which floyd would you want to go to a pub with?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

Which floyd would you want to have a few beers with?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:09 am

a. dave
19%
b. nick
5%
c. rick
14%
d. roger
62%

Total votes: 21

Venus_in_Furs
Axe
Axe

Post by Venus_in_Furs »

In the Pink, perhaps the OP isn't forgetful or neglectful of Syd (*ahem* THE FOUNDER) but rather slipped him in under the name of Roger. Thats what I like to think, anyway.
I would pick Roger Barrett to go to the pub with. He might not be the most sociable of butterflies these days but from what I understand, he used to quite enjoy a pint of Guinness.
Cheers, Roger.
Venus
Dave_the_Brit
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Dave_the_Brit »

why would syd barrett go by roger?

I would pick gilmour.
sandstormkiss
Axe
Axe

at the risk of you know, being run outta dodge....

Post by sandstormkiss »

Dave_the_Brit wrote:why would syd barrett go by roger?
hi dave.

before you are deluged by helpful suggestions and friendly epithets:

syd's name's roger. or you know...you can call him ray.

and venus:
(*ahem* THE FOUNDER)
shhhhh! we're not supposed to say that out loud here! didn't you read the memo? (there certainly is a memo! i'll give you the cliff's notes:GET OVER IT!!! ;) i think it would be. )

even if there is a certain element of ummm... how should i say?...hypocrisy?

first we're told that the dude is out of commission, and we're a bunch of catterwallers to express our appreciation toward the music he's created, and the opportunity that was afforded some people as a "consequence" (sorry, couldn't think of a more fitting...nevermind), was of absolultely no matter anyway, so we should you know..."get over it". then we're repeatedly to witness sweet convocation riddled with pretty pictures and tender threnody to a very sincerely lamented, erstwhile bandmate?

yes, we really should have gotten "over it" by now. it certainly seems as though everyone else of "consequence" has, doesn't it? :D

Peace, and welcome!
Last edited by sandstormkiss on Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

:smt017 Have you been drinking?
sandstormkiss
Axe
Axe

Post by sandstormkiss »

simpledumbpilot wrote::smt017 Have you been drinking?
nope. just having a little trouble with the quote and italic functions.
In The Pink

Re: at the risk of you know, being run outta dodge....

Post by In The Pink »

sandstormkiss wrote: hi dave.

before you are deluged by helpful suggestions and friendly epithets:

syd's name's roger. or you know...you can call him ray.

and venus:

(*ahem* THE FOUNDER)

shhhhh! we're not supposed to say that out loud here! didn't you read the memo? (there certainly is a memo! i'll give you the cliff's notes:GET OVER IT!!! ;) i think it would be. )

even if there is a certain element of ummm... how should i say?...hypocrisy?

first we're told that the dude is out of commission, and we're a bunch of catterwallers to express our appreciation toward the music he's created, and the opportunity that was afforded some people as a "consequence" (sorry, couldn't think of a more fitting...nevermind), was of absolultely no matter anyway, so we should you know..."get over it". then we're repeatedly to witness sweet convocation riddled with pretty pictures and tender threnody to a very sincerely lamented, erstwhile bandmate?

yes, we really should have gotten "over it" by now. it certainly seems as though everyone else of "consequence" has, doesn't it? :D

Peace, and welcome!

Ohhh Hunny!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO Happy to see you posting again! :smt007 You must have read my mind, cause I was just going to say that "syd" does indeed go by Roger, as his name is Roger Keith Barrett.

I must disagree with you though. I say SCREAM at the top of your lungs that Syd was the founder! :wink: And even though it is likely that he will NEVER perform music again, I still say he was GOD where Pink Floyd is concerend. {Before this becomes a "OMG Linda how the he** can you say that" seesion, please remember that is MY OPINION.}

If I could meet any of the Floyd in any condition under any circumstances, I would meet Roger Barrett. I would be content just to be in his presence. Not even needing to talk about anything. Just to be able to say, I got to look on the beautiful, wonderful man with my own eyes. I wouldn't give a damn about discussing anything from his past "Syd" life. Just getting to interact with him, as I would any person, any day of my life.
Vanessa
Axe
Axe

Post by Vanessa »

David......Of Course :wink:
sandstormkiss
Axe
Axe

Re: at the risk of you know, being run outta dodge....

Post by sandstormkiss »

In The Pink wrote:
Ohhh Hunny!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO Happy to see you posting again!
PINKY! thank ya bunches darlin! bet you're the only one who thinks so. lol. *huggylurvesmiliegoeshere,'ceptidon'tknowhowtopostitandstuff*

You must have read my mind, cause I was just going to say that "syd" does indeed go by Roger, as his name is Roger Keith Barrett.
:D i actually should have just left that one alone. it's one of my favorite debates to read. people get so pissy about that stuff! lol.
I must disagree with you though. I say SCREAM at the top of your lungs that Syd was the founder! :wink:
jesus christ, at least someone around here "gets it". and of course it's not surprising that it'd be you. :D

And even though it is likely that he will NEVER perform music again, I still say he was GOD where Pink Floyd is concerend. {Before this becomes a "OMG Linda how the he** can you say that" seesion, please remember that is MY OPINION.}
LINDA!~ how the HE- ASSterisks can you possibly say that?? You know he was just in a hair dibbling -blistexandmandrax- untunedguitar- staring- refridegeratorpaining catatonic, and almost destroyed the band when he stole roger's cigarettes! damned cigarette knicker! You blaspheme! On your way, and sin no more. pfff!

xoxo
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Rick. "Yesterday I had too much to drink/ Sitting in a pub..."

but all of them - including Syd, and maybe the other guys, - would be perfect
arnold crow
Blade
Blade

Post by arnold crow »

none..i don't want to be their friend i just like their music not themselves...if i would drink a pub with one of them i hope that they will pay for me cuz they are rich! but when i think about it...
Money share it fairly but don't take a slice of my pie.....
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Roger
henno

Post by henno »

dont know where the polls gone but.......

definately Nick, he'd have me in a kink he's so funny....
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

David i would like to meet in a pub.

My dad has so i wanna too my dad and his brother jammed with David and dave got all the people a pint so i would like to go to a pub or meet dave in a pub.
zzz0sa
Embryo
Embryo

Post by zzz0sa »

i would go with dave. seems to me he'd be quiet and unassuming and we could get very drunk with nothing but fun times and no tension. then we would go smoke a couple of j's.....
zzz0sa
Embryo
Embryo

Post by zzz0sa »

also anyone who would get drunk with nick would be in for a wild ride...literally.