Krautrock

Talk about any music other than Pink Floyd/Solo Stuff
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

PublicImage wrote:Funnily enough, I was just thinking of listening to Faust IV...maybe later..It's a Bit of Pain has a great guitar solo! The tone is incredible!
Yah, mahn! G?t!
GoRinNosho
Axe
Axe

Post by GoRinNosho »

Wow, just listening to CAN - Edinburgh, Scotland 8/25/73 (Damo Suzuki's Last Show), very nice indeed :D. Improvisation next (BBC 1974), getting already curious for their studio work...

Thanks for the tip(s), regards, Musashi :)

"Internet, ain't it all about communication?"
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

I downloaded a Grobschnitt DVD yesterday. Live from Rockpalast in 78. Its an amazing DVD, great quality and Solar Music is amazing. I really love this band so to find this is great.

Also been listening to Popul Vuh's Nosferatu soundtrack alot lately.
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

Alternative 4 wrote:I downloaded a Grobschnitt DVD yesterday. Live from Rockpalast in 78. Its an amazing DVD, great quality and Solar Music is amazing. I really love this band so to find this is great.

Also been listening to Popul Vuh's Nosferatu soundtrack alot lately.
The Grobschnitt would be awesome to hear. The Solar Music Live album is a favourite of mine. I also love Rockpommel's Land. The latter is more prog rock in a somewhat Genesis style, so not exactly what I would call Krautrock, but it's still an excellent album, and very unlike Solar Music.

I've not heard much Popul Vuh. I did hear the Nosferatu soundtrack when I was watching the movie, though, and it was nicely mesmerizing. I also have In den G?rten Pharaos/Aguirre on one compilation disc. Gosh, haven't listened to that in awhile. I remember it being pleasant, peaceful music.
Alternative 4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Alternative 4 »

Wasnt to impressed by Rockpommels land, seemed a bit uneventful after Ballerman, but I should give it another spin. I downloaded the dvd of dimeadozen.org about 2 gig, took not long at all there are heaps of seaders

As for Popul Vuh, you are right very very relaxing peaceful music. Totally suits the mood of the movies.
GoRinNosho
Axe
Axe

Post by GoRinNosho »

For those interested: Tangerine Dream FTP-server.

Plenty of live & lossless Tangerine Dream, enjoy :smt020 Musashi

"Internet, ain't it all about communication?"
Massed Gadgets
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Massed Gadgets »

PublicImage wrote:I've only ever heard Rubycon by Tangerine Dream, but that is very cool. I'll have to check out some more of their stuff sometime. Electronic Meditation looks very interesting...anything that involves Klaus Schulze is worth listening to!
I would also highly recommend Edgar Froese's early solo work (he's been the primary and only consistent member of Tangerine Dream througout their history)..."Aqua", "Epsilon in Malaysian Pale", and "Macula Transfer" are all excellent and rank amongst my favourite albums all time. These are primarily electronic and ambient in nature, but with some electric guitar and sequencer work...all the electronics are analogue, as well as lots of Mellotron, especially on EIMP (the title track off that is one of the all time classic 'tron tracks).

I would, however, NOT recommend going for the newly remixed versions...I've not heard them personally, but I've heard he has added new material to some of the tracks and re-recorded other parts. In principle, that doesn't sound too good to me. He also changed the cover art on them from the original evocative and psychedelic photos by his wife to some truly garish computer art.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Ok, this thread died for no apparent reason so I am resurrecting it. Has anybody discovered anymore Krautrock bands recently? I haven't found anything recently but have been glad to hear some recordings by Damo Suzuki and Omar Rodriguez-Lopez of The Mars Volta doing some 40 minute jams. It's not really Krautrock but I think any of Damos work deserves a mention here.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

I've been digging Stratosfear by Tangerine Dream lately. 8)

Where should I start with Can? I've heard some songs here and there, but never any albums.
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Tago Mago! Get it as soon as possible, it is pure genius!

Pure insanity. 8)

Also check out Amon Duul II (I know you like the Velvet Underground, so you might like these guys..), Faust and Agitation Free.
Slambient Expressway
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Slambient Expressway »

Thank you sir. I hope Amon Duul II have a lot of songs about sucking ding dongs, that's the only reason I listen to the Velvet Underground!
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

PublicImage wrote:Ok, this thread died for no apparent reason so I am resurrecting it
Besides zomblie flicks, when people die do we use a chemical to bring them back to life? No, don't think so. Have some respect you nazi rat!
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

There is no reason to mention Nazis in this particular thread.

For all we know Amon Duul II may be singing about sucking on ding dongs in German...or with their guitars in the 17 minute improvisations

I have just got an album called "Cluster" by a band called Trikolon. Quite similar to ELP, they even did a version of Rondo. It's pretty cool, very impressive organ playing
The Gunner's Dream
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by The Gunner's Dream »

ELP are horrible...
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

Lets just be thankful that they don't sound like Slayer. Then they would be truly horrific. Keith Emerson is a much better musician than any member of Slayer, but this thread will not become a Slayer/ELP discussion.

Mythos are one of the best Krautrock bands I have heard in a while, you should check them out. Really cool music.