Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Torrent/MPEG

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Blue Prism
Blade
Blade

Post by Blue Prism »

Heh-heh, it's good to know that WMP actually does work--too bad I didn't have the patience to look through the whole thread. :oops:

Slowview didn't work for me either, BTW, just in case you were wondering (which you probably weren't).

Yes, a useable VCD is next on the agenda, and the saga continues....

dan newling
Embryo
Embryo

its easy!

Post by dan newling »

i see everyone is having problems im not on broadband and each song took me 20mins each. dont save it to realplayer or quicktime it plays perfectly on winamp. all i did was right click the song and save target as
and thats how easy it is!
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

grelch: Most video editing and burning software I have (though I have a PC) can convert from NTSC to PAL, and at least for PC there are lots of free downloads that do this too, so you should probably be able to find something without spending much. I'd check your disc burning software to see if it will convert it automatically before burning the disc (I know Nero does this)....
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

Freddie Mercury wrote:grelch: Most video editing and burning software I have (though I have a PC) can convert from NTSC to PAL, and at least for PC there are lots of free downloads that do this too, so you should probably be able to find something without spending much. I'd check your disc burning software to see if it will convert it automatically before burning the disc (I know Nero does this)....
I'm on a Mac using Toast Titanium. There is the option to select NTSC or PAL. I keep selecting NTSC, but the software switches it back to PAL prior to burn. Maybe I'll see if Nero is available for Macs.
jedimasterdwyer
Axe
Axe

--

Post by jedimasterdwyer »

--
Last edited by jedimasterdwyer on Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
countertop
Embryo
Embryo

Can't Get It To Work

Post by countertop »

Hey folks, I am on an iMac connected through DSL.

I could download the file alright, but can't get it to play. Quicktime keeps giving me this message - "Couldn't open the file "20050702_PinkFloyd_FullConcert.mpg" because it is not a file that QuickTime understands"

Any suggestions?
grelch
Knife
Knife

Re: Can't Get It To Work

Post by grelch »

countertop wrote:Hey folks, I am on an iMac connected through DSL.

I could download the file alright, but can't get it to play. Quicktime keeps giving me this message - "Couldn't open the file "20050702_PinkFloyd_FullConcert.mpg" because it is not a file that QuickTime understands"

Any suggestions?
see Pugs on the Wing's post on page 9 of this thread. That will solve your problem. It did for me, and I have an Imac.
countertop
Embryo
Embryo

Post by countertop »

Thanks Grelch (and thanks Pugs on a Wing)!!!

Are there any good tutorials out there on how to burn a DVD? I have a Superdrive in my iMac but have never actually used it.
jedimasterdwyer
Axe
Axe

--

Post by jedimasterdwyer »

--
Last edited by jedimasterdwyer on Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
countertop
Embryo
Embryo

Video looks horid

Post by countertop »

I downloaded the VLC player - I actually had an earlier version on my computer from a couple of years ago - and it played the file. However there were some serious issues with the quality. First, the image was split with two identical images playing next to each other in the VLC screen. Instead of being rectangular (or even square) each image was about twice as high as it was wide giving a very STRETCHED appearance.

The other problem - and the big one - is that the color is off. There is no black - it comes out as purple and Rogers blue shirt is yellowish/orange and David's acoustic guitar is bright blue.

Are other people seeing a version like this or should I try downloading a new copy?

My brothers birthday is Saturday and i wanted to burn a copy for him. Appreciate any suggestions.
grelch
Knife
Knife

Re: Video looks horid

Post by grelch »

countertop wrote:I downloaded the VLC player - I actually had an earlier version on my computer from a couple of years ago - and it played the file. However there were some serious issues with the quality. First, the image was split with two identical images playing next to each other in the VLC screen. Instead of being rectangular (or even square) each image was about twice as high as it was wide giving a very STRETCHED appearance.

The other problem - and the big one - is that the color is off. There is no black - it comes out as purple and Rogers blue shirt is yellowish/orange and David's acoustic guitar is bright blue.

Are other people seeing a version like this or should I try downloading a new copy?

My brothers birthday is Saturday and i wanted to burn a copy for him.
Appreciate any suggestions.
Wow. The quality was great thru VLC on mine. You can burn the dvd easily enough, but if you are Stateside you'll only be able to view the file on your computer because the burn will be in PAL standard. If you're in the UK or just about anywhere else, the dvd will work for your tv as well, just not in the States.
daydreamer2002
Embryo
Embryo

Post by daydreamer2002 »

Hello everybody,

for those like me that can not install Bit torrent on the PC, is there some possibility to FTP or download the 600 Mega...show !

Thank you in advance for any reply.
rubh
Knife
Knife

Re: the exact date?

Post by rubh »

jedimasterdwyer wrote:I have a simple question -the date for the Live 8 show was July 2nd and it happened in Hyde Park (London) right? Thanks!
yep, u are absolutely correct.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

countertop wrote:Are there any good tutorials out there on how to burn a DVD? I have a Superdrive in my iMac but have never actually used it.
countertop: DVDHelp.com is a great site for DVD and video in general...they have lots of tutorials too.

Also even though your player is playing the file with purple, I bet it might be ok if you burn it to DVD and play it on a TV screen. I doubt it's a problem with the file so I wouldn't bother downloading the whole thing again.
countertop
Embryo
Embryo

Post by countertop »

Thanks Freddie.

Did some investigation and I think somethings wrong with the Video on the computer generally, gonna take it to the Apple Store this weekend and see if they can solve the problem.

I actually started the computer up in SAFE MODE and it played the video perfectly (though there is not sound in SAFE MODE). Will try burning it tonight.