Krautrock

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Krautrock

Post by Stephen »

I have a copy of the E book Krautrock Kompendium in Kolour which I've uploaded to Rapidshare if anyone's interested (65 mb PDF). You can either read it online HERE in full screen size or download it directly, as it's issued free, from the link below.

http://rapidshare.com/files/204127590/Krautrock.rar
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Thank you too much, Rob!
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

:)

I preferred the Julian Cope 'Krautrocksampler' but this is still quite a good read.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

I guess you also have "Crack In The Cosmic Egg"?
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

Damn!
Thanks Rob. :D
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

2066 wrote:I guess you also have "Crack In The Cosmic Egg"?
Yes I have that one too Terry.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

A bandmate once lent me a book on Krautrock that was a price guide of some sort with some cool colour pictures of labels and record covers in it. For the life of me I can't remember what the name of the book was. I certainly now know what the priciest record I own is . My Twenty Sixty Six And Then record was listed at 450 Euros (I don't know what that is in dollars, but I'm sure it's a lot). I paid $15 for it at a record convention back in 1983 and I thought that was an exorbitant amount of money to pay for a used record back then, but it looked so cool. I remember buying shitloads of Krautrock at used record stores around here and remember this one guy who was cashing me out giggled, shook his head and said "why are you buying all this shit?" You could barely give that stuff away back then.
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

2066 wrote:A bandmate once lent me a book on Krautrock that was a price guide of some sort with some cool colour pictures of labels and record covers in it. For the life of me I can't remember what the name of the book was.
THIS one ?
2066 wrote: I remember buying shitloads of Krautrock at used record stores around here and remember this one guy who was cashing me out giggled, shook his head and said "why are you buying all this shit?" You could barely give that stuff away back then.
Wish I'd had the foresight to do the same as you did Terry.
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

That must be it, man. I believe the one I borrowed had a different cover, but that could have been because of my acid flashbacks!
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

If we are talking about German groups, I guess one can start with The Scorpians, and then go to Accept, to Megaherz, and lastly to Rammstein. Rammstein, I beleive, has been the God of Krautrock for the last decade. Although I speak no German whatsoever, the music of Rammstein rocks.
danielcaux
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by danielcaux »

Where's the "Thanks!" button in this VBB engine?

I'm adding the Kompendium to my really really long "Remember to read..." list of books :D
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Thanks Rob, I'm downloading it now! Looking forward to checking it out.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Ta Rob ... interesting read
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Amon Düül II are back together and have a new album out (!) at the moment, entitled Bee As Such. There's a 26-minute Psychedelic Suite on it, so it could be interesting. It's only available as a download though, with the CD due out later in the year (apparently).

More importantly, Faust have a new double-album due out next month, Faust is Last. This one is by Hans Joachim Irmler's Faust, so it's not the same lineup that released C'est com...com...compliqué in 2009 (which is great, but this is coming from someone who likes post-reunion Faust just as much as the original stuff, which is a minority opinion). Nevertheless, it should still be good because his keyboards are a big part of the original lineup's sound.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

PublicImage wrote:Amon Düül II are back together and have a new album out (!) at the moment, entitled Bee As Such. There's a 26-minute Psychedelic Suite on it, so it could be interesting. It's only available as a download though, with the CD due out later in the year (apparently).
Interesting! I listened to the samples though and wasn't sure about them...they didn't grab me right away. But how much justice can a 30 second sample do a 26-minute long piece? I'd like to hear the entire album before I shell out my money for it.