BBC Radio wakes up!!!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
bernie d
Embryo
Embryo

BBC Radio wakes up!!!

Post by bernie d »

At last - BBC radio has recognised Dave Gilmour is still alive as a solo musician! But, once again, it's only the old 'pirate' Johnny Walker who is aware of the fact. 0920hrs this morning he played 'On an Island' - the new single release from David Gilmour - when sitting in on Wogan's morning show. Sadly, he didn't play it in full as talked over the piece when fading out. Still, at least it means that a lot of new people will now be aware and maybe Dave will be recognized as the individual star he is instead of just 'that guitar man from Pink Floyd'! Maybe we should all make requests to Radio 2's various shows requesting more tracks??? Any thoughts on the matter???? :)
ReGen
Embryo
Embryo

Post by ReGen »

The track should get played once each day as it's currently on thier 'C' List.

Also:

"BBC Radio 2, the UK's most-listened to radio station, has confirmed that the 'On An Island' album will be 'Album Of The Week' in its release week, commencing Monday 6th March." :D
bernie d
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bernie d »

Thanks ReGen. Pity they couldn't play it earlier as have already got my advance order in with Amazon and will have my own copy to listen to in full by the 6th! At least, if Ken Bruce is his usual self, there should be daily interviews with 'The Man'. Again, thanks for info. :D
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

I doubt you will hear this anywhere else.
Those masquerading 'rock' wankers at Virgin FM won't play it. The basterds ever since live 8 have a rotation of 5 Pink floyd songs just to jump on the popular bandwagon but all you would ever hear previously was well.....have a guess........yep you have guessed it, Another bloody brick in the wall.....surprise surprise !
Scum radio station. I would love to start a campaign to piss them all off preferably nuke them if anyone can finance the job :lol:
bernie d
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bernie d »

Probably the same for most other 'Commercial Stations'. Playlists for the masses don't allow real music to be broadcast! For those who are lucky enough to live on South-East/ East coast might like to tune in to Arrow Rock Radio (previously called Arrow Classic Rock) on frequency 675 - medim wave. Ok, shitty reception when sun goes down but only station I have found that regularly play Floyd. In their annual Listener's poll, Floyd most successful group and this is reflected in play time for rest of year. Additional bonus is there is very little DJ input - only a coupla ads (in Dutch) every 20 mins or so. No Jockeys rabbiting on. They let the music flow and numerous Floyd tracks each and every day. Let's hope they pick up on Dave's new masterpiece! :D