Question - links to other forums

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Question - links to other forums

Post by Pugs on the Wing »

If someone happens to find a topic of interest on another site (pink floyd-related or not) that they think might interest the people here, is it ok to post about it (as long as it has nothing to do with belittling the other site, of course)?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Question - links to other forums

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:If someone happens to find a topic of interest on another site (pink floyd-related or not) that they think might interest the people here, is it ok to post about it (as long as it has nothing to do with belittling the other site, of course)?
I guess so if it supports a point yo uare making. But the only thing is this issue of using other peoples bandwidth. It costs money so make sure they have no policy against people linking to their forum first. Please do ask the forum owners. :-)
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Ok, and what about if I want to point out something from here somewhere else? :)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Pugs on the Wing wrote:Ok, and what about if I want to point out something from here somewhere else? :)
i guess so!! :)
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

The only time you shouldnt link to another site or forum is when that page/thread is selling something that people here might buy.

however, posting a link to Ebay, where somefool is selling the Internet, for example is just plain funny, and no one would actually really buy it.

Keith tries to get a bit of money here from advertising, so you wouldnt want to be advertising things for free here... advertising should be paid for.

as for the problem of bandwidth - people generally want traffic to their sites. If anyone complains that they get too much traffic, well, then they should be in the New Media Industry.
Pugs on the Wing
Judge!
Judge!

Furious wrote:as for the problem of bandwidth - people generally want traffic to their sites.
Well, that's what I think too. I mean hotlinking an image is one thing (it IS a bandwidth killer and gives the viewers of the page it's hotlinked on no indication of the source, hence it is a form of plagiarism), but providing a TEXT LINK to another page is, well, in my book, a good thing! (as long as the link is not done in a derisive context) I really don't want to have to ask the mods of all forums I see an interesting subject on whether I can link to that forum because sometimes(usually) I'm not even a registered user of that forum. But I won't link anything here unless I ask the other site first...unless this rule changes or something.
Ash Nazg
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ash Nazg »

it isnt a doubt, it is just a "clue"

why dont you make a "fast reply" dispositive?
In the end of the page of a certain topic there could be a space to write a text and reply...I dont know if you understand that, but it is a way to "save time", cause you wont need to go to Post a Reply....

i hope i could have helped ya