Roger Waters Concert Reviews (SPOILERS) - Post Yours Here!

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Roger Waters Concert Reviews (SPOILERS) - Post Yours Here!

Post by Groovybass77 »

Wow. I couldnt believe the day was finally here when I would go see my idol live "In The Flesh". We got there just in time for the concert and it was PACKED. almost every seat was full. i would say that about ten thousand people were there, and he also played a show yesterday night to about fifteen thousand people. The Concert started with In The Flesh, Pyro from the roof and the floor came shooting out when the first note was played. Everyone went crazy. Then he got into Mother. This performance was perfect. Katie Kissoon impresses me yet again with her vocals in this one. Besides some guy yelling "Go Fuck Your Mom" it was an awsome song. Then Set the Controls started. This was when everyone started smoking the pot. guys all around me lit up joints and sang along. great time. Then Shine On started. Pics of Syd were projected and everyone sang along and remembered Syd. Then we had Have a Cigar. This was NOT lip-synched. i watched with my own eyes as he appeared on the Giant screen. Kilminster did a pretty good job on the solo (people are gonna hate me when i say i thought he was good). Wish You Were Here started with the radio sequence, everyone heard it and went crazy, taking out their lighters. I unfortunatly didnt have a lighter so I waved by Phone around. Everyone was teary as a big pic of syd appeared on the screen and rose pedals fell over the image. Then it was time for Southhampton Dock. Not much to say about that song. The Gunners Dream was dropped from the setlist and they went straght into Fletcher Memorial Home. I felt in foreign territory when I was the only one who knew the song and sang along. Then the "Stop Daves" started. EVeryone flipped cause they loved the song. great vocals from PP Arnold as usual. Leaving Beruit got a couple boos but a majority of the people gave loud cheers (MA is definatly a liberal state). Andy had a great guitar solo at the begining and end of the song. When he sang "dont fuck it up for rest of the world" everyone stood up and went crazy. it was a bush hater crowd tonight! Sheep began...the sounds of the Sheep came from all directions. about halfway through the song out pops the pig (pics coming)! It was covered with many anti-bush phrases...mainly bush written across the pigs ass. Fifteen minutes break and the heartbeats start. They took out the "ive been mad for fucking years" voice for some reason and Breathe seemed to start way too quickly. Breathe was great. On the Run was spectacular. for the only pink floyd song i ever skip my jaw dropped to the floor. it was great when they added sounds such as trains and racecars. The visuals were amazing. Time and Breathe Reprise were amazing...Jons voice echoed through the stadium and everyone was happy. The Great Gig In The Sky was one of the best performances of the night. Karol Kenyon (sp?) was great at screaming her lungs off...especially with the retched smell of pot in the air. Money was pretty good...as usual...what u usually hear on most live sets. Us and them was the usual. Jon Carins amazing voice and Ians beautiful sax work. Any Colour was great...Kilminsters solo was amazing (yes now u hate me even more). Brain Damage and Eclipse was basically a big sing along....u couldnt hear anything but the crowd. A little break and out they come. Roger introduced the band. Happiest days started with the hellicopter...amazing performance. Another Brick was the usual...pretty much identical to the In The Flesh version with the verses played three times. Vera started and everyone was surprised yet happy cause they never hear too much of it. Bring the Boys Back home may sound boring on the album...but live it was spectacular. Graham Broad was amazing on the snare and there were explosions everywhere! it looked like land mines were being set off. They medley of sounds played and Comfortably Numb started. The crowd stood up and everyone sang along. Roger messed up and forgot to sing "relax" and went straight to "I need some information...". that was forgivable and the rest of the band accomidated for the couple of seconds lost. The solos were pretty good live...tho on a DVD everyone would probably hate it.

The concert was amazing and wish i could see it again. too bad for all those people who werent able to get tickets...this was amazing.

EDIT: During Shine On bubbles flowed out of a machine and went all over the crowd. During a perfect sense part 1 A big astronaut floated around the stage.
Last edited by Groovybass77 on Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
AtomHeartMomma
Knife
Knife

My Roger Waters Concert Review (Spoileer Warning)

Post by AtomHeartMomma »

Hey....glad to read about your review of Roger's concert. I will be seeing him on Tuesday, 9/12 and Wednesday, 9/13 at Madison Square Garden in NYC. I was lucky enough to get tickets for both nights :smt038 :smt039 :smt041

Am also happy to know that he will be doing Sheep. I haven't seen or heard that song live since the Animals '77 concert, also at MSG.

I saw Roger back in 1999 and 2000 for his In The Flesh concert, and also for his KAOS concert.

