Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Torrent/MPEG

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
leonski
Axe
Axe

You are the man!

Post by leonski »

Like everyone else...thanks Keith! I had a buddy of mine Tivo the whole 8hrs not know exactly when they'd hit the stage.....it gave me chills! Thanks again.

Leon
kiluakun
Embryo
Embryo

Post by kiluakun »

wow man!!!

thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx!!!!!

downloading it ;)
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

Thank you very much Keith.

Would anyone care to share how long this download took for them? This is my first attempt at torrent. I figured it was about time to come into the 21st century.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

I've gotten it to my desk top and opening in windows but it then says this...

Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The file is either corrupt or the Player does not support the format you are trying to play.

What should I do next?

thanks

Matt Parish
pinkasimov
Embryo
Embryo

Post by pinkasimov »

floydrocks wrote:And if you don't feel like using Bit Torrent, get DC++ and register at http://www.bootlegarchive.com. Lots of Floyd boots there, plus lots of people are sharing the Live 8 shows in great quality.
I have registered but I'm on Mac and th software don't work for me? :-( is there a way or another to share a torrent file of th whole live 8 shows ?
trollmaster
Embryo
Embryo

Post by trollmaster »

Woah, this torrent thing isn't working... can someone please mail to me? [email protected]
grelch
Knife
Knife

Post by grelch »

I seem to be having 2 issues since I downloaded the files. Someone think they might have an aswer to my quandary?

All of the files downloaded successfully.
1) I converted the long walk pt 1 to an mpeg, but when I open the mpeg I get this response, "QuickTime cannot open the file: "Pink_Floyd_Live 8 -The_ long_ walk_ to_ justice.mpg"
it is not a file that QuickTime understands (-2048)"

2) The second probem occurs when I try to open the remainder of the rar files, I get this message, 'An error occurred while expanding the file"Pink_Floyd_Live 8-The_longwalk_to_justice.part02.rar"(Format erro). Error # 17540

So damned close, and yet still so far....
Eliana
Blade
Blade

Post by Eliana »

Why don't you try Winamp? I didn't have any problems to open the files.
zamana
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Updated

Post by zamana »

http://torrent.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/f ... e8.torrent (629MB)

What about that original file? It's just 9% to finish. Where it is?
ShiningDiamondDave
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Updated

Post by ShiningDiamondDave »

Keith Jordan wrote:You are on the right page for downloading a DVD quality MPEG video file to play on your computer or burn to disc. If you need any help, just ask and someone should be able to help you.

The instructions are very simple below. Just follow them carefully and you shouldnt go wrong!

Simple Download Instructions

1 - If you dont yet have it, download and install the Bit Torrent client program from here. There are both PC and MAC versions available. Most people have a PC! This software is used to allow you to download the files to your computer from our "network".

2 - Right-Click on the link below and save the torrent file to your computer, i.e, your desktop. It is a small file which connects the Bit Torrent software to our network. Open the torrent file by clicking on it. When the Bit Torrent program pops up, select where you would like to save the files to on your computer and press OK to start downloading!

http://torrent.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/f ... e8.torrent (629MB)

3 - When the download completes, please leave your "download window" open until you have uploaded at least as much as you have downloaded. Do not open or move the downloaded files until step 3 is complete.

4 - When you have finished uploading, simply open the MPEG file by clicking on it (once or twice fast depending on your settings). It will probably open with Windows Media Player.

If you need any help, just ask!! There are plenty of people around to help you. Not just me. kindly refrain from PMing/Emailing me.

Can anyone pleeeze tell me where I can get a regular MPEG, like the one posted yesterday? That link doesn't work anymore, and I'm not looking for a large 'bit torrent' file.

Hello? Is there anybody in here? Just nod if you can hear me.....
Arash-
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Arash- »

the AVI file doesnt work anymore, and i was halfway downloading it with a slow 56k dial up... :(
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Arash- wrote:the AVI file doesnt work anymore, and i was halfway downloading it with a slow 56k dial up... :(
Me again! The server was too overloaded so it had to come off. I may well torrent the AVI tomorrow in addition to the large 600MB+ MPEG if people want it? You can resume your downloads with Torrents as well so it good for dial-up.
UseYourEars
Embryo
Embryo

More PINK FLOYD Exclusive Live 8 Photographs

Post by UseYourEars »

EDITED BY ADMIN - No advertising especially with your first post.
lurkingfear
Axe
Axe

Post by lurkingfear »

Panda887, you posted a link to high-quality mpeg files, but when I unzipped them and play, they "skip" alot. Is there a codec I need to play/record these properly?

Thanks,

Lurk
HourCandle
Embryo
Embryo

Post by HourCandle »

Keith,

You're amazing, once again !!!

Piet