Oasis in the U.S.

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

The best Oasis album is...

Definitely Maybe
8%
(What's The Story) Morning Glory ?
58%
Be Here Now
8%
The Masterplan
No votes
Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants
No votes
Familiar To Millions
No votes
Heathen Chemistry
8%
...don't make me laugh, they're terrible!
17%

Total votes: 12

Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

David Smith wrote:How's that a show must go on rip off?
"Is it any wonder why princes and kings..."
"Oooh, pa, take me home, take me home, take me home..."
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

That's very interesting that it was very praised over there. I'd like to live over there btw... :)

But over here it was rather over looked.. a bit. But they did get a lot of press for it.. after that none of their records really received a whole lot of press or praise.

There was something I really liked about All Around the World.. I still really dig that tune. Stand By Me is also a really good tune imo. It's very pop sounding but that type of pop music I can handle and get into.

Morning Glory is probably better but I just voted for Be Here Now... it's very different.

How was Heathen Chemistry received over there? I really liked Songbird.. and was there a tune on that one called "Getting Older"...? Or was that a Bside or something..? I really, really love that one.
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Heathen Chemistry did very well in Britain. 'Songbird' reached Number 3 - thank cod. I don't hate the song or Oasis but I didn't want that idiot Liam Gallagher to have written a Number 1 single.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Hmmmm Because of this thread I put on Morning Glory this evening. :)

Great record

Did anybody buy that live record they put out? Is it worth getting?

I saw the DVD, Noel has a Black Crowes sticker on his guitar. :)
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Yeah, I've got the live album - Familiar To Millions. It's quite spirited, messy, very 'live', enjoyable. Some formats (not the CD) have a live version (obviously) of 'Helter Skelter'. 8)
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

I advise everyone here to buy the video or dvd of Live By The Sea. It's a concert video of oasis at their very best.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Any of you guys dig Wilco?
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

i havent heard them, almost got the chance to see them at Austin City Limits, but couldnt go. can you recommend some of their best songs to download please?
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Misunderstood
Forget the Flowers
100 Years From Now (gram parsons cover)
Red Eyed and Blue
Jesus Etc

Download all of those and see what ya think
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

alright thanks ill download them later and post my thoughts
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

oh i forgot to mention something. i was talking to some freshman at a track meet, and they really like oasis, i personally am not that familiar with them. this one freshman said "if you could picture the beatles recording in the 90s and not being as good, you've got oasis" is that a fair statement?
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

Tommy wrote:"if you could picture the beatles recording in the 90s and not being as good, you've got oasis" is that a fair statement?
Sorta. But I have to admit I have not followed them since The Masterplan. (What's The Story) Morning Glory? is still a worthy-of-its-acclaim masterpiece IMO.
Last edited by Real Pink in the Inside on Sat Mar 15, 2003 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
NewEarthMud

Post by NewEarthMud »

Yep that's exactly right. But that doesn't mean they are horrible.. it just means the Beatles are that good.

But I really dig Oasis still to this day when it seems many have forgotten about them. They have lasted.. I mean they just put out a record that people talked about sorta in the states... some good reviews so that says a lot...especially for the times we live in today. All mainstream music is ****ty so it's cool to see bands like Oasis still putting out good records and having some minor success with it.