ddebil
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by ddebil »

Fair point, but I think he portrayed the character of The Doctor far better overall.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

I'm not at all familiar with this Matt Smith character, so I will have to judge his portrayal of the Doctor when I see it.
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Massed Gadgets wrote:I'm not at all familiar with this Matt Smith character, so I will have to judge his portrayal of the Doctor when I see it.
Same.

After the appalling Sylvester McCoy, I thought the Doctor was better off dead, but I have mainly enjoyed the Eccelston and Tennant seasons. The only one I thought was complete crap was the Tennant episode "Love And Monsters". Everything else was at least good, and even classic in the case of a few episodes.
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

Hes pretty good looking i guess

i liked david tennants accent though; one of my favourite people in the world spoke exactly like that. Hes going to be ridiculously hard to follow. Im rather easy to please when it comes to DW but im not easily impressed, and i couldnt actually see myself being thrilled about Mr. Im Replacing Your Favourite David Tennant Sucks For You. Well lets give him a chance, but im just hoping it doesnt suck. Now they also gotta find him a new friend. Like its never good to change everyone at once, i think. Does anyone know if david tennants going to be in all the specials next year? or are they gonna kill him off first chance they get?
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

The 2009 Christmas special will be DT's final episode.