Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Torrent/MPEG

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

countertop wrote:Thanks Freddie.

Did some investigation and I think somethings wrong with the Video on the computer generally, gonna take it to the Apple Store this weekend and see if they can solve the problem.

I actually started the computer up in SAFE MODE and it played the video perfectly (though there is not sound in SAFE MODE). Will try burning it tonight.
You mention Apple store...are you on a Mac? If so, then what is Safe mode? This is new to me! (And I've been using them since 1985!) I'm not a hardcore techie, though, is this something having to do with the command line interface (which scares us non-techies to death)?
jedimasterdwyer
Axe
Axe

--

Post by jedimasterdwyer »

--
Last edited by jedimasterdwyer on Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
countertop
Embryo
Embryo

Post by countertop »

You can enter SAFE MODE by pressing Shift immedialty upon starting the computer.

Startup in Safe Mode takes awhile as it checks the directory structure.
It then loads and runs only required kernel extensions and Apple installed startup items. You can run other programs in it, but it will not play sound, print, and recognize attached devices. Nor will it run non essential kernel extensions - providing the opportunity to check them one by one (which is what I am going to have the Apple store's Genius bar do for me - its that superior customer service thing that PC owners don't know about :P ).

If you need more information, shoot me an email ([email protected])
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

Wow, thanks for that info, countertop!

I guess it's sort of like starting up with extensions off under OS 9 or earlier.
Gemma Follows
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Gemma Follows »

Im downloading the torrent now - slow as a bitch it is - anyways it keeps giving me an error : 20050702_FloydLive8" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string = what does this mean? what do I do? HELP ME!!!
eisendecker
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Brazilian

Post by eisendecker »

ol?, tbm sou do Brasi...

naum consigo baixar o arquivo, d? a seguinte mensagem: "20050702_FloydLive8" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string

algu?m pode me ajudar??
Eclipse wrote:
Ferfloyd wrote:Thanks From Brazil Keith!!!!!
Our hope is that Pink Floyd go on Tour again (With Roger), and came to Brazil...
that's a dream... :wink:
hello there, i'm from Brazil too, bem vindo :wink:

thanks Keith! a video of it is all what i needed, thanks man!

edit: the 18 MB video download doesnt work keith :cry:
Last edited by eisendecker on Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
eisendecker
Embryo
Embryo

Post by eisendecker »

Ops!

The message that apears to me it?s the same: "20050702_FloydLive8" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string "

How this message means?? I?ve been trying to download the archive for the past 7 days... I?m going to be crazy!!!
Gemma Follows wrote:Im downloading the torrent now - slow as a bitch it is - anyways it keeps giving me an error : 20050702_FloydLive8" : bad data from tracker - not a valid bencoded string = what does this mean? what do I do? HELP ME!!!
Ol?rin68
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ol?rin68 »

This was a memorable moment. Big thank Keith for this fabulous gift of the greatest group of the world. 8)
Sylvia
Embryo
Embryo

live at pompeii

Post by Sylvia »

:wink: It`s amazing to see them expressing themselves. thanks god for pink floyd!!![/b]
Bublike
Axe
Axe

Post by Bublike »

Amazing stuff as usual.
Thanks Keith, Wish I Were Here a lil bit more often ;)
orange floyd
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Problem Solved!

Post by orange floyd »

Oh my god, it' OBI WAN!! *points* :P
t_bone9600 wrote:I finally got the sound fixed. It was a decoder problem. If anyone else is having the same problem I DL'd Elecard MPEG-2 Decoder. Problem solved!
Thanks to everyone for your help.

This is where I got it http://www.elecard.com/download/. It's the 12th DL down from the top.
Yeah, now ive got this litte 'dancing' icon that goes across my screen for the whole video and this streaming text on the bottom tells me that my somethingorother has expired and that i have to go register at moonlight.co.il so i went and registered but the 'dancing' icon (actually, tis just taunting me) is still there and i'm mighty fustrated. I also lokoed around the site about something to do with my decoder's license expiring but i found nothing. Any ideas?

(thanks again! :wink: )
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

lol its running at 1kb/sec with 125 hrs to go woo woo
hotmollo
Embryo
Embryo

Live8 (please help)

Post by hotmollo »

hi' there,

Keith, thanx big time for posting the Pink Floyd Live8 session
I have just downloaded this file: http://torrent.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/f ... e8.torrent , and it went well.
The picture is fine but, i don't get any sound on it at all.
Is there anyone having the same problem?
Is there a speciel codex that i'm missing?

Thanx again!!!!!!
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

Chances are, hotmollo, that you lack the most current codec's for your software. There used to be a link to the latest codec downloads available... anyone still have it?
A sure-fire player can be found here but you'll have to buy it after you've used it a while.
Post again if you still have trouble 8)
hotmollo
Embryo
Embryo

Post by hotmollo »

Mooner, thanx for the quick reply :) , i will try this......