Download - Pink Floyd Live 8 Video - Torrent/MPEG

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
rubh
Knife
Knife

Post by rubh »

Keith Jordan wrote: I may well torrent the AVI tomorrow in addition to the large 600MB+ MPEG if people want it?
plz do this keith, it will be a great help
ShiningDiamondDave
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ShiningDiamondDave »

Keith Jordan wrote:
Arash- wrote:the AVI file doesnt work anymore, and i was halfway downloading it with a slow 56k dial up... :(
Me again! The server was too overloaded so it had to come off. I may well torrent the AVI tomorrow in addition to the large 600MB+ MPEG if people want it? You can resume your downloads with Torrents as well so it good for dial-up.
I don't mind what size it is, as long as it isn't a 'bit torrent' download, perhaps a regular MPEG file.

I'd appreciate it, thanks.
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

anybody got any advice. I have the whole file, however when I play it on Windows Media, it plays slow. It's actually kinda funny sounding. Everything is like a full note lower. What can I do to solve this?
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

I downloaded the torrent that Keith posted the link to in the first post, and it didn't work well at all at first. Seemed liek the speed was off, a little slow. I rooted around in my system and discovered that I didn't have the proper codecs installed to render the file. After fixing the issue, it played beautifully.

I seem to have the same problem right now. How exactly can you fix it?
jmr
Axe
Axe

Post by jmr »

Man... I started downloading an MPEG Torrent before I saw this one, and since it was 700MB, I expected high quality... boy was I wrong! I ended up with what was probably the worst TV-to-PC transfer I've ever seen. The picture was fuzzy, and little info blurbs (in German) kept coming up, and the audio was clipped and completly out of sync. And now, since my monthly bandwidth is almost half up already, I can't download the other one posted here by Keith. Oh well, at least I managed to catch the WMV file while it was available. I guess I'll make due with that until a Live 8 DVD is released...
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

Disregard all my previous whining about not getting the file to play correctly. It took just about 10 hours to download and I had very minor problems playing the file initially, but now I coldn't be more satisfied with what I got. Thank you Keith and everyone else who helped. Now I am very excited about what else I can find on the net.
Thank You
Long Live the Mighty Floyd :twisted:
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

jmr wrote:Man... I started downloading an MPEG Torrent before I saw this one, and since it was 700MB, I expected high quality... boy was I wrong! I ended up with what was probably the worst TV-to-PC transfer I've ever seen. The picture was fuzzy, and little info blurbs (in German) kept coming up, and the audio was clipped and completly out of sync. And now, since my monthly bandwidth is almost half up already, I can't download the other one posted here by Keith. Oh well, at least I managed to catch the WMV file while it was available. I guess I'll make due with that until a Live 8 DVD is released...
I dont see any German on my copy?
Rostis
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Rostis »

b.king wrote:
Would anyone care to share how long this download took for them?
I am also new to BitTorrent. I have an ADLS 2Mbit connection but I still get reallyslow up/download speed, upload 15kB, download 5-10 kB. This will take days! Does anybody have any tips?.
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

BitTorrent speeds depend on how many people are seeding or leeching and whether you are firewalled or not.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Keith Jordan wrote:
jmr wrote:Man... I started downloading an MPEG Torrent before I saw this one, and since it was 700MB, I expected high quality... boy was I wrong! I ended up with what was probably the worst TV-to-PC transfer I've ever seen. The picture was fuzzy, and little info blurbs (in German) kept coming up, and the audio was clipped and completly out of sync. And now, since my monthly bandwidth is almost half up already, I can't download the other one posted here by Keith. Oh well, at least I managed to catch the WMV file while it was available. I guess I'll make due with that until a Live 8 DVD is released...
I dont see any German on my copy?
No, I think jmr is talking about a torrent he got from piratebay. Some idiot calling himself JesusChristus uploaded a very bad-qaulity capture of the live8 performance (blurry picutre unsynced and very screechy sound with a lot of noise in between etc...). He even uploaded the same files under several different names. It pissed a lot of people off...

So maybe a warning is in the right place here:
If downloading PFlive8 torrents from pirate bay, don't take files uploaded by JesusChristus that are about 781mb in size. The are all bad quality. He also offers the concert in 4 pieces titled Pink Floyd - Live Aid 2005 (part I) etc. It's the same quality, so do not download these. It's a waste of bandwidth and time!
t_bone9600
Embryo
Embryo

Please HELP!!!

Post by t_bone9600 »

I am a new comer to this whole torrent thing. I downloaded the file but when it finished I ended up with about 30 WinRAR archives.:? Is this what's supposed to happen? Do I just use WinRAR to extract them now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
animaux
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Please HELP!!!

Post by animaux »

t_bone9600 wrote:I am a new comer to this whole torrent thing. I downloaded the file but when it finished I ended up with about 30 WinRAR archives.:? Is this what's supposed to happen? Do I just use WinRAR to extract them now? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
double-click the first rar file in the list.
RAR should go through each file automatically and extract out the video.
t_bone9600
Embryo
Embryo

Post by t_bone9600 »

I finally got the video and the picture quality is outstanding but the sound jumps around like it's skipping. Any thoughts or ideas of what may be wrong?
animaux
Embryo
Embryo

Post by animaux »

t_bone9600 wrote:I finally got the video and the picture quality is outstanding but the sound jumps around like it's skipping. Any thoughts or ideas of what may be wrong?
did you try rebooting?
might also have to exit from any running programs temporarily (virus scanners, spyware scanners, etc)
HaVoKnYnJ
Axe
Axe

Post by HaVoKnYnJ »

Holy crap. Keith, if you were a woman, I'd kiss you. If you were an attractive woman, I'd ask you to marry me. I missed this whole thing (stupid not having cable...grrr... and being out of town to boot!), so getting it here, and in such amazingly high quality, is just the greatest gift ever. You rule, as always!