Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Torrent/MPEG

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

I found a solution:

If anyone else is having problems with Quicktime and you're on a Mac using OS X 10.2 or higher, here's a program to use instead:

VLC Media Player 0.8.2 (Freeware!)
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/morei ... &mode=info

Works great!
Caveman-801
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Caveman-801 »

Keith,
I was checking on Jeff @ Furthurmore. I saw he retired his site (I'm sure you can appreciate that).
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Caveman-801 wrote:Keith,
I was checking on Jeff @ Furthurmore. I saw he retired his site (I'm sure you can appreciate that).
I dont believe I was in any sort of regular contact with that Jeff. I am sure he was a good man though! :D
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

does anyone know if that 18 MB video is available elsewhere? :cry:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Eclipse wrote:does anyone know if that 18 MB video is available elsewhere? :cry:
It was shit and the audio and video were out of sync with oneanother. :(
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

ah thank god i didn't get it then :)
Caveman-801
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Caveman-801 »

{I dont believe I was in any sort of regular contact with that Jeff. I am sure he was a good man though!}

Sorry, I thought you two were compadres a few years back in the Floyd -site hosting (I thought I remember you working together on some projects). I think listening to Animals too many times with headphones has affected my memory (at least that's what I'm blaming it on).

Jeff's a great dude - as I'm sure you are. Thanks again for the downloads (I also scooped down the DSoTM electronic press kit). I'm glad to know there is yet another reason to buy that album again. I've already bought it on 8-track, album and CD. I hope Floyd appreciates it!

It might be easier to get Floyd to play again on a decent TV station so we can all tape them ourselves. Looks like a lot of people are fighting technology to get the goods. Maybe we will all learn something in our quest for Floyd. That's the good news. By the time they play together again, the technology will surely change and we'll get to learn something new. That, my friends, is not only the bad news but the reality.

P.S. - I'm not sure I've ever been dubbed an embryo before. I can't wait to grow up!
t_bone9600
Embryo
Embryo

Post by t_bone9600 »

Hey all,
Sorry to be a burden but I'm still having trouble with the sound on the video. I tried updating codecs, restarting, using different players and they all do the same thing. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

t_bone9600 wrote:Hey all,
Sorry to be a burden but I'm still having trouble with the sound on the video. I tried updating codecs, restarting, using different players and they all do the same thing. Any other ideas?

Thanks.
What OS are you using?
Rostis
Embryo
Embryo

Codec problems

Post by Rostis »

Hi. Not the first (and certainly not the last ) one to have problems to run this. Windows media player 10 tells me that I am missing a codec. Which one and where do I find it? Please help me, I am dying to see the show.
Jangus
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jangus »

Hmm.. Dave doesnt sound too good. Roger looks way way happy. Did you hear Nick's bad entrance on Money (if not, its probably thevideo I downloaded)? He dragged the beat down. Otherwise it was pretty good.

And it sounds kind of dry or quiet or something. Something seems to be missing.
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:I found a solution:

If anyone else is having problems with Quicktime and you're on a Mac using OS X 10.2 or higher, here's a program to use instead:

VLC Media Player 0.8.2 (Freeware!)
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/morei ... &mode=info

Works great!
EUREKA SON!!!

We have a winner. Thanks so much for this. After 3 long days of rasslin with this, you've found the key.

It does indeed work great!
Lord Ghaleon
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Lord Ghaleon »

Jangus wrote:Hmm.. Dave doesnt sound too good. Roger looks way way happy. Did you hear Nick's bad entrance on Money (if not, its probably thevideo I downloaded)? He dragged the beat down. Otherwise it was pretty good.

And it sounds kind of dry or quiet or something. Something seems to be missing.
Nick didn't miss the beat. He came in on the timed beat of the money sounds. ROGER was fast and ahead of the beat. Listen to it again. It's no synch problem! Nick cues his time from the money sounds (in his headsets) and came in on the right beat. AFTER the sounds went out, he caught up on the tempo everyone else was playing on.
Evilio
Axe
Axe

Post by Evilio »

I'm assuming my chances of getting a DVD quality file that doesn't involve these torrent things is nil? I was able to get hold of some DVD quality files on WinMX yesterday, but for some reason they stopped downloading (after a minute of footage) and refused to start again.
I guess I'll just have to wait for the offical DVD.
alejandro_em
Embryo
Embryo

Post by alejandro_em »

Nobody told me about my problem with the video, i don't know why j have alot of problems with it, this is the 4th time i try to get it, dunno what i do, maybe it will be better still waiting for the official dvd or maybe another site where they put the video without the bittorrent.

I'm really sad about it! :( :( ....please help me if u can, i'm feeling down!