I hope I can write a review as well as you did. Thanks and Shine On :D
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

I remember hearing PF used bubbles in the earlier tours...I always wondered if they'd bring that effect back.

I'm seeing him at the Hollywood Bowl next month. I was thinking, the stage will actually end up looking like the Pulse stage, with Mr. Screen against the Bowl's arched stage. I'm still hoping he'll add an airplane for On The Run....
cymbaline212
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cymbaline212 »

i just saw em 9/16 in philly, background screen = best yet
Craig Marion
Blade
Blade

Post by Craig Marion »

I just saw them at the Tweeter Center on Saturday in Camden, NJ it was awsome!!!!!!
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Jones Beach Review 9/15/06

How special and fitting is a prism rainbow for this night?

A rare occurrence indeed, but a fitting one that welcomed Roger Waters and company on this very wet, but enchanted evening.

Traversing pond-like puddles and horizontal rain the multitude of fans were treated to this meteorological unicorn upon entering the Jones Beach parking lot. This was the first of many things this evening to leave me in a state of awe. What impressed me was that no one was complaining about the weather or even thinking about leaving. When the lightning crashed folks just turned their car CD players louder and opened another beer. At around 8:30 when the rain had slowed and late arriving fans got settled Roger took the stage to perform a stellar first half of some truly incredible music aided by his famous circle screen of marvelous images. Opening with The Wall?s, ?In The Flesh? Roger greeted and outed his audience to their enthusiastic delight. ?Mother? was next and the comforting sing-song chorus seemed to blanket everyone protecting them from the threatening elements. Roger?s heartfelt tribute to Syd Barrett came in the form of, ?Shine On You Crazy Diamond? and ?Wish You Were Here?. This was extremely moving and played in front of a montage of clips warmly remembering our recently departed genius. The Final Cut was represented with the beautiful, ?Southampton Dock? and ?The Fletcher Memorial Home? and these songs along with, ?Perfect Sense parts 1 and 2 helped to ease into the tricky ?political? part of the show. ?Leaving Beirut? a new song, was assisted on screen with a comic book recreation of a personal event that inspired Roger and it?s lyrics which were visible from the upper seats made the audience think as well about our government?s policies abroad. ?Sheep? closed the first half but not before it saw Roger taking one last shot at our faltering leadership. An inflatable pig was brought out and let into the air with all sorts of Democratic slogans and warnings spray painted on it, complete with an ?Impeach Bush? tattoo on the animal?s backside. After a fifteen minute intermission Roger came back on and gave us, ?The Dark Side of the Moon? in its entirety. Do I have to say anymore? Those lucky enough to be there felt the blessing.

The evenings encore was a spectacular 1,2,3,4 punch of, ?The Happiest Days of Our Lives?, ?Another Brick In The Wall (Pt 2)?, ?Vera?, ?Bring the Boys Back Home? and ?Comfortably Numb?. After nearly three hours of unforgettable sights and sounds the show was over and it was, ?time to goooooo? but while sitting in the parking lot waiting for traffic to thin, everybody got a chance to reflect back on what a truly rare evening this was. From the rainbow to the lightning to the pig flying high, we all received the message clear?.from the stage and from above.

- Matt Parish

Last edited by Parish on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Thanks for those great pics! Any chance you got one of the pig's backside with the Bush message?
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

It says, " Impeach Bush Now"
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

Thanks for the pig pics. I was going to upload mine but they looked horrible when i downloaded them onto the computer. my cell phone camera is shite.
JT
Blade
Blade

Post by JT »

Good Review .... very well done !
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Thanks, it was easy when you are inspired so greatly :wink:

I've seen Roger three times now solo and twice with Floyd. He is a remarkable human.
Last edited by Parish on Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Wow that was fast Parish, thanks!

Looks like it was raining when the pig came out
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Freddie Mercury wrote:Wow that was fast Parish, thanks!

Looks like it was raining when the pig came out
Yeah it rain/misted all night but no one really cared. The lightning that was going on out a few miles over the water was insane but also a welcomed addition to the evenings pyrotechnics.

It was a special night, I'm tellin' ya...
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

Great review Matt.

Not as good as your jokes on some other site...
I'm going to the Shoreline show in a couple of weeks, can't wait.

EchoesB..
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

I changed the topics title to Roger Waters Concert Reviews because Parish's review got me thinking that this should be an official review thread, not just my review. It will probably take up less space for keith cause then people are posting thier reviews here instead of in its own thread.

EDIT: i also believe that a mod should make this a sticky so it is easy to get to, that way when someone wants to read or write a review they dont have to search for this topic.