how far are you traveling to see david gilmour?

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
leonard
Embryo
Embryo

Post by leonard »

5000 km from the Black Sea coast Romania to Amsterdam(only here i've found tickets) and it cost me my one year salary:) .But as you said..priceless
GeorgiaGilmour
Embryo
Embryo

Post by GeorgiaGilmour »

Leonard, that's so...oh!!!! :shock: :shock:
and i'm travelling about errrrr 2000km from cold Russia to Paris (first on train then two days on a bus) and i'd travel more if needed :wink:
and i'd better not think how much it'll cost me cause "less information - better sleeping" as we say in Russia 8)
Zoophobia
Axe
Axe

Post by Zoophobia »

45 min train ride to Radio City Music Hall. $220 for my tickets first mezz second row. $30 for the train passes, $100.00 for spending money, dinner.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

I just did the trip figures and if i go to the ny and chicago shows im looking at 3000+ miles for the trip. If i cant get tix reasonable for the ny shows and just do both nites in chicago it will only be about 2000 miles travel. Looking at the distance some of you are traveling, Mr Gilmour has ALOT of very faithful fans (and wealthy). I know it has drained my bank account, but it will be worth it after all, how often does he get the "itch" to do live shows (in the usa anyway)...this might be the last!
box-hw1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by box-hw1 »

I am going from Texas to NYC for both shows and then going to LA for the show at the Kodak theater.
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

from my house in

Kempsey,
Worcestershire

to

the royal albert hall,
south kensington

is a total of 134.82 miles and will take 3 hours in a car.

but i wouldnt care if it was 1000 miles and it took 5 days to get there! :D
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Damn!t »

UPDATE:

My darlin is no longer my companion on the Gilmour pilgrimage.
I bought 2 tickets just becouse i thought that she would kill me if i didnt think about taking her to Milan. She whas kinda unhappy with it all from the start.
BUT,
my loonie bro (who infected me with Floyd some 20 years ago and we saw them together in '94) whas slowly diing of jealousy when i told him that i bought a couple of tickets for the gig.
SO,
we gently proposed to my darlin that it would be a great idea if she could let him to go with me instead.
AND THEN
she said YES...with a huge smile...hell, she said of course, why not, no problem at all.
AND THEN
we both said
YES!!! :D
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

thrill-seeker wrote:I've booked myself a free bus to Glasgow and back. Also a free bus to London and a free flight back to Glasgow (including tax so ?22 technically)
What bus companies do late returns from Glasgow do you know? I either have the option of staying with a friend or busing back to Aberdeen, but being in exam period i think i'll go with the deen if possible :?
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

David Smith wrote:
thrill-seeker wrote:I've booked myself a free bus to Glasgow and back. Also a free bus to London and a free flight back to Glasgow (including tax so ?22 technically)
What bus companies do late returns from Glasgow do you know? I either have the option of staying with a friend or busing back to Aberdeen, but being in exam period i think i'll go with the deen if possible :?
I usually use the megabus....if you book at least 4 weeks in advance then it's about ?1 or for free. They do have trips to and from Aberdeen which might useful for you and I think the last one is around 11:30 :) I'm not sure about any other bus companies since the megabus is obviously seems to be the cheapest :) Don't worry about having uncomfortable seats....they're all fine and safe at that price :D

http://www.megabus.com
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Megabus is what i usually use actually, what with being a poor student :lol: Last one's at 8.30 though. Still, something should turn up, i mean Aberdeen is the third city of Scotland (fuck what the Dundonians say) so there should be a late one
iwantmypinkfloydnow
Hammer
Hammer

Post by iwantmypinkfloydnow »

A 30-minute drive.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

iwantmypinkfloydnow wrote:A 30-minute drive.
Uhh Vahan I can sell your ticket on Ebay. JK :lol:
DarksideMoon
Axe
Axe

Post by DarksideMoon »

No where...IM NOT GONNA GET TO SEE HIM! :x :( :P
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

A few blocks :) I work in Hollywood....
Dovregubben
Axe
Axe

Post by Dovregubben »

I will fly from Oslo to London. It is a two hours flight.