A Moan about Advanced Booking Ticket Allocations

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

A Moan about Advanced Booking Ticket Allocations

Post by Keith Jordan »

How bad is it that they have not yet told us where we are seated for those of us who managed to buy the advanced booking tickets???? I am so anoyed at their lack of professionalism! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I WANT TO KNOW WHERE I AM SITTING DAMN!T!!
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Don't go getting me worried Keith :?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The advance booking seats are the best available in the house so we have nothing to worry about!!! I would just like to know exactly where I am sitting to the specific seat as I am strange like that!!! :o :D
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

I fear the worst, Keith.David's web site has been muttering about sorting out ticket related hassels (other than ebay/returns etc)for a few days now and this,together with tales of purchasers for M/C and Glasgow buying tickets near the front from the venues themselves suggests the advance allocation might have merely been the "best available" once every other agent and seller had got the cream! Time will tell,I guess and things could clearly have been a lot worse....On a similar point,in late 2004 ,as an REM FC member, I was offered an early chance to buy tickets for their stadium dates last summer-at the City Ground in Nottingham.Having paid for these eight months in advance they finally arrived two weeks before the show and were the worst possible seats they could have been-right at the back of the stadium at ground level.After much complaining the football club themselves sorted us out and let us sit in hospitality seats nearer the front that they hadn't sold! Can't see a similar thing happening for Gilmour's shows! I think the lesson might be that its best not to assume that advance tickets are necessarily the best in the house,however perverse that sounds.I'm more than happy to be proved wrong though!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

God help Gilmour and his management if they serve me up rubbish tickets! I'll drop kick them all in the face!! :twisted: :)
ReGen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ReGen »

From davidgilmour.com

At the Royal Albert Hall in London, the seats are in the Stalls and in the Arena. In the Manchester Bridgewater Hall the seats are in the stalls, from the front row backwards, in a total of approximately 15 rows (rows A- P), and the three front rows of the circle (rows A-C). In Glasgow's Clyde Auditorium they are also in the stalls, from the front row backwards up to 11 rows back (rows A-P), plus the front row of the Circle (row A).

:D
thrill-seeker
Hammer
Hammer

Post by thrill-seeker »

Excellent 8)
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: A Moan about Advanced Booking Ticket Allocations

Post by Damn!t »

Keith Jordan wrote:DAMN!T!!
:cry: ...yea...me too...
tea-set
Hammer
Hammer

Post by tea-set »

to be fair though keith the Royal Albert Hall is a small venue with pretty much all good seats if i'm not mistaken. its not like your gonna be stuck at the very back of a stadium.

so stop whining :D just keep telling yourself you will be there

i understand though, i too would like to know where my seats are

are you going to be at the may 31st show by the way?
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

Lyn,bring me a knife and fork and a plate with some words on! Deep joy.
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Keith Jordan wrote:The advance booking seats are the best available in the house so we have nothing to worry about!!! I would just like to know exactly where I am sitting to the specific seat as I am strange like that!!! :o :D
No worries man , Im just happy to be going ... I'll sit in the toilet if I have to :wink: