Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Torrent/MPEG

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
t_bone9600
Embryo
Embryo

Post by t_bone9600 »

animaux wrote: did you try rebooting?
might also have to exit from any running programs temporarily (virus scanners, spyware scanners, etc)

I tried this but it didn't work. It did the same thing. I have another version that is an mpeg as well and it does the same thing. Codec or player problem? Recommended fixes?
animaux
Embryo
Embryo

Post by animaux »

[quote="t_bone9600"][quote="animaux"]
did you try rebooting?
might also have to exit from any running programs temporarily (virus scanners, spyware scanners, etc)[/quote]

I tried this but it didn't work. It did the same thing. I have another version that is an mpeg as well and it does the same thing. Codec or player problem? Recommended fixes?[/quote]

someone (sorry i forgot your name!) messaged me it was a codec problem...
alejandro_em
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Updated

Post by alejandro_em »

Hi, i spent almost 3 days! trying to get the bitorrent file, i was on my pc downloading and suddenly the speed started to get slow and slow, then the file got an error, i tried to re-started the file but i can't complete it, it was almost at 98% to complete it, can anybody help me please?.
hazchem
Axe
Axe

Post by hazchem »

Glad to see this was available so quickly...cheers to the Big Man! I dont think any true Pink Floyd fan ever in their life thought that they would see the band together ever again and then....just like that......BLAM..... they are together! I dont think anyone can rule out a new album realease within the next couple of years. I would go as far as to say that they could not tour with their old stuff because there are far to many great songs from Divisional bell and Momentary Lapse that make referances to Roger and his attitude in leaving ect. You can see from their faces on stage that they genuinley loved being togethere again! Surely this is somthing they would not throw away...there is still plenty of life left in the old buggers yet!
animal77
Axe
Axe

Post by animal77 »

THANKS KEITH!!!!! :lol: :lol:
kilo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kilo »

2 days ive been trying to get the bit torrent and it still hasnt downloaded anything ? can anyone help?
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

did it download completely nothing or just a very small bit?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

kilo wrote:2 days ive been trying to get the bit torrent and it still hasnt downloaded anything ? can anyone help?
If you have downloaded the torrent file and opened it so that it opens the torrent window thingy, then it should download. If it is not, then perhaps you are behind a firewall? You will either have to cinfigure your firewall/router properly or switch it off temporarily.

Your download speed is proportional to your upload speed by the way. No free lunches.
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Post by orange floyd »

I think that *everyone's* life would be so much easier if someone posted it on yousendit. (please? I'll be your best friend! :P )

http://www.yousendit.com/

My computer is evil and wont let me play the Torrent one. :(
kilo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kilo »

firewall turned off since first time i tried to d/l it tryed again and it asks me where to save it ? i tell it where it then closes that window and has the main bit torrent window open but d/load and u/load are 0kb/s all the time?.....i think im just gonna have to wait for the dvd :cry: :cry:
kilo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kilo »

yes.yes.yes :lol: :lol: :lol: its started downloading!! :lol: i think i'll leave my comp alone till its finished now.
and thanks keith for doing all this in the first place you are a god.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Finished downloading it this AM, but it won't play.

I even copied it to a different computer with the latest QuickTime (7.01) and it doesn't open there, either...says it's "not a file that Quicktime understands."

I have lots of mpegs that play just fine on quicktime.

Hmmmm....anyone have any ideas? I'm on Mac OSX.
Caveman-801
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Caveman-801 »

Keith,
I've checked out your site many times over the years. You have done a hell of a job. Now, thanks to Floyd, I have a reason to sign up. Glad to see there is new technology to fight trhough to find the prize. I gave up downloading after being stonewalled by FTP (firewall at work made it a challange). This bit torrent is a whole new load of fun. I have the audio, no video yet (I'll figure it out soon enough). I just wanted to thank you for the tunes and to comment on how awesome your site has become.

P.S. Are you still in contact with Jeff? I lost touch when my computer spontaneously combusted a few years back (dozens of computers spontaneously combust every year. It's just not widely reported).

Thanks again!!!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Caveman-801 wrote:P.S. Are you still in contact with Jeff? I lost touch when my computer spontaneously combusted a few years back (dozens of computers spontaneously combust every year. It's just not widely reported).

Thanks again!!!
Jeff who?? I know a few!! :)
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:Hmmmm....anyone have any ideas? I'm on Mac OSX.
Sorry, Pugs, no mac-experience here...