Doctor Who

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
crazy_diamond
Axe
Axe

Re: Doctor Who

Post by crazy_diamond »

finally! Doctor Who is starting in Australia! (the 3rd season)

ive been waiting soooo long for it! i got all of season one and two of the new season and tonnes and tonnes of the older season.

i think David Tennant is probably the best Doctor... probably tied with Tom Baker... and David Tennant is by far the sexiest Doctor :D
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

crazy_diamond wrote:and David Tennant is by far the sexiest Doctor :D
Are you sure?

ladinkent
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ladinkent »

i am a huge dr who fan (not so huge that i have a long scarf tho!!) and get wrapped up in it as soon as it comes on, and anyone who even dares to speak or phone me during an episode is instantly no.1 on my s**t list. there are so very few programmes on tv worth even turning the machine on for, but this is definitely one of them. in my humble opinion david tennent does a better job than christopher ecclestone
ladinkent
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ladinkent »

PublicImage wrote:I thought it was spectacular! It was without a doubt my favourite episode of Doctor Who since it has been brought back. I cannot wait for the next two parts.

I think that John Simm will be great as The Master.
it was a very good one, but not as good as weeping angels, in my humble opinion, for scariness? good to see captain jack making a re-appearance, the two characters play off each other to great effect, and make a good story, very good.
crazy_diamond
Axe
Axe

Post by crazy_diamond »

PublicImage wrote:
crazy_diamond wrote:and David Tennant is by far the sexiest Doctor :D
Are you sure?

hahah! Tom would come a close second :P
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

good to see captain jack making a re-appearance, the two characters play off each other to great effect, and make a good story, very good
I agree - I really didn't like him in Torchwood but he certainly was good in this weeks episode of Dr Who. I don't like the idea he can't die though
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

black bobble wrote:
good to see captain jack making a re-appearance, the two characters play off each other to great effect, and make a good story, very good
I agree - I really didn't like him in Torchwood but he certainly was good in this weeks episode of Dr Who. I don't like the idea he can't die though
Maybe he should wear red and have a hat with a flip down microphone :)
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

crazy_diamond wrote:
PublicImage wrote: Are you sure?

hahah! Tom would come a close second :P

isnt this scan taken from an interview where tom compares Jon pertwee to a tall lightbulb?

watched 1st ep of torchwood - will have to reserve judgement until the 2nd ep due to the profligate interruptions of ad breaks which rather ruined the continuity.

gwen seems too short to be a police officer to me though - unless they have relaxed the rules in uk or im totally out of touch. she also seems a bit slow on her feet - compared to the coppers in the bill.

not that they ever catch the crims they run after cos they always shout "Oy You" and warn them before running after them. :lol:
ladinkent
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ladinkent »

gwen seems too short to be a police officer to me though - unless they have relaxed the rules in uk or im totally out of touch. she also seems a bit slow on her feet - compared to the coppers in the bill.

not that they ever catch the crims they run after cos they always shout "Oy You" and warn them before running after them.

true, she is short, but VERY cute.
british sense of fair play to give the crims the "nod" before chasing them :?
besides we dont have enough space in our prisons for any more. so the more that get away the better :shock: :lol:
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

ladinkent wrote:gwen seems too short to be a police officer to me though - unless they have relaxed the rules in uk or im totally out of touch. she also seems a bit slow on her feet - compared to the coppers in the bill.

not that they ever catch the crims they run after cos they always shout "Oy You" and warn them before running after them.

british sense of fair play to give the crims the "nod" before chasing them :?
besides we dont have enough space in our prisons for any more. so the more that get away the better :shock: :lol:
all too true
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

Captain Jack can't die? Thats a little disappointing, maybe just cause he was such a third wheel between the Dr and Rose, but he was also kind of a manwhore, i found. He was really funny, but im not sure how much id want to see of him? On the other hand, he's in a different context now, which will be good. Besides, im a complete sci-fi dork and want to know everything i can about the dr who universe. :P

I'm also curious; since there were nine, was it?, Dr's before our nice David, whose back for the second year, what was the longest a dr's been around for, in terms of seasons? Would we maybe be seeing a new Dr for the 4th season?

Curious to see who the new dr will be, but not in a rush; David epitomizes fantastic, and has portrayed such a fun and unique personality (and is dashingly handsome, might i add) so he can stay as long as he likes, as far as im concerned. the next Dr will doubtless be great too, as there's such a high standard to be fulfilled.
Last edited by orange floyd on Wed Jun 20, 2007 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

You have a lot to learn, then!
black bobble
Knife
Knife

Post by black bobble »

That's what I thought for starters but she becomes more annoying as the series goes on until I went off her.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

orange floyd wrote:I'm also curious; since there were nine, was it?, Dr's before our nice David, whose back for the second year, what was the longest a dr's been around for, in terms of seasons? Would we maybe be seeing a new Dr for the 4th season?
Here is every Doctor in chronological order:

William Hartnell
Patrick Troughton
Jon Pertwee
Tom Baker (The longest running Doctor)
Peter Davison
Colin Baker
Sylvester McCoy
Paul McGann (Who only did one episode)
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant

David Tennant might be leaving in the next series, but if he does, he definitely won't be gone until somewhere around the middle of the series because they have already started filming with him. There's not much to suggest that he'll be leaving, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
oz1701
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by oz1701 »

PublicImage wrote:
orange floyd wrote:I'm also curious; since there were nine, was it?, Dr's before our nice David, whose back for the second year, what was the longest a dr's been around for, in terms of seasons? Would we maybe be seeing a new Dr for the 4th season?
Here is every Doctor in chronological order:

William Hartnell
Patrick Troughton
Jon Pertwee
Tom Baker (The longest running Doctor)
Peter Davison
Colin Baker
Sylvester McCoy
Paul McGann (Who only did one episode)
Christopher Eccleston
David Tennant

David Tennant might be leaving in the next series, but if he does, he definitely won't be gone until somewhere around the middle of the series because they have already started filming with him. There's not much to suggest that he'll be leaving, but I guess we'll find out soon enough.
if you dont include rowan atkinson your list is correct :lol: