New RoIO up on site

Introduce yourself by saying hello! Also, site news/info.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

New RoIO up on site

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have finally added a new RoIO to the site. It is the pink floyd story that the BBC broadcast on radio 2 on 2002-02-02. It is in 2 60 minute parts for you to download.

Newsletter subscribers can access the page with the username and password contained in the newsletter - or received after signing up - from the link below. :-)

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/downloads/?pg=roio

Have fun and enjoy!

SomeGhostsStepOut
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SomeGhostsStepOut »

Thank you Keith.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

Thanks Keith, I lost my copy of that documentary. Do you know how I can convert it to wav so i can burn it as an audio CD?

Cheers
Stu
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Thanks Keith, I lost my copy of that documentary. Do you know how I can convert it to wav so i can burn it as an audio CD?

Cheers
Stu
Most software programmes allow you to select MP3 files to burn to CD. They are converted to cdaudio/wav on the fly. Nero does this. http://www.nero.com
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the above assistance but I had already tried Nero, I think its actually to do with the files. When I tried to drag the files across in Nero the ''unexpected file format'' box appeared. What seems to have happened is that the files have downloaded as Mpeg Audio files with a .mpga extension and none of my conversion tools can understand the format, not even TMEPEnc! The files do play perfectly in Real Player, Windows Media Player and Winamp but neither Nero, Easy CD Creator or any of my conversion tools (VirtualDub, TMPEGEnc, Radvideo, MKWACT) can understand them. Is this the format you converted the audio to or has their been a blunder when I downloaded the files? Please dont think any of this is in any way some form of complaint, im very grateful to you for taking the time to make these downloads available to us and just thought that this might be a problem you might want to know about.

Many thanks for any help / suggestions you can offer,
Stu.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Hi Keith,

Thanks for the above assistance but I had already tried Nero, I think its actually to do with the files. When I tried to drag the files across in Nero the ''unexpected file format'' box appeared. What seems to have happened is that the files have downloaded as Mpeg Audio files with a .mpga extension and none of my conversion tools can understand the format, not even TMEPEnc! The files do play perfectly in Real Player, Windows Media Player and Winamp but neither Nero, Easy CD Creator or any of my conversion tools (VirtualDub, TMPEGEnc, Radvideo, MKWACT) can understand them. Is this the format you converted the audio to or has their been a blunder when I downloaded the files? Please dont think any of this is in any way some form of complaint, im very grateful to you for taking the time to make these downloads available to us and just thought that this might be a problem you might want to know about.

Many thanks for any help / suggestions you can offer,
Stu.
Try changing the file extension to MP3. You can do this by right-clicking on the file and selecting rename. After the last character of the file name just type .mp3 and it should work then I think.

If not go to http://www.download.com and find a converter.
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Hi Again Keith,

Ive got it all sorted, I did try changing the file extension but it didnt work but one thing I did overlook was opening it in Sound Forge and saving it as a wav from there which has done the trick. Im not sure why the file has saved as an Mpga, this has happened to me once before, any ideas what may cause it? No worries if not as I now have a solution, just curiousity really.

Cheers
Stu.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

simpledumbpilot wrote:Hi Again Keith,

Ive got it all sorted, I did try changing the file extension but it didnt work but one thing I did overlook was opening it in Sound Forge and saving it as a wav from there which has done the trick. Im not sure why the file has saved as an Mpga, this has happened to me once before, any ideas what may cause it? No worries if not as I now have a solution, just curiousity really.

Cheers
Stu.
I can only think that the files you are downloading are .mpga :lol:
stealurface
Embryo
Embryo

Post by stealurface »

hope these mp3's don't find their way onto the trading scene once in cd form...its a terrible thing when great recordings are subjected to degredation by way of lossy formats...and who knows how many times they will go through the process before i will receive them in a trade down the line...i just wouldn't encode them to wav...just leave them as is and don't share them..sorry guys...that's just my opinion
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I have finally added a new RoIO to the site called "the embryo".

Newsletter subscribers can access the page with the username and password contained in the newsletter - or received after signing up - from the link below.

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/downloads/?pg=roio

Have fun and enjoy!

Sign up to newsletter to get username and password for download area: http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/newsletter/
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

Good job Thx Keith
IainS
Blade
Blade

Post by IainS »

Nice one Keith, reminds me of my vinyl copy of 'Libest Space Monitor' on TSP..... I must dig that out soon! :D
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

If anybody started downloading it and noticed track 2 was too short, you will be right!! I uploaded it all now! :-)