which floyd would you want to go to a pub with?

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.

Which floyd would you want to have a few beers with?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:09 am

a. dave
19%
b. nick
5%
c. rick
14%
d. roger
62%

Total votes: 21

Dave_the_Brit
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Dave_the_Brit »

Do the Floyd even get drunk? I don't think the five Floyds together in a pub for the duration of a week would equal the damage Liam Gallagher could wrought in an hour. But back to the question; Syd. I don't care what state he shows up in, he's charming and pleasant and funny and I think he'd be a great bloke to toss back a few pints with. And Syd always was a fan of Guinness, wasn't he?
Venus_in_Furs
Axe
Axe

Post by Venus_in_Furs »

Let's see... Roger Waters could converse about anything under the sun even whilst eye-rolling drunk, so he's a definite contender for me. Dave would probably be a sleepy drunk and, just as things are beginning to get going he would slouch under a table and sleep it off. Rick would be the sad drunk and re-live past traumas, which always increases the alcoholic down and Nick, well I would imagine him to be a funny, enjoyable drunk. But at the end of the day, gimme Syd! He'd be a pleasure. Syd comes across as such a gentlemen that it would be fun to water him up a bit and see if he'd tell a dirty joke or something of a less-gentlemenly nature. Actually, I wouldn't mind sitting on a barstool between Syd and Rog because I think they'd both be highly amusing.
Moon_Blonde
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Moon_Blonde »

I'm not a Pink Floyd obsessive like a lot of people seem to be; I know only the Barrett-era music so I can't thoroughly comment on the likes of Gilmour. But I couldn't resist anwsering.
I saw an interview with Nick Mason and the guy came across as being a real decent chap, not at all the rich rockstar he could easily be. I know that he has a lot to do with vintage cars and racing but he seemed really down to earth, friendly, cool guy. Someone I wouldn't mind going to the pub with. Obviously Barrett because the guy was a genius and is my musical hero. I don't know too much about Richard Wright but Roger Waters has always struck me as one of the least hypocritical people in the public eye.
Anyway, it's good to see some lighter-hearted questions on these forums. So many message boards seem to be doom and gloom.
Eliana
Blade
Blade

Post by Eliana »

Dave. He seems a very sweet person and I like sweet people. But I wouldn't like to be with him when's drunk. Maybe some j's.

Do you know why, when someone call him Dave, he always points out he wants to be called David? I don't like that :roll:
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Don't know if I'll take him to the pub or not but 70's Dave would indeed be going home with me. :lol:
quaderni
Axe
Axe

Post by quaderni »

Actually, I'd love to have a round with Bob Ezrin, and hear all the outsider dirt on the making of _The Wall_. I'd also ask how he went from the _Atlantic Monthly_ to producing Alice Cooper and Kiss.

But I'd also love to speak with Rick Wright and ask him how Miles Davis's _Kind of Blue_ changed him.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Whichever 1 is buying pretty much covers it for me.
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

This thread has kind of gone on a little too long if you ask me. It isnt much more appealing now then it was 2 months ago but mayby that's just me being SAS (Spontaneous Asshole Syndrome).
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Gus Fogle wrote:This thread has kind of gone on a little too long if you ask me. It isnt much more appealing now then it was 2 months ago but mayby that's just me being SAS (Spontaneous Asshole Syndrome).
sounds about right to me
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

none from PF, the person i'd go together to a pub would be VDGG's Peter Hammill !

now of course if it was from the floyd i dont know, probably dave though i think roger would be more interesting to talk with. But dave would be a hell of a cool beer mate *buurpp*
Gem
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Gem »

Ridan wrote:Don't know if I'll take him to the pub or not but 70's Dave would indeed be going home with me. :lol:
For a cup of coffee instead?
gazparky
Embryo
Embryo

Post by gazparky »

Dave Gilmour is the one for me all although his work with Floyd is legendery, his collaborations with others are unsung to most.
Mooner
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Mooner »

A little marmalade and toast with Alan would be nice.
Ridan
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Ridan »

Gem. wrote:
Ridan wrote:Don't know if I'll take him to the pub or not but 70's Dave would indeed be going home with me. :lol:
For a cup of coffee instead?
Coffee would be nice. But I have ulterior motives. :lol: :P
a glazed look
Blade
Blade

Post by a glazed look »

cup a coffee with rog and dave