WikiFloyd Website - Your Help Needed!!!

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Yorsh01
Axe
Axe

Post by Yorsh01 »

Thanks, allmighty admin :D ... i'll do it...
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

Is There Anybody Out There?

Someone might want to fix that :oops:
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

just added lyrics to AMLOR, DB, TFC and added the page for ITF.... come on people, lets make wikifloyd the best floyd info page out there....
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

Can we change the template of the wiki website?

The only wiki websites that I know that doesn't use the original wiki white template are Spaghetti Western Database and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Internet.

How about we change it into a black DSOTM template, or NPF forum blue template?
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:Can we change the template of the wiki website?

The only wiki websites that I know that doesn't use the original wiki white template are Spaghetti Western Database and The Hitchhikers Guide to the Internet.

Not to be a dick, but are you sure you should be having anything to do with the Wiki thing?

I mean...you JUST found out that Pink Floyd DID do drugs. Shouldn't you learn a little more about the band before you go trying to write about them?
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

mosespa wrote:
iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:Can we change the template of the wiki website?

Not to be a dick, but are you sure you should be having anything to do with the Wiki thing?

I mean...you JUST found out that Pink Floyd DID do drugs. Shouldn't you learn a little more about the band before you go trying to write about them?
I wan't to fix up the design of the webpage, add a new logo, etc.

Plus I didn't just FIND OUT they did drug, I already knew they did drugs here and there, a little. But not when they were making music.

Alot of people who listen DSotM, tell me, "Were they doing drugs when they made those songs?" They also said it on I Love the 70's, it's just pure ignorence.

I'm not planning to write articles, I've got enough writing on this forum. I've been here for only 4 weeks and already I have made almost 300 posts!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:

Alot of people who listen DSotM, tell me, "Were they doing drugs when they made those songs?"
Just Say Yes :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Mosespa, just a thought, but since you are sort of the Wall-meister around these parts, maybe you could add some info to the wall songs in the wiki.

I've been working on a lot of albums, just adding some basic info to every song about it's history, structure, lyrics or stuff like that. The mainpoint should be that there's some info on every song so other people who would like to add to the wiki have something to work with, you know, a little headstart.

Could you do something similar for every song on The Wall? Just a short text about it's place in the grander picture: it's musical structure, it's meaning in the whole story of the album, some historical trivia... just what comes to mind. I know you have studied the album extensively and have a lot to tell about it.

The basic layout for the songs is already present in the wiki, you just have to go to the page for the Wall, click on a song, then click on edit. You can add any info at the top of the edit window, above the title for the lyrics and such.

Let me know what you think.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

fyi: the page for David Gilmour In Concert DVD is now online too.....
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Hey yuca, just saw you did a lot of work over there, that's nice. :D
It's good to see more people adding info.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

ganaffe wrote:Mosespa, just a thought, but since you are sort of the Wall-meister around these parts, maybe you could add some info to the wall songs in the wiki.

I've been working on a lot of albums, just adding some basic info to every song about it's history, structure, lyrics or stuff like that. The mainpoint should be that there's some info on every song so other people who would like to add to the wiki have something to work with, you know, a little headstart.

Could you do something similar for every song on The Wall? Just a short text about it's place in the grander picture: it's musical structure, it's meaning in the whole story of the album, some historical trivia... just what comes to mind. I know you have studied the album extensively and have a lot to tell about it.

The basic layout for the songs is already present in the wiki, you just have to go to the page for the Wall, click on a song, then click on edit. You can add any info at the top of the edit window, above the title for the lyrics and such.

Let me know what you think.
Could happen.

EDIT: I've already gone through the first quarter, "In The Flesh?" through "Mother." I'm going to break for a bit now (have to get ready for work) and will do more when I get home tonight.

In the meantime, anyone who knows more than I do (in other words, anything at all) about formatting these pages, may feel free to adjust the layout of the page as need be.

I only ask that the text be left alone until I have done the whole album...for continuity's sake.
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Hey people, just wanted to say how great it is to see some more people getting involved in the wiki! Please continue to do so. :D

And I encourage anyone who has some knowledge about the history and the music of Pink Floyd to join the wiki and make it big!

"It could be made into a monster if we all pull together as a team"
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

I started working on the "Inside Out" page. Is there a way I can change or add to the "Album infobox" thingy? Like to add stuff that is good for books, like publisher, ISBN, etc.?

Also is there a way to not show all those things in the "Album infobox" thingy? Cause I can't get some of them to go away?
db_intheflesh
Blade
Blade

Post by db_intheflesh »

What's happened to the wiki project? Seven months since anyone's posted on this thread, very few major alterations made to the wiki in the last month - it looks like it's just lost steam. And it still lacks a LOT of information. We don't even have information and lyrics for all the albums and songs, let alone details about tour dates, the band's equipment, backgrounds for some of the supplementary musicians. This could have so much potential, but it's just not there. For instance, Jon Carin, by far the busiest member of the Floyd saga these days, has an article stating "keyboards and longtime player with Pink Floyd". Somewhat lacking, non?

I've just recently been drawn to the power of wikis and how important it is to add your own knowledge as well as read what's there. I'm willing to start getting this back into shape if others are.

No offence Keith, but can't you finish one project before you move onto two more?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Well, the history of Pink Floud project has the aim of filling the wiki up with info! I do add to it now and then myself and am disappointed that more poeple are not adding to it!!