Mr. Waters

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Real Pink in the Inside »

jizhomer wrote:While I'm on the subject, I have never heard any of Gilmours solo stuff. Recommendations would be gladly received!
I think that both of DG's solo albums have some very good musical moments (Ex. Raise My Rent, Let's Get Metaphysical, Murder), along with some not-so-great moments (Can you say Blue Light and You Know I'm Right?).

All in all, I definitely recommend checking them out sometime (I found both of mine in the discount section of two different record stores. You can easily get them at Amazon.com).

I prefer his self-titled debut album.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am going to watch Roger Waters today at the NEC in Birmingham! Can't wait!!! :D :D
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:
jizhomer wrote:While I'm on the subject, I have never heard any of Gilmours solo stuff. Recommendations would be gladly received!
I think that both of DG's solo albums have some very good musical moments (Ex. Raise My Rent, Let's Get Metaphysical, Murder), along with some not-so-great moments (Can you say Blue Light and You Know I'm Right?).

All in all, I definitely recommend checking them out sometime (I found both of mine in the discount section of two different record stores. You can easily get them at Amazon.com).

I prefer his self-titled debut album.
OH, lookie here! I thought I only said bad things about David Gilmour? That's what some would have you believe. Whatever.

Post by Guest »

Back-pedal positioning.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I'm so "anti-Gilmour" I like praising some of his songs that I do enjoy very much! I'm so "anti-Gilmour" that I definitely recommend checking out David Gilmour's two solo albums!

Maybe I'm missing something here?

I thought I was the one who manipulates reality for whatever reason...Hmmmm...

If someone wants to talk about facts with me, I can point you to the fact on June 16th, on this very message board, I said "I think that both of DG's solo albums have some very good musical moments...All in all, I definitely recommend checking [David Gilmour's solo albums] out sometime."

All of you "guests" can continue to berate me GROUNDLESSLY until you're out of air. I find it quite amusing, to be brutally honest.

I love David Gilmour the musician. I feel he was integral to the history of our beloved Pink Floyd. What I don't like is how David Gilmour the person, in my opinion, ruined the magical legacy of Pink Floyd.

Anti-Gilmour? Whatever.

Post by Guest »

Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Anti-Gilmour? Whatever.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..it's a duck
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Anonymous wrote:
Real Pink in the Inside wrote:Anti-Gilmour? Whatever.
If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..it's a duck
Call a spade a spade eh??

R.piti, I enjoy your posts on the forum as they are very carefully crafted and considered. I know you enjoy that. I do wish you would stop hammering the same point all the time though that Roger is indeed God himself. I believe he is very special indeed (Roger too! :lol: ) but the Floyd were a great creative unit. I know you appreciate that point because you are an intelligent man.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion and I encourage you to be argumentative but not disagreeable. Argumentative in the sense of putting your opinion across with facts to support it (as you always do with attention to the finest detail) but disagreeable in the sense of being aggressively persistent with people. Let it go joe! :)
Spinoza
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spinoza »

KJNPF wrote: "putting your opinion across with facts to support it"

Facts are always "events" interpreted by an someone, with his own unproven propositions, who interprets them.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

I like Roger too, but the fact remains that he is the one who left Pink Floyd when the others weren't ready to disband yet. His mistake was thinking that the band would die without him; Big mistake. Now those are the only true facts about this. Everything else is a matter of personal opinion.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

I too prefer the first DG solo album, although ABOUT FACE does have some good moments on it. It's just that to these ears DG holds together better as an album, and AF sometimes sounds a bit 80's,much like RADIO KAOS.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

I think the only people who have been disagreeable in here (That is, as you put it, Keith, "disagreeable in the sense of being aggressively persistent with people," and not argumentative in the sense of using facts to support one's opinion) are all of these "guests" (Not like anybody has not caught on as to who they really are). These "guests" persistently call me some "Anti-Gilmour Roger Waters fanatic" without even explaining:

A) How I am Anti-Gilmour, but merely that I am (I think it sounds INCREDIBLY ridiculous to call me Anti-Gilmour in this thread especially. I recommended DG's two solo albums to the board in this very thread. Do I have to say I have dreams of David Gilmour every night to NOT be Anti-Gilmour? :lol: I mean, seriously...It would be very nice if "one" of these "guests" would explain how I am supposedly "Anti-Gilmour")

B) How I am a Roger Waters fanatic, but merely that I am one (Because I like Roger Waters' work? I think there are numerous Pink Floyd fans that do. That doesn't make one a Roger Waters fanatic. For thinking Pink Floyd minus Roger Waters is not really Pink Floyd? I know factually that they are considered Pink Floyd and Roger Waters is no longer a member of "that" band. I admit all that, but I consider them a surrogate band still. I can hold that OPINION, and I do hold it very strongly...Guess what, numerous people who do not even like Roger Waters' solo career think that as well. Thinking Pink Floyd minus Roger Waters is not really Pink Floyd does not make one a Roger Waters fanatic. Maybe in whatever fantasy world these "guests" are living in it does, but someone should give them a newsflash that reality is quite different from the apparent fantasy world they live in. Am I a Roger Waters fan for "pretending Roger Waters is a God"? Bloody heck he's not a god, nor is he THE God. Every human on this planet is just that: a human being. I even said the other day "Roger Waters is not the greatest bassist on the planet…" Do you think any die-hard Roger Waters fanatic would admit something like that? Do you think the hardest of the hardcore on REG would admit that? I mean, cut this childish "Roger Waters fanatic, Anti-Gilmour" crap please. I think it's getting quite ridiculous)
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

quicksilver wrote:His mistake was thinking that the band would die without him; Big mistake. Now those are the only true facts about this.
"I didn't decide that the band would have to die. I expressed my view that that would have been the best thing. I would be distressed if Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr made records and went on the road calling themselves The Beatles. If John Lennon's not in it, it's sacrilegious. I don't want to put words into Dave's mouth but from what I've read I have a suspicion his view would be that a lot of people would hold the view that it wasn't OK to go on calling the band Pink Floyd when Syd ceased to function. The body of work that the four of us produced together post-Syd has some of that connection to the same things that The Beatles' work has a connection to, and that for me makes Pink Floyd important. And to continue with Gilmour and Mason, getting in a whole bunch of other people to write the material, seems to me an insult to the work that came before. And that's why I wanted the name to retire."

- Roger Waters

Post by Guest »

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck..it's a duck. Rubber noses and glasses just can't disguise it.
Real Pink in the Inside
Judge!
Judge!

How is life in

?

:lol: