Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Torrent/MPEG

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
alecsus
Embryo
Embryo

Post by alecsus »

oh yeah, it sure works. it took me some 6 and a half hours to download the file and I could only play it with VLC media player (divx or windows media player didn't work). the quality of sound and picture is very good.
and to see them all 4 again, playing, it really is like a dream...Almost incredible.
aj2004
Embryo
Embryo

great quality but laggy sound on VCD

Post by aj2004 »

THANKS for the great download! finished in just over 1 hour! it plays perfectly on VLC for OSX but in Windows, WMP plays it retardedly out-of-sync (due to its lack of capability to download codecs). it plays exactly the same on a VCD burned with Nero. which codec would i need to get and would this solve the VCD out-of-sync problem?
grantchestermeadows
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grantchestermeadows »

I'm having problems opening the file. I downloaded it correctly, I believe, on my MAC OSX but Quicktime says that it doesn't understand the file and Windows Media says it's an invalid file. Please help. Thank you!
Floydian Slip
Axe
Axe

Post by Floydian Slip »

Can anyone tell me how long the download takes?
I left the program running overnight (in the hope that I'd have the complete file, and also shared it out a bit) but when I checked it in the morning there was only 13% downloaded. I'm trying again but it's only at around 5kbs. I read somewhere that the d/l speed is relative to the upload speed.
I've tried sliding the upload speed bar to the maximum, but it doesn't seem to help any?

I'm a real idiot with most of this kinda stuff, so if anyone can help me in language normally reserved for 5 year olds with learning difficulties, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Anyone? I've at this for days now and I'm getting nowhere!

The u/l speed is now around 20 kbs, but the d/l is still mainly 1kbs or sometimes 0kbs!

My internet connection is 512kbs.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

[/quote]
alecsus
Embryo
Embryo

Post by alecsus »

well, my download took some 6 an a half hours. with a speed of 22-30 kbps. sure, it depends on the connection, how stable it is. sometimes u get disconnected. the upload speed was somewhat around 6-7 kbps
when i finished downloading, the upload was only about 15% of the size i downloaded
i left the download open until reached 22%, then closed it, and everything was fine.
Floydian Slip
Axe
Axe

Post by Floydian Slip »

Is there anything I can do increase the d/l speed? It's always below 5? How can I get it to 20-30?
dan newling
Embryo
Embryo

Post by dan newling »

just like to say great to see the boys playing again. The last time i saw pink floyd was when i was about 12 years old :wink: my dad took me to see them in concert in australia.
now im 28 and still a big fan. that concert will live in my memory for ever.
just hope they jump back on the tour bus again so that my dad and i can relive another special moment together again.PLEASE INFLATE THE PIG AND LET IT FLY AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
grantchestermeadows
Embryo
Embryo

Post by grantchestermeadows »

Nevermind, I just downloaded vlc and everything works great. THANK YOU!
Floydian Slip
Axe
Axe

Post by Floydian Slip »

OK guys, it's been another 8 hours and it's still only 61% !!

I don't understand why it's taking so long - the computer is new, I have broadband (512) and I've followed all the instructions.

PLEASE, PLEASE can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Floydian Slip wrote:OK guys, it's been another 8 hours and it's still only 61% !!

I don't understand why it's taking so long - the computer is new, I have broadband (512) and I've followed all the instructions.

PLEASE, PLEASE can someone tell me where I'm going wrong?
You're probably not doing anything wrong at all. I had one torrent file take over a whole day to complete.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

Yeah my file took 3 days to download...maybe not enough seeders. Anyway it opened and played using only Windows Media Player 8 and looks great!

One question: Was there much more to the heartbeat intro than what they showed on TV? That was the best intro they could have used IMHO...that just gives me chills seeing the familiar animation.

Also I think that looped animation of the DSOTM record playing on the screen would be a great screensaver ;)
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

I have another question a week onward. i was finally able to get the file downloaded and functional on my Mac. I burned a dvd of the file so I could watch it on my TV with proper sound system and all. Problem is the file will only burn in PAL format, and I live in America where only NTSC is usable. Is there another file out there in NTSC format? Or, is there a reasonably simple way to convert PAL to NTSC without me having to buy Final Cut Pro for $699. (No relation to that Final Cut :wink: )

I thank you in advance if you have the key to this lock.
Blue Prism
Blade
Blade

Post by Blue Prism »

I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread, but is it true that the only media player that will work is VLC? It's the only thing that worked so far for me. Not a chance with WMP.

Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

All of these players work for me without any glitches:

Windows Media Player
WinAmp
InterVideo WinDVD

RealPlayer and Quicktime will not play it. And the reason it plays fine is because I read through the posts here and found one that suggested I download current codecs. The URL was even posted :wink: How bout that :lol:
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

Blue Prism wrote:I haven't had a chance to read through the whole thread, but is it true that the only media player that will work is VLC? It's the only thing that worked so far for me. Not a chance with WMP.

I downloaded VLC and it works great. Now I need to figure out how to burn a usable DVD.